Geeky Pals?

Options
1235»

Replies

• katj492
    katj492 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Although I'm not a fan of Dr Who, even though most people tend to see it as a definite requirement, I am a self professed geek. I love films and tv and I'm very much into my sci-fi and fantasy (with The Lord of the Rings trilogy being my favourite films of all time!!)

Feel free to add me, hoping to find lots of like-minded friends to make this lifestyle change an adventure.
  • Saeraphine
    Saeraphine Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I really need to have a Lord of the Rings re-viewing party. Not the extended versions though, lol.
  • azurekat
    azurekat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was a geek before there was even a term for it! How old does that make me? I was labeled weird, but I'm glad to see that now people like us are accepting of themselves instead of hiding! I still hide my geekness most time, am I to old to change? Friend me if you like. :p We could meet left of Andromeda, you take your Type40, I'll take the C-57D.
  • azurekat
    Options
    Saeraphine wrote: »
    Any other geeky pals out there? <3

You bear a stunning resemblance to Clara! You are too cool!
  • azurekat
    Options
    Artemiris wrote: »
    The last episode available on Netflix for me is "Death in Heaven".

Oh, sorry then, I considered the 8th the "new" season.

I loved DW until the 4th season, after that it was sometimes ok, most of the times "meh". I think Moffat is an excellent screenwriter (Coupling is one of my favorite sit-com), Capaldi a great actor, but after season 4 I never felt involved in the episodes.

Hey sorry to but in but I've been a whovian since Tom Baker, when I was a kid! Oh gosh I just love that guy! I also REALLY love the later episodes of William Hartnel! He was the absolute best crazy old guy! And as for Moffat! Hahaha, I'd like to boil him in oil! My daughter and I always say, if it's a Moffat episode, prepare to cry, your favorite character is going to die! That man has more blood on his hands!
  • Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    azurekat wrote: »

I loved DW until the 4th season, after that it was sometimes ok, most of the times "meh". I think Moffat is an excellent screenwriter (Coupling is one of my favorite sit-com), Capaldi a great actor, but after season 4 I never felt involved in the episodes.

Hey sorry to but in but I've been a whovian since Tom Baker, when I was a kid! Oh gosh I just love that guy! I also REALLY love the later episodes of William Hartnel! He was the absolute best crazy old guy! And as for Moffat! Hahaha, I'd like to boil him in oil! My daughter and I always say, if it's a Moffat episode, prepare to cry, your favorite character is going to die! That man has more blood on his hands!

Tom Baker was my Doctor too! Used to watch the re-runs on PBS when I was little. Caught up on almost all the old Doctors these last few years. Too bad so many of Troughton's episodes are missing thanks to the impeccable work of the BBC lol Pertwee was awesome as a James Bond-esque Doctor. Tennant is my favorite of the new Doctors. How can somebody not love him?
  • Saeraphine
    edited October 2015
    Options
    KptCirk wrote: »
    azurekat wrote: »

Tom Baker was my Doctor too! Used to watch the re-runs on PBS when I was little. Caught up on almost all the old Doctors these last few years. Too bad so many of Troughton's episodes are missing thanks to the impeccable work of the BBC lol Pertwee was awesome as a James Bond-esque Doctor. Tennant is my favorite of the new Doctors. How can somebody not love him?

The only answer I can think of is they're a Dalek.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I actually have decided that at my retirement (in, like, 15 years), I'm going to quote Hartnell:

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine"

Seems perfect for leaving a place that I will have worked at for over 30 years...
  • Saeraphine
    Options
    ҉*\( ‘ω’ )/*҉