Options
1234568»

Replies

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    ilfaith wrote: »
    I wear a size 6 shoe (occasionally 5.5). Best thing about that is that it is usually the display size, so it's easy to try on shoes without waiting for a sales associate to go to the stock room. Of course the disadvantage is sometimes the display model is the only 6 in stock and might be stretched out or scuffed.

Yep, walking around shoe stores trying on the sample sizes is the best part of being a size 6. Unfortunately more and more stores are using 7s as sample sizes now and no longer stocking 6s. *Sigh*
    And side some have mentioned bra size, I am a 30D...actually, I can wear a 28DD...but they are much harder to find. Even 30D is rare outside higher-end department stores and specialty shops. I can get away with some 32Cs in a pinch.

Same here. Exactly the same size. 28DD or 28DDD/28E would fit, in theory, but doesn't exist anywhere in Montreal. My specialty bra shop where I buy bras starts at 30, and only carries D and above. I'm wearing 30D right now, and if I lose any more weight and go to 30C I won't be able to shop there anymore. The department stores only start at 32.

Nobody told me that getting down to a healthy weight would be so frustrating. Bras were much easier to find when I was wearing 34s and 36s.

Try finding a 32E -- and they cost a fortune, especially sports bras with underwire! I could probably use a 30E, but it's like trying to find a unicorn.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »
    5ft 2 / 46 yrs/ maintaining 133lbs for 2 years now (am slim/fit at this weight)
    I'm a UK size 8-10 depending on brand/retailer.

I maintain on approx 2200 cals gross.

I workout 5 days a week / run / walk/ lift / yoga.

For me maintenance rocks :smile:

This is exactly where I want to be!!! (Sigh!). So close but so far away! (9 lbs) how much time do you work out daily??? I can't wait to reach maintenance!

I average 60-90 mins a day - I really enjoy working out though :smiley:
  • sla6ad
    sla6ad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5ft 2. 108lbs. Dress size Uk 6-8. Age 28. Ok now, but look and feel my best at 102-104lbs so looking to drop slightly. It's amazing how just a few lbs can make a massive difference! HW-128lbs

I work for the NHS so I think it is important to be healthy, and lead by example - ( I find it amusing patients always say thank you with chocolates!!!)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »
    I wear a size 6 shoe (occasionally 5.5). Best thing about that is that it is usually the display size, so it's easy to try on shoes without waiting for a sales associate to go to the stock room. Of course the disadvantage is sometimes the display model is the only 6 in stock and might be stretched out or scuffed.

Yep, walking around shoe stores trying on the sample sizes is the best part of being a size 6. Unfortunately more and more stores are using 7s as sample sizes now and no longer stocking 6s. *Sigh*
    And side some have mentioned bra size, I am a 30D...actually, I can wear a 28DD...but they are much harder to find. Even 30D is rare outside higher-end department stores and specialty shops. I can get away with some 32Cs in a pinch.

Same here. Exactly the same size. 28DD or 28DDD/28E would fit, in theory, but doesn't exist anywhere in Montreal. My specialty bra shop where I buy bras starts at 30, and only carries D and above. I'm wearing 30D right now, and if I lose any more weight and go to 30C I won't be able to shop there anymore. The department stores only start at 32.

Nobody told me that getting down to a healthy weight would be so frustrating. Bras were much easier to find when I was wearing 34s and 36s.

Try finding a 32E -- and they cost a fortune, especially sports bras with underwire! I could probably use a 30E, but it's like trying to find a unicorn.

Try Freya - I wear a 28F depending on time of the month and Freya carries lots of options for me (and even more in 30 and 32 bands!)
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    5'3" - generally around 118 to 120 pounds (lost 80 pounds six years ago and have kept it off since then). I've run long distance for 4 years now, so I maintain just fine at 2,000 to 2,300 calories (even 3,000 calories on long run days). If weight creeps up by even a few pounds, I immediately reduce to 1,500 to 1,600 calories to lose it. If I'm not running or working out I maintain at about 1,800 calories.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.5" & maintained for a couple years at 150. I re-gained last year, so I'm working my way back there. I was eating between 1400-1500 calories a day, with 1430 as my goal (I think that was the # MFP gave me). I'm set at sedentary so that any exercise I do is a bonus & I don't overeat if I don't exercise. I generally don't exercise. I just don't like it. My goal this year is to start strength training. I'm using my Christmas $$ & ordering a power rack, bench, & weights to set up at home to do SL 5x5. I just can never get over my gym anxiety.

I've set my goal to get back to 150. I was happy there. Sometimes I think about dropping to 140 because then I'd be in the "normal" bmi range. For the most part though, I'm more concerned with how I feel about myself than my bmi. I was 90-95 all through high school (eating like a horse, too) & when I look at pictures, I can see all my bones--even in my upper chest. I can't imagine going back down into the low 100's again. It would not be a great look for me, especially at my age. I don't buy petite clothes. My legs are long for my height, so regular length works just right generally. My torso is short, but my chest is large so I need the extra length in my shirts as well.

If you are looking for a small band bra, you should try Ewa Michalak: http://www.ewa-michalak.pl/ . She's a Polish bra maker & has a huge size range. I only wear her bras now. I can get modesty padding in my size, the girls have never been lifted up like they are now--I look much thinner, & she has different sizes & ages for models so I can get an idea of what the bra will look like on someone like me. It does take about a month to get them in the US though.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Just bumping up this link in case any petites in maintenance missed it: We have a pretty active group going in the groups area. Feel free to join us!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109137-petites-in-maintenance
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    trina1049 wrote: »

Try Freya - I wear a 28F depending on time of the month and Freya carries lots of options for me (and even more in 30 and 32 bands!)

Thanks, @peleroja. I actually own a Freya, great bras! I wish the UK sizes were readily available here in stores in the USA so that I didn't have to order online.