Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    *And clearly I suck 100% at quoting :D
  • tcarmen85
    tcarmen85 Posts: 85 Member
    Yes I'm glad he was honest
    phoenix26z wrote: »
    If he isn't in love with the inside, then don't let him be in love with the outside! :) So glad he was honest! Agree- Dodged a nasty bullet. Onto a better one

• xena80s
    xena80s Posts: 18 Member
    Sounds like he wanted out and went the cowards way by trying to make it your fault. You dodged a bullet for sure.

^^^This

• tcarmen85
    Me too lol
    karyabc wrote: »
    *And clearly I suck 100% at quoting :D

• tcarmen85
    Yes I need to move on since this did happen 6 days ago
    catt952 wrote: »
    Just forget that dude.

• tcarmen85
    Yes I will, thank you
    dfwbeat wrote: »
    You'll show him! Stay on track and don't give up!

• tcarmen85
    Lmfao!!
    arditarose wrote: »
    what a turd

• tcarmen85
    Yes I agree.
    xena80s wrote: »
    Sounds like he wanted out and went the cowards way by trying to make it your fault. You dodged a bullet for sure.

^^^This

• tcarmen85
    Yes you're right!
    Annr wrote: »
    Not so much in common as you thought. His loss friend. Find a guy that likes you for YOU, not just how you look.

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Thank goodness the relationship had not gone any further before he made this decision. It hurts now but could have been worse. Good for you to move on and take care of yourself. (((((hugs)))))
  • tcarmen85
    Thank you for the hugs I needed that
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    You dodged a bullet. He's not worth your time or energy. Don't try to figure him out.

Absolutely! I had a similar experience with my last relationship. He said he wasn't attracted to me because I was "too big". I responded with "There's the door Honey. I hope you find someone that fits your long list of standards and is genuinely interested in you instead of your bank balance." He came back a few days later with an apology. In hindsight I shouldn't have given him a second chance because he was the same shallow, selfish fool four years later.
    Appreciate this bloke's honesty but, don't look back. He's the one missing out here, not you.
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Just wanted to add that I saw my shallow selfish fool a few months ago (over 7 years after we broke up). A lot has happened since but, it was rather satisfying to see that he has gained the weight I've lost.
  • tcarmen85 wrote: »
    This was the tex I received from him "I really do enjoy hanging out with you and you are lots of fun. There's a lot of characteristics about you that I do like. However I'm afraid of myself. I've never dated anyone heavier than me. I'm not sure how I would handle that in the long run. That may not be fair to you. that may not be fair to you. And perhaps I'm the one with the problem.
    :/ please elaborate the exact words he told you , like "yeah you're actually too heave so no thank you? "

It seems to me that he's possibly insecure about his masculinity because he most likely has beliefs like, a man should weigh more than a woman, be stronger than a woman, be taller than a woman, etc.
  • tcarmen85
    Thank you and funny!!! That's awesome that he gained weight!
    Just wanted to add that I saw my shallow selfish fool a few months ago (over 7 years after we broke up). A lot has happened since but, it was rather satisfying to see that he has gained the weight I've lost.

• tcarmen85
    Thank you for you comment
    tcarmen85 wrote: »
    This was the tex I received from him "I really do enjoy hanging out with you and you are lots of fun. There's a lot of characteristics about you that I do like. However I'm afraid of myself. I've never dated anyone heavier than me. I'm not sure how I would handle that in the long run. That may not be fair to you. that may not be fair to you. And perhaps I'm the one with the problem.
    :/ please elaborate the exact words he told you , like "yeah you're actually too heave so no thank you? "

It seems to me that he's possibly insecure about his masculinity because he most likely has beliefs like, a man should weigh more than a woman, be stronger than a woman, be taller than a woman, etc.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Ugh, hate time wasters! Girl spend your time on something or someone that is not flaky. Good riddance
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You definitely dodged a bullet with that shallow little fool :)
    You are beautiful - regardless of whether you're 100lbs overweight or hitting your goal, you are beautiful. The best and only thing you can do for this loser is pity him. He has lost out.

Best of luck - and remember, do this for you and only you.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    His loss! Use it for motivation but do it for you and noone else :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited September 2015
    Well done, you just shed a tonne of dead weight in the time it took to read a text ;)

You don't need any one that superficial in your life. You can lose the weight for you if that is what YOU want to do but don't do it because of what he said.