I ate 3,000 calories today, and...

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    I like this post! Can someone tell me how to view your weekly intake? I had a binge last night and want to make sure I keep the rest of the week clean!
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    As I always say there is always tomorrow!:laugh:
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. Love this post! :flowerforyou:
  • theredwonder
    theredwonder Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just did the same thing! I was feeling bad until I read this.
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!!!!!!
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Always a great post!
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Old post but I love this!
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    bump for later.... I figured this out myself over the progress of 2 months and experimenting with food. Thanks for posting this. I love it.
  • marianb2001
    marianb2001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Old post - but so fitting for today. I totally pigged out yesterday - and Friday. Went to in-laws yesterday and had a southern style comfort food binge - followed up with B&J Triple Caramel Chunk. I wasn't pretty. Friday night went off the rails too. But I am not going to beat myself up. Nor am I going to starve myself today - i wll just be extra careful with the fats and sugars today. Veggies for me, and lots of water. Today is a new day - and yes - the scale is up two lbs, but hey i am not going to bmyself up as I had a wonderful time. I don't regret it in the grand scheme of things.
  • Frittycat
    Frittycat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with treating yourself now and then. I hope you enjoyed it. I try to eat healthy, but man do I love a bag of Cheetos and something sweet and homemade every now and again!
  • marianb2001
    marianb2001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It was sooo worth it.
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This post made my day! You're FABULOUS!!!!!!
  • VeganGypsie
    Options
    ha! found this post by searching Google for "ate my daily calorie goal worth of cookies", just to see if anyone else had ever done that. I admit I was feeling weird about it. I had 6 (yes, six) small, vegan, gluten free, chocolate-chip-pecan cookies. Despite how delicious they were, I thought how could that be too many calories? I'll end up slightly over, no biggie. Out of curiosity I asked my coworker for her recipe, and then put the recipe into MFP. Guess the secret ingredient is coconut oil. Joke's on me! But these were VICTORY cookies 'cuz she lost our side bet for fantasy football. I couldn't just NOT gorge on them, now could i? And the scale was down this morning, made me complacent. Will probably end up 800-1000 over for the day, but on track for the week. The main problem is I might not be hungry enough for my post-workout protein.
  • louievt
    Options
    i do this as well =D
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    horse-meme.jpg
    Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif
    261d1237578946t-super-funny-animated-gifs-chuck_norris.gif
    tumblr_lokd8j9IMC1qcz682o1_500.gif

Yes! Yes! Yes! ...... and for sure....all of this is forgotten in about less than 24 hours :sad:
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hail this thread.

I ended up eating an entire pizza instead of the three slices I had promised myself… It frustrated me immensely because a) the plan was for me to eat the rest of that for lunch during the week and b) I had just hit a major milestone and I have a history of relaxing and slipping up after a major achievement.

In a bout of inspiration, i decided to look for one of those 3,000 calorie threads I see around from time to time to find some reassurance… and i come across this! Thank you so much! One needs perspective sometimes. :smile:

Alright… the week is still not over, I can make up for those 800 calories over my limit. ^^
  • needconfidence
    needconfidence Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more with this post its all about the big picture it makes me sad when i see someone beat themselves up over 1 day you eat that ice cream and enjoy every bite :)
  • Milynne
    Milynne Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I so needed to see this post RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT! :) Funny how things work out like that.

Came to the support board not to cry, moan and groan about overeating (which I didn't do as bad as I would have a month ago), but to see if others have this love/hate relationship with food.

When I start a diet, I start to see food as the enemy. I don't have a healthy relationship with it. I don't see it as fuel, I see it as a plaything for my taste buds. And this is completely wrong of me.

One day didn't make me fat, one day won't break me. I am strong enough to say it's ok to have a bad day once in awhile. It's not ok to beat myself up over it and feel like I've failed.

This is more than just less food, lower calories, exercise til it hurts...this is my life and I can't live life being afraid of going out because I'll over eat. By golly I WILL have dessert today because it's OK to do so on occasion.

Now, someone pass me those oreos, darn it.