Supportive partners/spouses/SOs/families

Options
13»

Replies

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    My hubby cleared off the space around our home gym which had not been used in a few years. Then he put down a pad around it, since it's in the garage, so I could do stuff like push-ups and sit ups comfortably. And when I need to workout at night he's always willing to get the kids ready for bed. When I want to eat a specific meal for dinner, he and the kids are always willing to try it.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    This is becoming one of my favourite threads :)
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My love and I have different schedules and he usually works out before work, but gets excited to go to the gym with me at night as well.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My bf and I have had bouts about some of the things he says that he thinks are motivational when I'm not being good (pointing out other women and saying "see - you're going to look like that some day" is not, in any way, shape, or form, a good idea, guys. Just a protip, there).

BUT he's amazing at celebrating with me when I have successes and that has kept me going through some tough spots. When I report even the tiniest of victories on the scale, he will offer me massages, he does my chores for me, he'll cook... whatever he thinks he can do that I'll be grateful for.

Once I told him I'd lost a pound, but then followed it up with how miserable I was that day because I'd had an ovarian cyst rupture and cramps. To reward me for succeeding and to make me feel better, he went on a bike ride to my favorite custard shop - because I'd been "doing so good and because it looked like I needed it." I literally cried.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Excellent post!

When I'm at my honey's house, he makes sure I have the kind of food I like.

He tells me I look great and how proud he is of me becoming fitter and taking good care of myself.

He is a keeper:)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    And also ... (I've mentioned some of this elsewhere, but I'll put it here too ...)

My husband makes dinner most evenings, and he often presents me with my plate complete with a sticky note on the edge containing the weights of the food on the plate.

He also emails me links to any recipes he uses off http://www.taste.com.au/ or wherever else he gets them, so that I can upload them into MFP.

He bought the current scale we have in the kitchen for me. He wanted a scale down in his workshop, and our previous kitchen scale was rather basic. So he took that one, and bought me a nice-looking new one that goes with the decor. :)

We go grocery shopping together ... that's something we've done right from when we first got together. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I need to carry an array of glasses now, so I don't always have the right ones for reading the small print on the labels with me when we're shopping ... so he reads them out to me. I also think in calories, not kilojoules. So many things here are listed in kilojoules, but I know that if you divide kilojoules by 4, you're right in the ballpark of calories. While we're shopping, I'm constantly saying, "What's 3000/4?" "What's 980/4?" and things like that. He's really quick with the math, so he just fires off the answers to me.

Thiis is awesome!