Krispy Kreme donuts are only 200cals?!

Just ate one and then was pretty and stoked when I saw how many cals they were..I expected 400ish!

Replies

• katiegud
    katiegud Posts: 25 Member
    Hmm, the one I ate the other day had 350. It was frosted and stuff though.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    katiegud wrote: »
    Hmm, the one I ate the other day had 350. It was frosted and stuff though.

I just had a basic, normal glazed donut.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    they are not that many calories...but they don't have much in them to help you feel full.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Wait.... You commonly say you try to stay under 1200 calories (and aim under medical supervision) but waste what you thought was 400 calories on donut, leaving only 800 calories or less on other food?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I always check calories before I eat something like that, but that's cool it turned out to be less than expected.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Krispy Kremes are still a thing?

All of them around here have pretty much closed up shop...

I'd rather spend 350 calories on a quality donut than 190 calories on those horrible things anyway.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited September 2015
    "post not appreciated so removed this normal reaction"
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    190 to be exact - there's not much to them, mostly air. I don't have a sweet tooth, so it still wouldn't be worth it to me but I could see where it would make someone's day. Enjoy!
  • lemurcat12
    ceoverturf wrote: »

I'd rather spend 350 calories on a quality donut than 190 calories on those horrible things anyway.

Totally agree with this. When they first appeared here people were going on about them and I couldn't figure out why anyone thought they were special. Anyway, that didn't last long.
  • BurnWithBarn2015

this lol like i said mine was 383 and delicious :)

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    ^^^^^^ omg :/ seriously some people are noisy and don't know or recognize the line of minding their own business. people need to stop with the excessive unasked advice, that's the reason so many close their diaries.

Daniel thanks for sharing. didn't know they were 200 cals! :)
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Krispy Kreme isn't really HORRIBLE, but if I'm going to have a donut, then I'm going to Titus Bakery for some Pershings or Bismarcks. But, that's in Indiana, and I'm in Texas... so...
  • AspenDan
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Wait.... You commonly say you try to stay under 1200 calories (and aim under medical supervision) but waste what you thought was 400 calories on donut, leaving only 800 calories or less on other food?

This is incorrect. Last time I ate that little was months ago, I started to feel lethargic so I've upped my calories quite a bit..thanks for your concern.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    edited September 2015
    "post not appreciated so removed this normal reaction"

• Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Oh please - I've given up 500 of my 1200 for wine before, if someone wants to give up a couple hundred for a donut that's their business. :)
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Oh please - I've given up 500 of my 1200 for wine before, if someone wants to give up a couple hundred for a donut that's their business. :)

I-Like-You.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member

right??????????????? LOLOLOL

and Krispy Kreme rocks! LOL
  • katiegud
    katiegud Posts: 25 Member

Haha, yeah, I read that one and thought about the day I just had Hershey Kisses for dinner.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Totally agree with this. When they first appeared here people were going on about them and I couldn't figure out why anyone thought they were special. Anyway, that didn't last long.
    For me, they're a regional thing. I was born in and frequently visited family near one of the first locations. They would set up a huge factory assembly line that you could look at and watch the entire process, which was a lot of fun. Then you'd get your donut hot and fresh off the line, which definitely upped the flavor (which is why I always preferred a plain glazed). I agree that when they spread locations and you'd be buying one that had been sitting on the shelf or getting them in a box at a gas station, they were a lot less special.

That makes sense. I recall that it was mostly Southerners who'd been saying how great they were and were excited they were coming, and I couldn't figure out what made them better, especially when we actually do have some pretty good local doughnut places. But having them fresh and hot and associated with good memories is no doubt very different. ;-)
  • AspenDan

right??????????????? LOLOLOL

and Krispy Kreme rocks! LOL

Yeah I'm not saying it was the best decision, but things like that help stave off the "I can't eat however much of whatever I want!!" depression =P

So worth!