October 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    75 this month as I up-train for the LV RocknRoll 1/2 (which Ohhim will finish before my crib even starts!)

In for 170 as I made it through 150 in September, October has an extra day, and I'm starting to ramp up for the Disney marathon in January (and as alluded to above - the Vegas Half in November). Hoping for a deep Pirates playoff run this month - keeping me up north in the cooler weather.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Race day it'll be lower 50's (700AM) to mid 60's (by 11AM).. Perfect running weather.

For me, racing anywhere above 50 degrees still means shorts & light t-shirt with something I can throw off or give to a friend before the start to stay warm (if the corrals aren't tightly packed). If you get a chance to run in that weather before the race, you'll get an idea if that works with you and can adjust if necessary. Worst case, a long sleeve throwaway top over your t-shirt can provide some insurance.
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    I am going to push for 130 in October with the cooler weather! I have the USA Invitational Half at the end of November so my plan is to up my mileage now a little and then cut back in November leading to the half. Given my work and travel schedule I may be too optimistic but it isn't a challenge if we don't push ourselves right??

@melaniefave41, @melanien72 and @jtarmom - makes me wish my name was Melanie :) Don't meet too many other Shana's
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Since I'm still suffering knee pain following an ambitious long run earlier this week (stupid woman), I think I'm going to have to scale back my running distances so am in for 30 km this month.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    01/10 - 10.3km
    tot 10/500

very fast this morning, the miracle of sleeping a bit more, feeling very well now

another nice dawn, it really helps and motivates me

tomorrow tough 20km, then a bit of relax in the weekend, where my plans are run - eat - walk - sleep
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @patrikc333 Run,eat,walk, sleep is the recipe for a happy life.
  • jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    img]
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    10/1: 8 miles

Got another 6 on the schedule for my running group tonight. Good miles to start the month! But very cold and windy this morning... hope it's nicer this evening!

8/220

exercise.png
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 95 miles this month.

exercise.png

10/1--Workout B(Strong Curves) & walking
  • smithie092015
    smithie092015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    In for 80 this month!

10.1: 6 miles

exercise.png
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm going to aim for 65 miles this month.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 3.1 miles on the 'mill; plus 5.8 miles / 20 minutes on stationary bike.

exercise.png

@Elise4270 - I would go with shorts and the wicking / non-seam issue t-shirt. You may be a little chilly as you wait for the start, but after the first mile you'll be gold. Good luck and enjoy the run!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @patrikc333 Run,eat,walk, sleep is the recipe for a happy life.
    This must be on a t-shirt/running top somewhere?
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for October

10/1 6.6 miles - 6.6

exercise.png
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 this month.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    From the Sept thread:
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @juliet3455, I'm really jealous of your running area!
    So what is your Running area like?

@juliet3455, here's a collection of photos I've taken during my long runs. I like to make my long runs "destination runs". Rather than run around my neighborhood, I'll find a new route that has something to offer, be it the Fort Snelling/Pike Island trail, East & West River Parkways around the Mississippi River, or the "Grand Rounds" trail which takes me down a former rail line, two lakes, and a creek.

http://1drv.ms/1O5vIoU

I have a few routes in mind for later which will take me into more rural or wooded areas. Sunday I'm planning a long run along or near Lake Superior. Really looking forward to that!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    August: 66.23 of 75 miles
    September 79.3 of 92

October.... I'm going to aim I think for 50.

Total Half Training Mileage
    184.36 of total 225

The remainder of my training has me at 35 miles- so I figure I can round out the rest of the month with some casual running to get me to 50- that seems like a comfortable number :D
  • HealthBeautyBlissful
    HealthBeautyBlissful Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles.

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Race day it'll be lower 50's (700AM) to mid 60's (by 11AM).. Perfect running weather.

For me, racing anywhere above 50 degrees still means shorts & light t-shirt with something I can throw off or give to a friend before the start to stay warm (if the corrals aren't tightly packed). If you get a chance to run in that weather before the race, you'll get an idea if that works with you and can adjust if necessary. Worst case, a long sleeve throwaway top over your t-shirt can provide some insurance.

@elise4270 BTW I'm this neurotic almost every morning LOL but I'm more of a 10 degrees above dresser. This morning it was 62 and windy and I wore a short sleeved running shirt and shorts and was sweating when I got home, but the winds were chilly so I was glad to have short sleeves on. If it was a 5K I'd say go with the short sleeves and shorts, but for a HM I would learn more towards a tank and shorts and like Ohhim said I would wear a throwaway. I wore short sleeves and capris in my half in April and I was chilly at the start of the race but sorry at the end that I didn't wear shorts.