Turbo Fire Challenge!!! Join Me

Options

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Fire 30 went much better today. Got the combinations down except for the last one and I think that was because I was getting tired by then. Fire 55 EZ tomorrow!!!
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Hello, I'm totally new here! I did my first day of TF yesterday. I'm following the prep schedule. Today I am so sore but will work through the stretch 40 today. I guess it's supposed to help. ;) I haven't weighed my self because it's TOM but I will have to soon. I will take measurements today. My only compliant so far is that my arches of my feel burn when I do the drills. My shoes are made for flat feet but probably need arch supports. Any recs for some low cost arch supports?? I'm excited to see everyone's progress and of course my own!!

Welcome!!! My arches have been killing me too. I don't know where you are at but Wal-Mart has a cheap arch support and if you can find it they also have the machine you step on and it tells you what kind of arch supports you need. They are a little pricey thought, around $50. I think I'm going to have to go to a speciality places that fits you for shoes.
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My only compliant so far is that my arches of my feel burn when I do the drills. My shoes are made for flat feet but probably need arch supports. Any recs for some low cost arch supports?? I'm excited to see everyone's progress and of course my own!!

Dr. Scholl's is supposed to have a new system of orthotics which are supposed to be good, so you might want to check them out.

Sami
  • jerzeediva
    jerzeediva Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry to join late but I am doing TurboFire and would love to have people to chat it about about it. I am wrapping up week 1 tonight due to a bad breakup with the boyfriend which threw off my schedule. Anyway would love to join your group if you could spare one more.

Welcome to my group and I hope you find the strength to work as hard as you can with us to get fit and healthy. We are here to support you and thanks for joining us:flowerforyou:
  • Irenexoxo
    Irenexoxo Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm doing Tone 30 tomorrow but I don't have the bands, I'm going to do it with weights. Hopefully that works out.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    i am a TJ lover and I have had great results with the program - haven't tried CE yet. TF looks fun and challenging and ....fun!!!
    I need some suggestions before I spend money on this - recently I've developed some kind of plantar facilitis (?) and when I do a whole bunch of jumping/plyo moves in my w/os I really pay for it the next morning and me left knee gives me issues at times ...
    is that going prevent me from doing this work out? i really need something fun to spark me. I quit smoking 4 mos ago and picked up 25 lbs and am so not where I used to be or where I want to be...
    Any suggestions welcome and thanks,
    Janet
  • darkmercury99
    darkmercury99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    i am a TJ lover and I have had great results with the program - haven't tried CE yet. TF looks fun and challenging and ....fun!!!
    I need some suggestions before I spend money on this - recently I've developed some kind of plantar facilitis (?) and when I do a whole bunch of jumping/plyo moves in my w/os I really pay for it the next morning and me left knee gives me issues at times ...
    is that going prevent me from doing this work out? i really need something fun to spark me. I quit smoking 4 mos ago and picked up 25 lbs and am so not where I used to be or where I want to be...
    Janet

HI! As with TJ, Chalene has someone demonstrating low impact versions of all the moves, so you don't actually have to do any jumping at all, even in the HIIT workouts. Also, speaking as someone who has had plantar fasciitis and knee issues, you may want to focus on some extra stretching (calves, hamstrings, quads, hips).
    BTW, congrats on quitting smoking!
  • turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Janet

Hey Janet!

I, too, suffer from plantar fasciitis. My left knee also has issues. I had to start out TurboJam for a month modifying and now I am able to do the air jacks and high knees for TurboFire without pain. I haven't experienced ANY foot pain, which is very different for me. I wear running shoes that I had fitted for me during my half marathon training. I have them until I can get my new shox next month. Occassionally I'll modify some jumping parts but overall, with a cushy exercise mat (I got my four-piece puzzle black exercise mat from Target for $20), I haven't had any pain or problems. I just get tired. :)
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Turbo Fire 55 EZ today...have to say I LOVED it! Still working on the whole how to keep my intensity up while learning the moves thing. I don't have time to watch the New to Class feature because I'm already getting up at 4:30 am to get the 55 minutes in.

Have a great "FIRED" up day!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    EZ 55 is my favorite ! It's a big burner and time flies by cause the music is sooooo good :happy:

Keep pushing ladies !
  • turboandrea
    Options
    Anyone else notice how much easier HIIT 20 is compared to HIIT 15??
  • jerzeediva
    jerzeediva Posts: 72
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

So this is Week 5 for me and I just love Turbo Fire. I had Fire 30 and Tone 30 last night and let me tell you. Her Tone 30 class is no joke. My arms were burning so bad I was screaming :sad: at the tv because it hurt but felt sooo good:explode: I know for a fact that I am loosing inches and weight. My goal for this week is to loose 1-2 pounds by Sunday. I am also doing p90x as a hybrid so I will be doing Ab ripper x today and bicep and back tomorrow since I worked out biceps,triceps and shoulders last night.

I hope all of you are doing well and please check out my youtube videos that I post everyweek to see how I am doing. You can find me by my user name JERZEECHIC...

It's gonna be hot here all weekend in VA so ya'll stay cool..and Keep Pushing!!:happy:
  • Irenexoxo
    Irenexoxo Posts: 4
    Options
    I just did Tone 30 with free weights instead of the bands and it was ok, I think I'd like the bands better. I saw some at Marshall's for under $10 so I'll be getting those. I'm doing 45 EZ tomorrow. How did everyone like that one?
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Today was Core 20 and Stretch 40. Did the COre 20 but added a HIIT 15 (little hot wing overindulgence last night) and some treadmill time. I plan on doing Stretch 40 when my son naps this evening. Love the Core 20 but couldn't do everything full range. I need a better band, mine isn't long enough so it made some of moves impossible. I'm really starting to love this program., I rocked HIIT 15 today..tomorrow Fire 45, can't wait!!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Boom! I got your boyfriend, I got your man! LOVE Fire 45 class. 573 calories scorched. I'm on Fiyah!! LOL
  • fatbegone2010
    Options
    First night & I managed to get through Fire 30 class, but it was tough & fun though...reminds me of Turbo Jam but with way more intensity, I think I'm gonna enjoy these classes. Burned 479 cals!!!
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Boom! I got your boyfriend, I got your man! LOVE Fire 45 class. 573 calories scorched. I'm on Fiyah!! LOL

That songs is awesome...it's stuck in my head now.

Week two off to a great start with Fire 45....HIIT 20 tomorrow...really like the HIIT workouts...crazy I know!!!
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Completed HIIT 25 this morning. I love the HIIT workouts. I am starting to improve each week on these workouts and burning up some calories. I completed Chalean Extreme over the weekend and am moving on to another phase.
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I have a confession...this weekend I totally bailed on my workouts due to not feeling 100% well and preparing for my vacation next week. I really see how one day off is killing my whole schedule. The only good thing is that this little break has made it so my travel day is my next rest day. Plus I am taking TF on vacation with me. I am trying to see the positive!

Anyway on tonight's menu is HIIT 15 & Sculpt 30, which I am looking forward to. Any suggestions or insight to the Sculpt 30? I have never done this one before.

BTW Scale must be broken because this morning it said I weighed 129.6 ( I checked like 7 times )which would mean a 10 pound lost...time to get a new scale.
  • turboandrea
    Options
    We have a vacation next week and I have NO idea how we're going to incorporate TurboFire workouts. It's a convention so that means traveling on the road Tuesday night through Monday evening. We'll be in a hotel room with others so it will be PACKED. I'm not sure where I'll be able to do the workouts, let alone when. :/ The upside is we ARE running a 5k the first day and trying to workout at least a little. Maybe I can call the hotel and ask for a space? I have a laptop I can run it on but it's just difficult, you know?

Thoughts? Suggestions?