Replies

• tcarmen85
    tcarmen85 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lol! Thank you
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    He saved you dumping him later when you saw his true colours! Sent a text? Jerk.... Not worth the trouble....
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Thank you!
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    He saved you dumping him later when you saw his true colours! Sent a text? Jerk.... Not worth the trouble....

• suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    OP. You'll know when you meet the right person - someone who wants 'you' for 'you' and just simply loves you, regardless of what size you happen to be at the time.

When I first met my partner of over 20 years I was 112lbs and had a great figure. We had a great physical relationship and were (and still are) true soul mates. I can remember him telling me that he would love me just as much if I was twice the size and guess what - I did get fat and old lol and he does love me just as much.
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing, I feel more hopeful today than yesterday!
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    OP. You'll know when you meet the right person - someone who wants 'you' for 'you' and just simply loves you, regardless of what size you happen to be at the time.

When I first met my partner of over 20 years I was 112lbs and had a great figure. We had a great physical relationship and were (and still are) true soul mates. I can remember him telling me that he would love me just as much if I was twice the size and guess what - I did get fat and old lol and he does love me just as much.

• emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Omg that's so awful, he was definitely a waste of your time! Stay positive and focused and do this for YOU.. you will be happier in the long run
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    not to worry, plenty of folks out there that are looking for what you got!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    rhianna818 wrote: »
    Yeah, that really sucks. Its hard to hear. Especially after 4 months. But in the long run it was better the told you. I mean, he could have left the part about your weight out of it tho. That is the part that makes him a dbag. Having a preference is fine. I've had to be the one to tell someone I wasn't interested (not bc of weight but other physical features) and it was so hard to find the courage to say it, but I took into account the other persons feelings and wasn't mean. Good luck to you and you will find someone who will love everything about you! The before and after picture :smiley:

What she said. There are more mature men out there, he just is not one of them.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    what a turd

Bahaha! Perfect.
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    LOL!
    arditarose wrote: »
    what a turd

Bahaha! Perfect.

• tcarmen85
    Options
    Awwwwww thanks
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    Omg that's so awful, he was definitely a waste of your time! Stay positive and focused and do this for YOU.. you will be happier in the long run

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    You've already received 100 replies, so let me just add (or repeat?) that the silver lining is that you found out about this now. It's so much better than finding out after investing physically and emotionally that you're not what your partner really expected (something I'm kind of dealing with, to an extent - after two years dating and one year living together).

I know that doesn't make it easier though. :( Some people just have wonky priorities.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Unpopular opinion alert....
    I actually thought his text was tasteful. It hurt to read, I'm sure, but he was trying to be gentle.
    Looking at the other side, perhaps he enjoyed spending time with you so much that he wanted to try getting past the physical part, but then decided it was a deal breaker for him. He should have made this decision earlier for sure, but 4 months really isn't that long in the scheme of things.

Pick yourself up and move on. If you want to lose weight, great, but it shouldn't have anything to do with revenge or anyone else.

This is interesting.
    I'm actually glad he said anything at all... although his reasoning being your size, I mean yeah that stings...I'm sorry about that. He probably could have gone with out saying that, and just told you he wasn't feeling any chemistry...because if it's been 4 months and you wanted sex and he didn't (apart from religious reasons) he wasn't into you anyway. Sorry he strung you along for that long... there is always someone else around the corner that will like you inside and out.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got lucky!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    At least he was honest with you and saved you finding out he was not compatible in the long run. He obviously has his views/opinions on what he's looking for in a partner and expressed them to you. Sorry it did not work out and I'm sure you will find somebody more compatible.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    He could have been honest 4 flipping months ago! Everyone has a preference, but why string along someone for 4 months when you weren't attracted to them in the first place? It doesn't take 4 months to realize this. You are better off and friend request sent!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    MissTattoo wrote: »
    He could have been honest 4 flipping months ago! Everyone has a preference, but why string along someone for 4 months when you weren't attracted to them in the first place? It doesn't take 4 months to realize this. You are better off and friend request sent!

Maybe he did not want to be shallow and judge on first impressions and wanted to get to know her more as a person before deciding. Why is it stringing her along, they were dating to see if they were suitable for each other to take the next step. Both parties were involved in the dating process and it sounds like they had a nice time while it lasted.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

Maybe he did not want to be shallow and judge on first impressions and wanted to get to know her more as a person before deciding. Why is it stringing her along, they were dating to see if they were suitable for each other to take the next step. Both parties were involved in the dating process and it sounds like they had a nice time while it lasted.

Even though life is the longest thing we do, it's still too short; to spend 4 months of dating to know whether or not someone is physically attracted to them. Physical attraction is determined upon 1st glance. Whereas other attractions, take longer. It seems to be that he was having a good time with her, as a friend only but was aware that her interest went beyond that. I believe that he thought that if she knew, he was just friend zoning her; she wouldn't want to spend anymore time with him because possibly she wasn't looking for another friend. So he strung her along, until it came to a point; that he felt that she'd want to have sex with him.
  • tcarmen85
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Tks
    slideaway1 wrote: »

Even though life is the longest thing we do, it's still too short; to spend 4 months of dating to know whether or not someone is physically attracted to them. Physical attraction is determined upon 1st glance. Whereas other attractions, take longer. It seems to be that he was having a good time with her, as a friend only but was aware that her interest went beyond that. I believe that he thought that if she knew, he was just friend zoning her; she wouldn't want to spend anymore time with him because possibly she wasn't looking for another friend. So he strung her along, until it came to a point; that he felt that she'd want to have sex with him.