I MISS CHOCOLATE

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Just have some!! Fit it into your cals and all will be well.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I don't want the fat content. I'm new at this diet and if I allow dip now I know I'll go nuts.
    Need to be in the mind frame first.
    If you deprive yourself of something, you're going to think about it more, which gives it power over you, and of
    course eventually you'll be low in willpower.
    So either make room for chocolate now & then (and have _good_ stuff, not hershey's - make it worth the calories),
    or come to terms with bingeing.

Low-cal options... frozen fudgesicle, non-sugar pudding made with skim milk, hot cocoa, etc.
  • NeonStrikeVi
    NeonStrikeVi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've switched to dark chocolate (85%), 6 pieces give 125kcal and 10g of fat and less than 3g of sugar. Moderation is key :)
  • phillytoast
    phillytoast Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Hmmm. I wasn't aware that chocolate--especially dark chocolate--was "total crap".

Me neither. I guess our definitions of total crap must be wrong.

I would say especially for the OP it isn't total crap who denying herself a certain food aka chocolate is making her feel like she is going nuts. That doesn't sound like a recipe for success. If the OP can get her head around having an actual, appropriate portion of chocolate in her daily life....that might be just the lesson she needs to learn that will benefit her for a lifetime.

Appreciated but the op is a guy hello in a dude why does everyone keep calling me she !
  • phillytoast
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I don't want the fat content. I'm new at this diet and if I allow dip now I know I'll go nuts. Need to be in the mind frame first.

I would say to work on your relationship with food. No food is good or bad, it's just all food. Besides this, fat in your diet is good for you.

Remember: you have control over food, it does not have control over you. :)

Thank you. This is the best part to start a diet from. A new relationship with food.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I wasn't aware that chocolate--especially dark chocolate--was "total crap".

I would say especially for the OP it isn't total crap who denying herself a certain food aka chocolate is making her feel like she is going nuts. That doesn't sound like a recipe for success. If the OP can get her head around having an actual, appropriate portion of chocolate in her daily life....that might be just the lesson she needs to learn that will benefit her for a lifetime.

Appreciated but the op is a guy hello in a dude why does everyone keep calling me she !

I think the makeup is why.
  • phillytoast
    Options

But of course! Only one gender can make their eyes pop. Eye liner and foundation only works on women on men it just evaporates. 21st century!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Sorry you keep getting this. But your profile picture does look more female than male.

Anyway my go-to for chocolate is Moser Roth 85% dark. It is only $1.99 at Aldi and each package has 5 individually wrapped bars. It is a little indulgent but very satisfying. I work a bar or half of a bar into my menu several times a week.
  • strong_curves
    Options

But of course! Only one gender can make their eyes pop. Eye liner and foundation only works on women on men it just evaporates. 21st century!

No, not everyone thinks exactly that. A person could have also thought that you were a transgender person and wanted to be respectful by saying she instead of he. I don't think anyone was trying to be offensive or narrow minded in their thinking, they just assumed by your picture that you were a she.

• phillytoast
    Options
    Sorry you keep getting this. But your profile picture does look more female than male.

Anyway my go-to for chocolate is Moser Roth 85% dark. It is only $1.99 at Aldi and each package has 5 individually wrapped bars. It is a little indulgent but very satisfying. I work a bar or half of a bar into my menu several times a week.

But nothing people shouldn't assume. Politeness isn't down to me but people that see it and that's good info thank you.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    But nothing people shouldn't assume. Politeness isn't down to me but people that see it and that's good info thank you.

I don't think anyone meant to be rude. It would be nice if we had icons under our user names that said if we are/identify as, male or female.

On topic. Another go to for me is semi sweet toll house morsels. 10 grams for 50 calories will sometimes do the trick to curb the chocolate craving without being too much fat and calories. I sometimes have that with a few slivered almonds and some fresh berries, as a snack.
  • phillytoast
    Options

No, not everyone thinks exactly that. A person could have also thought that you were a transgender person and wanted to be respectful by saying she instead of he. I don't think anyone was trying to be offensive or narrow minded in their thinking, they just assumed by your picture that you were a she.

Isn't assuming just as bad?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I would go nuts for a huge bar of chocolate right now. Or a chocolate cake heated with whipped cream. Nom

Have a little to curb the craving. I don't know about you but when it's my TOM chocolate and salty things are my go to. Is it your TOM?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I would go nuts for a huge bar of chocolate right now. Or a chocolate cake heated with whipped cream. Nom

Have a little to curb the craving. I don't know about you but when it's my TOM chocolate and salty things are my go to. Is it your TOM?

Well, this is awkward....

• strong_curves
    edited September 2015
    Options

I wouldn't say it's bad since we don't know you and it isn't coming from a bad place. Like shadowfax says above, if we had a space where we could put our gender identity that could help.

Also, this really isn't the place for gender politic discussions. Now that we know you self identify as a man, you'll be addressed as such (well by people who recognize/remember you).
  • phillytoast
    Options

I wouldn't say it's bad since we don't know you and it isn't coming from a bad place. Like shadowfax says above, if we had a space where we could put our gender identity that could help.

Also, this really isn't the place for gender politic discussions. Now that we know you self identify as a man, you'll be addressed as such (well by people who recognize/remember you).

There is a place. You enter your gender when you sign up. I don't need a gender identity or permission to self identity. I was born a man and am a man. But besides add that anybody non cisgender is born one sex but always is then same gender by common definition. I think it is ridiculous that anything like this need even enter a post about chocolate.
    Might I just add that in the gay community we often referre to each other by feminine pronouns so that isn't the point as it doesn't bother me but that fact everyone just assumes and has a ' but makeup' ' but your picture looks more female than male'.
  • phillytoast
    Options
    ruytah1jzw9i.gif

Hell yes haha