Krispy Kreme donuts are only 200cals?!

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    200 calories? Plain old fashioned Dunkin Donuts donuts are 370. So, I doubt it.

Dunkin donuts aare cake donuts and much more dense. KK are yeast donuts and much lighter in volume and density.

DD also tastes like crap but hey we all got our opinions LOLOLOL

Sooo much this.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    They are just so light and airy and tasty - not overly surprising. Have not had one in years and don't even know if there's one around anymore.

I always budget in calories for donuts and beer. What's the point to all the running without donuts and beer?

:/ and glorious ice cream /the end... ;)

Duh! Of course you budget for ice cream!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Just ate one and then was pretty and stoked when I saw how many cals they were..I expected 400ish!
    Nice, my SIL loves these so I won't feel to bad about buying her them now :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Dunkin donuts aare cake donuts and much more dense. KK are yeast donuts and much lighter in volume and density.

Sooo much this.

They are both mediocre and not worth the calories.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Sooo much this.

Meh. I have no issue walking a few extra miles so I can eat something I'm in the mood for. I have noticed that the location of the store heavily influences the quality of the donut. However, I have never had a DD I liked, whereas I have many delicious KKs. My favorite place now is a local store that's been in my town for 100 years.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    they are not that many calories...but they don't have much in them to help you feel full.

Yes, but i'm guessing most people eat sweet things just for the taste....not to feel full.
    I normally have something sweet AFTER eating my dinner.
    I love doughnuts! <3

Not me :) I eat for food not taste and I love Krispey Kreme. When i go thats at least 750 calories right there....granted I work it in my calorie allotment :)
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I love Krispy Kreme donuts! Light and warm and yummy! I hate Dunkin Donuts (cake donuts).

But I don't eat them anymore. 200 calories is 1/8th of my daily calorie allotment and one donut is just a tease. When I go to Krispy Kreme it's three donuts minimum and I usually get the raspberry-filled ones. Easily 600-1000 calories. On a 1500 calorie limit, it's not worth it.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    If it was a 400ish donut I'd have just cut it in half & save the other half, for another day. I had gone to McDonald's & used 1 of their "Buy One Large Sandwich, Get One Free" coupons. I normally would've gotten 2 Fillet O Fish sandwiches but since I'd had a box of Gorton's Beer Batter Shrimp, that week; I didn't because I didn't want to get Mercury poisoning. So I bought 1 Quarter Pounder With Cheese & got the Bic Mac, for free. Since they were 520 to 540 Calories each, I cut them both into Quarters & ate 1/4 of each, at a time; so they lasted nearly 24 hours.
    You don't get mercury poisoning for eating two servings of seafood in a week. That's well within recommendations of 8-12 ounces of seafood per week (even for pregnant women, who are most at risk). Also, neither type of seafood you would have eaten are high-risk. Those would be tuna (which they don't tell you to not eat, just to limit to 6 ounces per week), tilefish, shark, swordfish, and king mackerel.

I had said that I had eaten a box of the shrimp, that week; which is about or over 12 Ounces.
  • lemurcat12
    edited September 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Sooo much this.

Meh. I have no issue walking a few extra miles so I can eat something I'm in the mood for. I have noticed that the location of the store heavily influences the quality of the donut. However, I have never had a DD I liked, whereas I have many delicious KKs. My favorite place now is a local store that's been in my town for 100 years.

I have no issue walking extra miles or otherwise fitting in something tasty.

I just think this idea that KK is somehow vastly preferable to DD is wrong (but of course taste is subjective). Neither is all that great.

A good donut (or doughnut), can definitely be worth the calories.

Personally, for 200 calories I'd take ice cream over KK any day.

But again, obviously it's all just personal preference. DD has just never been overrated the way KK is, IMO.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Just think how many mashed potatoes you could've had for 200 calories.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I love Krispy Kreme donuts! Light and warm and yummy! I hate Dunkin Donuts (cake donuts).

But I don't eat them anymore. 200 calories is 1/8th of my daily calorie allotment and one donut is just a tease. When I go to Krispy Kreme it's three donuts minimum and I usually get the raspberry-filled ones. Easily 600-1000 calories. On a 1500 calorie limit, it's not worth it.

thats me...3 donuts minimum but I like to taste a few, so i get glazed, chocolated, and rasberry filled :) I time it for a big exercise days.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Just think how many mashed potatoes you could've had for 200 calories.

Heh!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Just ate one and then was pretty and stoked when I saw how many cals they were..I expected 400ish!

This would be really great news if I could just stop at one :)
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    nichalsont wrote: »

This would be really great news if I could just stop at one :)

I did only have one..my co workers saw to that hahaha.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I was shocked when I found out that even those apple cider donuts I love at the farm have less calories than the average bagel.

But yeah.. can't do DD anymore after having the donuts from the local shop that opened here. Only tried KK one and I was disappointed, and that was before I even started counting calories.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Most of DD's donuts are not cake donuts.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme isn't really HORRIBLE, but if I'm going to have a donut, then I'm going to Titus Bakery for some Pershings or Bismarcks. But, that's in Indiana, and I'm in Texas... so...
    Yeah, I've never been a huge fan of KK. Shipley's is a more acceptable donut chain in Texas.

• owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Krispy Kremes are still a thing?

All of them around here have pretty much closed up shop...

I'd rather spend 350 calories on a quality donut than 190 calories on those horrible things anyway.

They are relatively new to the UK market and are popping up all over the place. You can pretty much pick up a Krispy Kreme from most large petrol stations, motorway services, Supermarkets. They even have quite a few stores around me that are always busy. I like to have one as a treat with a coffee.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme isn't really HORRIBLE, but if I'm going to have a donut, then I'm going to Titus Bakery for some Pershings or Bismarcks. But, that's in Indiana, and I'm in Texas... so...
    Round Rock Donuts. Though, depending on where you are in Texas, Indiana might still be closer.

• robspot
    robspot Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    o47qy4f73580.jpg

I'll see your "American" donuts and raise you a butterscotch pecan yum yum!!!