"Too heavy" he said to me

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Well done, you just shed a tonne of dead weight in the time it took to read a text ;)

You don't need any one that superficial in your life. You can lose the weight for you if that is what YOU want to do but don't do it because of what he said.
  • tcarmen85
    tcarmen85 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and yes I am doing it for my health
    Well done, you just shed a tonne of dead weight in the time it took to read a text ;)

You don't need any one that superficial in your life. You can lose the weight for you if that is what YOU want to do but don't do it because of what he said.

• tcarmen85
    Options
    Yes I will, thanks
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    His loss! Use it for motivation but do it for you and noone else :)

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    What a loser.

You can do so much better.
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Thank you! And okay I will do it for me only!
    You definitely dodged a bullet with that shallow little fool :)
    You are beautiful - regardless of whether you're 100lbs overweight or hitting your goal, you are beautiful. The best and only thing you can do for this loser is pity him. He has lost out.

Best of luck - and remember, do this for you and only you.

• tcarmen85
    Options
    LOL! okay! Thank you!
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Ugh, hate time wasters! Girl spend your time on something or someone that is not flaky. Good riddance

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Errrr, so we are berating this chap because he was honest with you about his preferences and ultimately decided it was better not to string you along and not treat you as a quick lay?

I get that it hurts and yes, he might be a complete tool in reality but it's hard to know for sure. Maybe he did find you attractive and thought he could get passed the weight issue with time? From your profile pic you look pretty to me.
  • makeitfun_thisisfun
    Options
    wow. My current boyfriend of (4+yrs) says that the reason why he won't marry me is because I am too fat. He has been saying this since we've started dating. (by the way he isn't fit and used to be fat). Through out many years I have been trying to loose weight and get thin so I can be good enough to get married to. It's years of stress not loosing the weight which in turn makes me put on more. Though we are still together I have come to the realization that if we break up (even over my weight) its not the worst think in the world, and you know what? - That was the key I lost 30lbs last year, because I WANTED TO, not because I wanted to FOR HIM. When a guy makes you feel like your not attractive enough to be with; sometimes that gives us the fear that every other guy will feel the same way. When these people say you DODGED A BULLET. Trust me, you did. It's not worth it in the long run. Further more think about it like this; are you upset about what you lost (a guy w/ faults who made you feel heavy) or are you upset about what you think you had or could of had? That guy is a jerk there is some one out there for you heavy or light. Do this for you.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you dodged a bullet there!

If you want to lose weight it should be for you, not for some d-bag.

He doesn't deserve you. Make yourself healthy and happy and the right one will accept you and love you for who you are, not what you look like.

• tcarmen85
    Options
    Thank you
    kkzmom11 wrote: »
    Sounds like you dodged a bullet there!

If you want to lose weight it should be for you, not for some d-bag.

He doesn't deserve you. Make yourself healthy and happy and the right one will accept you and love you for who you are, not what you look like.

• tcarmen85
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing, I will get over this sadness/anger I feel towards him!
    wow. My current boyfriend of (4+yrs) says that the reason why he won't marry me is because I am too fat. He has been saying this since we've started dating. (by the way he isn't fit and used to be fat). Through out many years I have been trying to loose weight and get thin so I can be good enough to get married to. It's years of stress not loosing the weight which in turn makes me put on more. Though we are still together I have come to the realization that if we break up (even over my weight) its not the worst think in the world, and you know what? - That was the key I lost 30lbs last year, because I WANTED TO, not because I wanted to FOR HIM. When a guy makes you feel like your not attractive enough to be with; sometimes that gives us the fear that every other guy will feel the same way. When these people say you DODGED A BULLET. Trust me, you did. It's not worth it in the long run. Further more think about it like this; are you upset about what you lost (a guy w/ faults who made you feel heavy) or are you upset about what you think you had or could of had? That guy is a jerk there is some one out there for you heavy or light. Do this for you.

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    tcarmen85 wrote: »
    After 4 months of constantly seeing each other (no sex involved).... He decided I was too heavy to have a relationship with me... Big shock since he saw what I looked like before he met me. Sooo confused?!?! We had so much in common and alway had a blast when we were together.

90% of dating is chemistry. If your body size doesn't do it for him, be thankful he was honest with you this early, and didn't try to "stick it out".
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    He could be using your weight as an excuse or he may have simply been honest. Maybe physical attraction just wasn't there and weight could have been a factor in that. Whatever the case, clearly he wasn't the right one for you.
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Yes thank you
    tcarmen85 wrote: »
    After 4 months of constantly seeing each other (no sex involved).... He decided I was too heavy to have a relationship with me... Big shock since he saw what I looked like before he met me. Sooo confused?!?! We had so much in common and alway had a blast when we were together.

90% of dating is chemistry. If your body size doesn't do it for him, be thankful he was honest with you this early, and didn't try to "stick it out".

• tcarmen85
    Options
    Than you
    He could be using your weight as an excuse or he may have simply been honest. Maybe physical attraction just wasn't there and weight could have been a factor in that. Whatever the case, clearly he wasn't the right one for you.

• NicoleMartinelli8
    Options
    What a jack *kitten*! I'm sorry! I have been there and done that. And I was skinny. He's obviously not for u! Move on! I wasted 2.5 years of my youth on a man like that. Smh
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Lol thank you! and I will hopefully soon
    What a jack *kitten*! I'm sorry! I have been there and done that. And I was skinny. He's obviously not for u! Move on! I wasted 2.5 years of my youth on a man like that. Smh

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    That's his problem, not yours. And if you're on here to lose weight, when you do, don't go back and date him. The petty, vindictive part of me says text him a picture when you're at your goal and say 'see what you missed?' but that's just me. ^_^;
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Thank you but it still hurts, because he is not skinny he has a big stomach and I could care less about his weight
    msf74 wrote: »
    Errrr, so we are berating this chap because he was honest with you about his preferences and ultimately decided it was better not to string you along and not treat you as a quick lay?

I get that it hurts and yes, he might be a complete tool in reality but it's hard to know for sure. Maybe he did find you attractive and thought he could get passed the weight issue with time? From your profile pic you look pretty to me.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's a twist. My hubby prefers larger women, always has. I was worried he would be less attracted to me as I lost weight. Thankfully, not. We have a lot invested in each other and we're constant friends and companions.

In your case I'm guessing he worried what his buddies thought, romancing you. Shallow. Short-sighted.

Indeed there is someone out there, maybe more than one, who will be attracted to you as a whole person.