SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- OCTOBER 2015 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• koirakoira
    koirakoira Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I hope it is not too late to join? I so need this motivation, as I eat most of my daily calories after 4pm.
    My goal is not to snack after dinner. Will start on Oct 4th.
  • sufufitness
    sufufitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me:3
    LNS:0
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    October Goals I am leaving the element of choice in there as it seemed to help last month. The first week I looked forward to the first weekend, then, when it came I didn't really want to snack later. :grey_question: Go figure? Contrary Terri or what? :)

:star: Finish eating by 9pm, 5 days out of 7 days a week
    :star: Finish eating by 10pm, 2 days of my choice out of 7 days a week (I'm upping the element of choice here)
    :star: Post progress here (most important goal)

I'm going for a second month of LNS = 0

Me: 3
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 3...(40 overall)
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Need to join this! At goal and dint want lns to start the pounds creeping back on!
    Will start from today!!!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    koirakoira wrote: »
    I hope it is not too late to join? I so need this motivation, as I eat most of my daily calories after 4pm.
    fobs13 wrote: »
    Need to join this! At goal and dint want lns to start the pounds creeping back on!
    Will start from today!!!

Welcome! :)

Me: 3*
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    me:2*
    lns:1
    streak:1
  • sunshineformiles
    sunshineformiles Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me: 3
  • RWayne48
    RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
    LNS: 1

Excess apples and family over = pie - and a hot from the oven apple pie wins every time
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Me: 3* …
    LNS: 0 …
    Streak: 3 … (63 total: 8/2/15) …

Goals for WEEK:
    Water: Full gallon at least 5 of 7 days per week. … WIN (6/7) …
    Sleep: Seven hours at least 5 of 7 days per week. … WIN (5/7) …
    Walk: Walking 5 of 7 days per week. … LOSS (1/3) …
    LNS: Eat nothing after 9 p.m. 6 of 7 days per week. … WIN (7/7) …
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    judannbyy wrote: »
    me:1 hurraah--- i wanted to snack last night but the thought of this group stopped me! accountability helps!
    It's amazing how answering to a bunch of "strangers" would affect behavior, but you're so right. Accountability is so effective. (After 3 months with many of you, you count as friends, not strangers any more.
    koirakoira wrote: »
    fobs13 wrote: »
    Will start from today!!!
    Welcome!
    faithan84 wrote: »
    Me: 1*
    Streak: 1! I've got this!
    YES! Tell those impulses who's in charge! :smiley:
    October Goals I am leaving the element of choice in there as it seemed to help last month. The first week I looked forward to the first weekend, then, when it came I didn't really want to snack later. :grey_question: Go figure? Contrary Terri or what? :)

I'm going for a second month of LNS = 0
    Know yourself! Very smart! Love the strategy!

I'm seeing a lot of streaks begin. ONE is a great beginning! Don't focus (entirely) on the month. Just conquer TODAY. Attach tomorrow's impulses then. Keep it up!
  • egmontana
    egmontana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just signed up this morning so my counting will begin tonight. This is a huge problem for me. I am glad to see others with the same issues!
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    RWayne48 wrote: »

Excess apples and family over = pie - and a hot from the oven apple pie wins every time

Ahhhh! Now I want apple pie!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    Me: 4*
    Streak: 4...(41 overall) :)
  • 68myra
    Options

OOOOOH, i'm with you there! sneaky me would probably find a way to eat some BEFORE it would count as LNS ;)
  • 68myra
    Options
    egmontana wrote: »
    I just signed up this morning so my counting will begin tonight. This is a huge problem for me. I am glad to see others with the same issues!

WELCOME! it's a large, non-exclusive club........ but this thread is SUPPORTIVE :)
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Options
    68myra wrote: »

OOOOOH, i'm with you there! sneaky me would probably find a way to eat some BEFORE it would count as LNS ;)

Same here! Late night snack? Me? Nah! B)
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Options
    Might not make it tonight. Been waiting on my husband to order pizza....
    I did workout today, and got over 10,000 steps, and it is still below my calorie goal.
    But he waited to long. By the time I get it and finish it'll be about 8 o'clock. Normally like to be done and finished by 7.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 2
    Streak: 0

So I was super hungry yesterday after all day being around the temptations that got to me on Thursday.
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am in on this. This really tends to be a downfall for me.
    Goals: no snacks after 800 on weekdays and nothing after 900 on weekends. I tend to be a night owl and midnight if often my bedtime.
    Looking forward to the accountability of this challenge!!!
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Options
    delano1972 wrote: »
    I am in on this. This really tends to be a downfall for me.
    Goals: no snacks after 800 on weekdays and nothing after 900 on weekends. I tend to be a night owl and midnight if often my bedtime.
    Looking forward to the accountability of this challenge!!!

If you're under your calorie goal, go for that one small thing you would really want before your allocated time frame and eat it slow. Relax and enjoy it.