• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    cityruss wrote: »
    I'll let Dom explain.

https://youtu.be/qnjYyfkcaNI

Sums it all up nicely.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    I love crossfit but I totally think its funny when they make fun of it :P fun video lol
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Download Freeletics app, it is fantastic! You can do all the workouts for free but there is also an option to get a weekly training plan from a virtual coach and it is super cool! Makes me work hard and challenge my limit... Their workouts are like HIIT and burns a lot of calories! I don't go to the gym btw. All you need is a bit of space and a mat!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    tufel wrote: »
    So...........you're afraid to go near Crossfit because you'll get contaminated, or indoctrinated, or whatever, and you'll swear off bread?
    There are worse things.
    Paleo actually takes a lot of discipline.
    Far as I know, nowhere in the Crossfit Cult Rule Book does it say you "must" be paleo. As a matter of fact, there isn't one "must" in the Book. You do something if you can, and want, and you don't if you don't want.

It's not a matter of being 'afraid'. I won't go near Crossfit because I don't like the way they train and don't like the cult feeling of it. That's my opinion and personal preference, nothing more. I don't do Olympic lifting, powerlifting, yoga, Pilates or marathon training either, doesn't mean I'm afraid of them.

I'm not one of the critics who blindly condemns Crossfit without knowing anything about it - I've looked into it, talked to people who do it, seen the workouts ("WODs"), understand their reasoning for what they do - I just don't like it or agree with it. If I walked into my gym to start my workout (which I've designed for my specific purposes, goals and circumstances) and a bunch of guys said I had to do snatches, kip pullups and box jumps instead, I wouldn't stay in that gym either.

As far as Paleo taking discipline, sure it does - so do many other fad diets. Eating raw vegan takes even more discipline, but it's not something I have any interest in pursuing. The amount of discipline required to adhere to a diet doesn't correspond with the diet being proper, virtuous or scientifically sound. I think the principles behind Paleo are flawed and based upon pseudo- /junk science, and I don't believe in diets which arbitrarily exclude foods or entire food groups for no good reason. I prefer to eat in a way that's enjoyable and sustainable for me, and Paleo is neither.

Regardless of what the "Crossfit Cult Rule Book" says or doesn't say, all I know is my my own personal observations, which, as I said before, are that every single person I know who started Crossfit (somewhere in the two dozen range) also immediately went Paleo. Whether it's required or not, it's been my experience that the two seem to go hand in hand and there certainly seems to be some kind of pressure or indoctrination involved for the correlation to be that high.

So do you go into power lifting, Olympic lifting, pilates & marathon threads to bash those too?