Nuts makes you fat ?

Options
13»

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I buy whole almonds. One serving size = 1/4 cup = 168 calories = what fits in my hand reasonably. I have it, take my time with it, and I don't feel compelled to have two more handfuls. Often I'll have 3/4 cup Greek yoghurt and blueberries for breakfast and that handful of almonds and I feel satiated.

If I've gone for a run during the day, I may have a second serving later.

Butters... I find them - for me - too easy to over-consume. But whole almonds I'm ok with. Maybe experiment?
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Nuts are very calorie dense. When I am trying to cut it's just too many calories for me because it prevents me from eating more and more filling stuff. When I lost most of my weight I tried to make choices that would still enable me to eat a considerable amount of food, but still keep the protien high and the calories at a minimum.
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    I do indeed quite petite, my height is 159cm which yeah very petite. And i am working right now, with minimal amount of moving. I think that the calories are enough for me. But i do crave for fatty food despite having a full belly.

So 5'2... only 2 inches below average. When I said very small, I meant like dwarf height. If you were 4'4 and completely sedentary then 1000 calories would be about right for you. You could easily afford to eat the 300 calories of nuts you want a day and still lose weight.

Yeah...I'm 4'11" and could eat twice that and lose weight. My 69 year old grandma who averages 1000 steps a day and can hardly move due to rheumatoid arthritis maintains on 1350kcal . She's my height.

FAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU FAT. Nut will not make you fat. Eating too many calories get someone fat.

I've gone from 253lbs to 167lbs in 8 months. How much fat do I eat per day? Wait for it...here it comes...an average of 112 grams per day.

112 grams of fat a day, really? So about 800 calories perday just from fats......sorry but I highly doubt that. Not even sure how you could get to 112 grams a day in fat.....do you just eat butter like it is ice cream Or you could eat 7.5 cups of Rolo Ice Cream (but that would be 2400 calories).....sorry but i call BS on that one. I understand saying that everything is okay in moderation, but consuming some things like Mashed Potatoes, Cheese, French Fries, Breads, etc will make it very difficult to reach your goals.

• pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    112g of fat is easily possible if you follow a ketogenic diet. Bulletproof coffee for breakfast has 20g of fat, and more fat if you eat eggs and bacon with it. Lunch salad with meat, avocado and cheese and maybe a side of nuts for more fat. And for dinner more meat cooked in butter or oil with veggies in butter or mayo could easily bring you to 100+ grams of fat. One usually tried to keep carbs low when eating like this, like under 50g.
  • doralim1990
    doralim1990 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I dont do low carb, it is too hard and unsustainable for me and i have no energy and always hungry. I eat whole carbs like oats rice and potatoes
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Nuts won't necessarily make you fat. Going nuts and eating all the pop tarts might.
  • doralim1990
    doralim1990 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    preeJAY wrote: »
    I'm 155 cm and felt dizzy and weak on 1200, let alone 1000.

I weight train 3x a week and do no cardio, and lose on 1350 a day. I think your love of nuts is both from you really liking nuts, but also due to your body really needing the protein and fat, which is very hard to get enough of on 1000 Cal.

Totally agreed! But mind that my 1000 intake is a plant based diet, which i often cook myself. I eat like oats, bananas, fruits, vegetables stir fry with white rice, sweet potatoes most of the days. They are relatively low in calorie, you gotta eat much of it compared to meat dishes. And i am not vegan, i do eat meat occasionally (on that day my intake could reach up to 1,500cal)

I am the exact same height as you and lose on 1200, let alone 1000. :s

I think it would be best for you to seek professional help. Unless you're under a doctor's supervision, there's no way that eating below 1000 kcal is healthy.

Even with 1000cal i did not lose weight in this 2 weeks despite i eat healthy and exercise everyday. So do you think increasing the intake is a good idea?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    preeJAY wrote: »
    I'm 155 cm and felt dizzy and weak on 1200, let alone 1000.

I weight train 3x a week and do no cardio, and lose on 1350 a day. I think your love of nuts is both from you really liking nuts, but also due to your body really needing the protein and fat, which is very hard to get enough of on 1000 Cal.

Totally agreed! But mind that my 1000 intake is a plant based diet, which i often cook myself. I eat like oats, bananas, fruits, vegetables stir fry with white rice, sweet potatoes most of the days. They are relatively low in calorie, you gotta eat much of it compared to meat dishes. And i am not vegan, i do eat meat occasionally (on that day my intake could reach up to 1,500cal)

I am the exact same height as you and lose on 1200, let alone 1000. :s

I think it would be best for you to seek professional help. Unless you're under a doctor's supervision, there's no way that eating below 1000 kcal is healthy.

Even with 1000cal i did not lose weight in this 2 weeks despite i eat healthy and exercise everyday. So do you think increasing the intake is a good idea?
    Two weeks isn't enough time to tell anything. Yes, increasing from 1000 is a good idea.