5lbs in 5 days.

Options
124»

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    mutatedpie wrote: »
    This is what I find really sad on here lately. No one can post a form without arguing because everyone needs to get the last word in. The question was answered, so why continue to give the poor girl forum notifications because of someone's need to be right?

Thank you . I just wanted to know if this is ok . I did the low carb diet before and I lost 2 stones in about 2 months and my weight loss was rapid . But I just wanted to know is it all water weight or a bit of fat too. At the start of the week I was 15 stone and I'm now 14st 7.5lbs

have you been in a calorie deficit? if yes, there is certainly some fat loss (3500 calorie=1 pound)
    Well MFP tells me to have 1780 calories and I only have about 1000 and sometimes a little less . But I am in school and walk around a lot and usually I do my 10000 steps .
    You should be eating closer to what MFP tells you. It is very hard to achieve proper nutrition at low levels of calories. In addition, it is much more difficult to maintain a very large deficit long term. Since you have mentioned doing this before (and I'm assuming failing since you're back), try to not be so aggressive, and maybe you will have a better chance maintaining a deficit.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    This is what I find really sad on here lately. No one can post a form without arguing because everyone needs to get the last word in. The question was answered, so why continue to give the poor girl forum notifications because of someone's need to be right?

Thank you . I just wanted to know if this is ok . I did the low carb diet before and I lost 2 stones in about 2 months and my weight loss was rapid . But I just wanted to know is it all water weight or a bit of fat too. At the start of the week I was 15 stone and I'm now 14st 7.5lbs

have you been in a calorie deficit? if yes, there is certainly some fat loss (3500 calorie=1 pound)

Well MFP tells me to have 1780 calories and I only have about 1000 and sometimes a little less . But I am in school and walk around a lot and usually I do my 10000 steps .

I would try to get your calories in at 1200 at least if not higher. That little means you're going to lose a lot of lean muscle mass, which you want to keep as much as you can in a deficit. Try eating more calorie dense food such as nuts or fruit if not being hungry is a problem. Eating that little can have negative consequences in the long term.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

I would try to get your calories in at 1200 at least if not higher. That little means you're going to lose a lot of lean muscle mass, which you want to keep as much as you can in a deficit. Try eating more calorie dense food such as nuts or fruit if not being hungry is a problem. Eating that little can have negative consequences in the long term.

higher, higher, also 1200 is way too little for her stats

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    gallon of water weighs 8.3lbs. do you think the girl lost half a gallon of water

Get real people. She's been working hard. Ease up. GOSH. Get it girl

My hero!

So what you're supporting is telling people anything they want to hear as long as it makes them feel good? You also don't care if your told misinformation to you spread it as long as it's supportive? How are you going to overcome with an attitude like that?

I think your grievance is for another thread. I'd rather stay the course.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

higher, higher, also 1200 is way too little for her stats

I completely agree. I guess I should've said that 1200 should be the bare minimum lowest. OP, at this point, try eating to MFPs requirements. It has the deficit built in already, and once again, if a lack of hunger is the issue, try working slowly up to a more sustainable number for the long term using calorie dense foods.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

The problem with eating under consistently, is your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs. You'll have muscle loss, (your heart is a muscle) and eventually hair loss....etc.