5:2 Diet friends wanted

Options
I'm starting to do the 5:2 diet from today, just wondering if anyone else is doing this and if you wanted to be friends on here your more than welcome to add me

Replies

• sarahbiggins1
    sarahbiggins1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Yes I am too... would be great to buddy up.... I have about 3 stone to loose..... be great to share what we eating and successes. For today I am having tesco healthy living chicken and new potato, veg = 280 calories and not sure what else yet? but not eating until dinner
  • tabletmfp
    tabletmfp Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes add me please. I have lost 16 Kg on 5.2 and I am bobbing around in maintenance zone around 62 kgs. I am still fasting 3 days a week on 500 cal, and 1500 other days. I put on 2 kgs a few weeks ago but it's nearly gone now. I might buy a kitchen scale if anyone can recommend one?
  • valmegb
    valmegb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Morning, I started this yesterday too! Do most people do 2 days fasting? Only asking as other have mentioned doing more.
  • YouBlowMyMind
    YouBlowMyMind Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hey just wondering what this diet is??
  • mmrie6905
    mmrie6905 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today is my first fast day. Please add me as a friend! =)
  • mmrie6905
    mmrie6905 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    valmegb wrote: »
    Morning, I started this yesterday too! Do most people do 2 days fasting? Only asking as other have mentioned doing more.

I think you are supposed to do 2 days but you can do up to 3 and on maintenance you do one.
  • fitgirlforthewin
    fitgirlforthewin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone add me! Today is day 6 for me and having friends would be amazing and motivating. I will def. Be adding you guys too B)
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    What is this? Does it work?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Tried it for a day - the 500 calorie day - and gave up because I was a big moody beast!
    I don't recommend if you, like me have an enormous appetite. I was so hungry!! Kudos to you if you can do this!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    It is 5 days at 1200 and two fasted days at 500 but you can eat liquid foods or other foods. You can google it too.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am not disciplined enough for that LOL. I can do the 1,200 but I need my one day a week to eat at maintaince.
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish (I do alternate day fasting not 5:2, but its close enough).
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    How do you spend your fast days? Add me if you like :)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    It is 5 days at 1200 and two fasted days at 500 but you can eat liquid foods or other foods. You can google it too.

No, it's 5 days at your maintenance level and 2 at 500 for women and 600 for men.
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I think it's 5 days at normal maintenance/TDEE levels and 2 days at 500. Otherwise it's extreme caloric restriction for most people.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I do eat stop eat which is basically the same thing except my 500 calories are ALWAYS at the end of the fast period not during.
    I have added you.
  • kaylaybanez
    kaylaybanez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be friends :)
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of good groups on here for various IF strats, if you wanna check 'em out.
  • wafi2015
    wafi2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am planning to start 5:2 after couple of month. for maintaining where I will be and loose little more
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow52ers :)

Please feel free to add me. I've been eating this way for quite a while now and I've lost 6 stone so far. Got another 4 stone to go. Can't imagine eating any other way now.

Xxx