My thing was fruity pebbles...yummy
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Was???? You can still enjoy the yum!!!
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love me some lucky charms!!! But...have you tried a little thing called cinnamon toast crunch?? OH MAN...and dare I toss out the ol...captain crunch????

DEEEElicious!
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    Oooh and I know you mean that with all those E's on your D!!!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite cereal of all time, beating all others, is Life. I don't know what it is about it, but I love to get me a big bowl and let it soak up all the milk until it's a cold oatmeal-like mush. I have no idea why.

I wonder what it would taste like with fruity pebbles mixed in? Hmm.
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    hmmmmm...you know what??? When people ask me if I do drugs...I tell them I get high on life...and they give me a weird look..and now I wonder if they think I am referring to the cereal????
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    My absolute favorite cereal of all time, beating all others, is Life. I don't know what it is about it, but I love to get me a big bowl and let it soak up all the milk until it's a cold oatmeal-like mush. I have no idea why.

I wonder what it would taste like with fruity pebbles mixed in? Hmm.

I love Life too, although I hate the texture when it gets too mushy. To me it's the right balance of sweet and cereal.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i buy it every year! LOL (have some in the kitchen now)

my problem is that i only eat bowl or two... yes, i consider that a problem ;)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Cereals actually are very good for gaining weight. They're high-cal and not very filling. They're truly excellent for putting on weight, if one needs to do that.

That's not to say that you can't eat a little and still lose weight! Of course you can. But if you ever know anyone who needs to gain, sugary breakfast cereals will help.

wtf kind of cereal are you eating? i eat cereal every morning, a 30g portion, and no matter what brand I get its a low calorie breakfast. Maybe like, granola, but good ol' corn flakes and stuff are pretty low cal.
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    Mmmmm I love corn flakes with cinnamon toast crunch on top ;)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Ingredients in Brach's candy corn: sugar, corn syrup, confectioner's sugar glaze, salt, dextrose, artificial flavor, gelatin, titanium dioxide color, yellow 6, yellow 5, red 3, blue 1, sesame oil.
    i would rather have 80% dark chocolate
    Why? Chocolate contains a slurry of chemicals too, including theobromine which can easily kill dogs.
    A partial list includes: caffeine, theobromine, phenylethyulamine, anandamide, phenols and phenol derivatives (pyrogallol, phloroglucinol, hydroquinone), favalanos (epicathechin, epigallocatechin)

Thanks a lot. Now I'm afraid of that dog poison called chocolate.
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    Preach on sister. ..Preach on indeeeeeed.
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    As I sit here in my hotel room destroying some Reese's Cups... How do we all feel about Reese's Puffs cereal? I personally try to eat all the chocolate balls first then the PB...
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Ronin_HFX wrote: »
    This has to be acceptable for consumption given the time of year and it's limited availability correct????? Also the same for Franken berry and count chocula????

Now if they still made "Fruit Brute" you could have all 4 of the monster cereals. Frankenberry is gone in my neck of the woods in Canada - only the Count and Boo left.

There was also Fruity Yummy Mummy in the late 1980s.

YummyMummy1989.jpg

My only memory of this cereal is from a party I went to in college where the only snack food was super sweet breakfast cereal. Not the best thing to consume when drinking.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    As long as everyone knows it's candy and should be logged as such, go for it.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    As long as everyone knows it's candy and should be logged as such, go for it.

How do you log candy? Is that a separate category of macro?
  • Ronin_HFX
    Ronin_HFX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Ronin_HFX wrote: »
    This has to be acceptable for consumption given the time of year and it's limited availability correct????? Also the same for Franken berry and count chocula????

Now if they still made "Fruit Brute" you could have all 4 of the monster cereals. Frankenberry is gone in my neck of the woods in Canada - only the Count and Boo left.

There was also Fruity Yummy Mummy in the late 1980s.

YummyMummy1989.jpg

My only memory of this cereal is from a party I went to in college where the only snack food was super sweet breakfast cereal. Not the best thing to consume when drinking.

Wow - I'm old and I don't ever remember seeing this lol - now I feel bad that I can't say I've tried them all =( Hmmm wonder if there's a really old box somewhere - not like it could be any worse for me now then it was then lol.
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    Ooooh look at ol boo berry making an appearance again today....
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Canada gets ripped off on cereals. Luckily, I live close to the border and we regularly make trips over for cereal. My husband was so excited when he found out we were getting Boo Berry here. We have bought 6 boxes so far this year. Between him and our daughter, they have finished nearly 4. I was a sheltered child though, and was only allowed cheerios, corn flakes, and raisin bran, so I never acquired the taste for them, and Pacman cereal when I spent the night at my grandparents.