robspot Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Clearly not 200 calories though
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    robspot wrote: »
    o47qy4f73580.jpg

I'll see your "American" donuts and raise you a butterscotch pecan yum yum!!!

Mmmmm.... They look nice. Might pick one up next time I get my free coffee! ;)
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme isn't really HORRIBLE, but if I'm going to have a donut, then I'm going to Titus Bakery for some Pershings or Bismarcks. But, that's in Indiana, and I'm in Texas... so...
    Round Rock Donuts. Though, depending on where you are in Texas, Indiana might still be closer.
    Aggieland, so Round Rock is closer, if only just. ;)

In this area, you're more like to find a good kolache bakery than donut shop. Caldwell's kolache festival is this Saturday, too bad I already have plans.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    Options
    Krispy Kreme isn't really HORRIBLE, but if I'm going to have a donut, then I'm going to Titus Bakery for some Pershings or Bismarcks. But, that's in Indiana, and I'm in Texas... so...
    Yeah, I've never been a huge fan of KK. Shipley's is a more acceptable donut chain in Texas.

Shipley's aren't bad, my mom loves them, that's for sure. I just don't have much taste for sugary pastries.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    o47qy4f73580.jpg

Oh.em.gee. Where are these?!? I want many!!
  • robspot
    Options
    owensy12 wrote: »

They're amazing! I took this picture one day when really hungry, sent it to my wife saying HELP! She replied "Move away from the weird jizz covered snacks!" Lol, that did the trick
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    o47qy4f73580.jpg

Oh.em.gee. Where are these?!? I want many!!

I believe it's Waitrose. A supermarket in the UK.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    o47qy4f73580.jpg

This picture actually made me weep. :*

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Round Rock Donuts. Though, depending on where you are in Texas, Indiana might still be closer.

In this area, you're more like to find a good kolache bakery than donut shop. Caldwell's kolache festival is this Saturday, too bad I already have plans.

Are you an ag? Me too!
  • LaceyBirds
    Options

They're amazing! I took this picture one day when really hungry, sent it to my wife saying HELP! She replied "Move away from the weird jizz covered snacks!" Lol, that did the trick

And that dried my tears right up. :#

• robspot
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »

And that dried my tears right up. :#

LMAO sorry
  • LaceyBirds
    Options
    200 calories? Plain old fashioned Dunkin Donuts donuts are 370. So, I doubt it.

Dunkin donuts aare cake donuts and much more dense. KK are yeast donuts and much lighter in volume and density.

DD also tastes like crap but hey we all got our opinions LOLOLOL

Nay, nay I say!!! DD Boston Cream Donuts make my taste buds so very happy, I try to have one once a week or two. 310 calories and 16 sugars are totally worth it and actually fill me up.

But those Yum Yums could very possibly unseat BCDs if I could find them. :D

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    If it was a 400ish donut I'd have just cut it in half & save the other half, for another day. I had gone to McDonald's & used 1 of their "Buy One Large Sandwich, Get One Free" coupons. I normally would've gotten 2 Fillet O Fish sandwiches but since I'd had a box of Gorton's Beer Batter Shrimp, that week; I didn't because I didn't want to get Mercury poisoning. So I bought 1 Quarter Pounder With Cheese & got the Bic Mac, for free. Since they were 520 to 540 Calories each, I cut them both into Quarters & ate 1/4 of each, at a time; so they lasted nearly 24 hours.

You don't get mercury poisoning for eating two servings of seafood in a week. That's well within recommendations of 8-12 ounces of seafood per week (even for pregnant women, who are most at risk). Also, neither type of seafood you would have eaten are high-risk. Those would be tuna (which they don't tell you to not eat, just to limit to 6 ounces per week), tilefish, shark, swordfish, and king mackerel.

I had said that I had eaten a box of the shrimp, that week; which is about or over 12 Ounces.

And shrimp has 0 parts mercury per 4 oz, so at most a trace amount in your 12 ounces. Compared to between 110 and 219 parts per four ounces in the high risk fish. (even if you'd added the fillet-o-fish, the pollock in it is also a very low mercury fish)
    (http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2010/DietaryGuidelines2010.pdf --appendix 11).
    (http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/guide.asp)

And of course, eat whatever you like, I just wanted to make sure no one saw your post and panicked.

Thanks for posting this!

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Your wife sounds amazing :laughing:

@VykkDraygoVPR
    Yeah, that's why I've only eaten donuts once this year. I really need to find a good place in Houston.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I remember when KK arrived in Phoenix (when I lived there), so much buzz. And of course the hype around it ended up in me being disappointed once I finally had one. Tasted like straight up butter. Like if Cotton Candy wasn't spun sugar but was spun butter. Some weird nothing-substance that melted on my tongue and tasted like butter. I haven't had another one since.

Where I live now I only see KK preboxed in the grocery store alongside other preboxed snack cakes and donuts.

DD rules the roost where I live, I don't think I've even seen any other donut shop around (though there are lots of bakeries and bistros). I've always liked DD donuts, but I usually only ever had them when someone would bring in a huge box for meetings or the breakroom.

I did specifically go to DD several months ago for a free donut on free donut day. Which I found out about on MFP. I got a strawberry glazed, it was a yeast donut and around 400 cals if I recall correctly. DD has a large variety of both yeast and cake donuts.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The cafeteria where I work uses leftover Krispy Kreme donuts to make bread pudding. Having already researched the calories in a glazed KK donut, the woman who told me about it was annoyed that I wasn't outraged that they make it in such an unhealthy way. "DO YOU KNOW HOW FATTENING THOSE THINGS ARE!?" Yes, I do, and I'm not impressed.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    o47qy4f73580.jpg

i dont know what that is BUT I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    Options

Are you an ag? Me too!
    I work at A&M, but didn't attend. :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    If it was a 400ish donut I'd have just cut it in half & save the other half, for another day. I had gone to McDonald's & used 1 of their "Buy One Large Sandwich, Get One Free" coupons. I normally would've gotten 2 Fillet O Fish sandwiches but since I'd had a box of Gorton's Beer Batter Shrimp, that week; I didn't because I didn't want to get Mercury poisoning. So I bought 1 Quarter Pounder With Cheese & got the Bic Mac, for free. Since they were 520 to 540 Calories each, I cut them both into Quarters & ate 1/4 of each, at a time; so they lasted nearly 24 hours.
    You don't get mercury poisoning for eating two servings of seafood in a week. That's well within recommendations of 8-12 ounces of seafood per week (even for pregnant women, who are most at risk). Also, neither type of seafood you would have eaten are high-risk. Those would be tuna (which they don't tell you to not eat, just to limit to 6 ounces per week), tilefish, shark, swordfish, and king mackerel.

I had said that I had eaten a box of the shrimp, that week; which is about or over 12 Ounces.

And shrimp has 0 parts mercury per 4 oz, so at most a trace amount in your 12 ounces. Compared to between 110 and 219 parts per four ounces in the high risk fish. (even if you'd added the fillet-o-fish, the pollock in it is also a very low mercury fish)
    (http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2010/DietaryGuidelines2010.pdf --appendix 11).
    (http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/guide.asp)

And of course, eat whatever you like, I just wanted to make sure no one saw your post and panicked.
    Thanks!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    During my trip to Hawaii this February we had malasadas during a century ride. Presumably more than 200 calories, but worth it. I usually don't like filled donuts, but for some reason these were an exception.

1j8wd097ypjj.jpg