OCTOBER 2015 walking challenge

Options

Replies

• Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    16813 today; blackdawn & I are almost step twins! That's about 6.7 miles. Kinda boring stepwise: a 'lively' day in my ED sub class chasing miscreants around our school site, followed by a leisurely stroll to a downtown pizza joint for one of those school fundraiser 'dine & donate' nights, ending with the customary dog walk with my neighbor. Next week at this time I'll be getting to the airport for my trip to DC & my steps will get much more interesting...

Dear markburnett: I WANT YOUR BEAVER POND. give it to me. Now.

LOL Sounds like you had a fun day.
    I just had another work day, but had to make two fall displays.
    7th: 5.23 miles
    11,756 steps
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    All steps are good steps
  • markburnett70
    markburnett70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well 1.6 miles today, it was steep though :). The end of year rush is starting, we'll see how I do the rest of the week.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Got in 5.25 miles today. Darkness is falling much too quickly these days. I'll have to flip my schedule to do my workouts in the mornings rather than at night.

sw104rpxwiws.jpg
  • kuwick1230
    kuwick1230 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 6: 40 minutes walk/jog. Missed my 60 minute minimum, but amped it up by adding some jogging. My knees will be screaming at me tomorrow!
  • scolaris
    Options
    Love that picture...
    Got to accept that there will be lesser days @ this. Thats hard for me too!
    Great running kuwick! I have a planters fascia that yells at me if I run.
    Great job everybody! I've got one more walk to squeeze in...
  • mejaneucoconut
    mejaneucoconut Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to join the walking challenge. I'm new to this. I don't even know if I'm messaging correctly. I've been walking an hour and trying to increase pace and cal. burned, build strength and tone. I've always been heavy in my legs. I just read that walking or running is the best to slim down your legs.
  • scolaris
    Options
    Welcome... Just keep at it! Your body will slim where it wants but eventually you will end up slimmer everywhere! (My double chin is welcome to pack it's bags and leave yesterday! Hahaha!)
    Walked 16214 steps, about 7.3 miles. My normal special ed school day, errands, and the evening dog walk.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

October 1--6.52 miles
    October 2--6.06 miles
    October 3--5.78 miles
    October 4--4.31 miles
    October 5--4.71 miles
    October 6 --6.52 miles
    October 7--6.11 miles
    total for week one----40.01 miles

:) I carry my Omron pedometer with me all the time so this is all my walking for each day.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif I walk my dogs, so every day is a walking day for me.

t120006.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington where the mornings are getting very chilly

• mejaneucoconut
    mejaneucoconut Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I walked 60 min and 2.5 miles and burned 450 cal. I was reading though that I can't trust the cal. burned on the machine. Is that true?
  • scolaris
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I really don't know much about that. I usually get two different numbers between the Fitbit & MFP apps and I try to be conservative and leave a deficit between 250-500 according to the lowest estimate. And I'm losing faster than I thought since I got my new Aria scale. I thought I was going at 1 lb a week but now see it's closer to 2 lbs. That makes me think my starting weight was probably wrong too. Oh well!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I walked 60 min and 2.5 miles and burned 450 cal. I was reading though that I can't trust the cal. burned on the machine. Is that true?

Pick a measurement, scale (a way to measure) and stick with it. There is no one sure way to measure /weigh/calculate. Just pick one and stick with it. Give it a month and decide if it is doing what you want it to do. I use my Ipod. I think it works great.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Options
    8th: 8.04 miles
    15,503 steps
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Love that picture...
    Got to accept that there will be lesser days @ this. Thats hard for me too!
    Great running kuwick! I have a planters fascia that yells at me if I run.
    Great job everybody! I've got one more walk to squeeze in...

Equines Deformity in both my feet which causes my Plantar Fasciitis.
    Just invested in some cross training shoes with arched soles that supports my bones, wear my inserts, sports compression sleeves and they feel great.
    Lucky I enjoy walking anyway, cause when I told my podiatrist how many miles I walk from work then go home and walk some more. I wasn't told to rest. I get the guy that says, "Keep walking, I want to see how you're going to heal."
    Six months later, I'm back to working up to a hard and heavy walk, on a steep including walking fast.
    Which reminds me - 30 minutes. 3.5 MPH. 9 inch incline.
    He also told me I couldn't walk at an angle (high incline) anymore on my treadmill without pain. Feet haven't felt this good in years.
    I'm a walker and love walking.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

October 1--6.52 miles
    October 2--6.06 miles
    October 3--5.78 miles
    October 4--4.31 miles
    October 5--4.71 miles
    October 6 --6.52 miles
    October 7--6.11 miles

:) I carry my Omron pedometer with me all the time so this is all my walking for each day.

t120006.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington where the mornings are getting very chilly

Enjoy it while you can.
  • scolaris
    Options
    Wow! That's great info blackdawn. I did get supportive asics shoes & use super feet insoles. I will try the compression socks!
    12465 steps today, 5.3 miles
    Only half a day subbing, then cross country finals in the park with my 8th grader & the evening dog walk..
  • Austin198024
    Austin198024 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also use a manual pedometer. How to you enter the readings for each day effectively as mine does not show the actual workout time. So I try to show time from when I woke until I go to bed but the carloie reading is not correct
  • justrying2015
    justrying2015 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Sun 10 mi
    Mon 5 mi
    Tue 5 mi
    Wed 5 mi w/20lb weighted vest
    Thur Rest Day
    Fri 5mi
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I also use a manual pedometer. How to you enter the readings for each day effectively as mine does not show the actual workout time. So I try to show time from when I woke until I go to bed but the carloie reading is not correct

I don't use the calorie burn on my pedometer. I used a heart rate monitor for a year to get an idea of how many calories I burn on my workouts.
  • barbiecat
    Options

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

October 1--6.52 miles
    October 2--6.06 miles
    October 3--5.78 miles
    October 4--4.31 miles
    October 5--4.71 miles
    October 6 --6.52 miles
    October 7--6.11 miles
    October 8--6.95 miles

t120006.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington where the mornings are getting very chilly and damp