Imagine Having to Live With This

Options
13»

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    the mother made a big mistake that she will have to live with for ever. i had a 6 year old cousin tooken from the back yard while playing with a friend. it took the cops 10 years to find him and all that time he was locked up hes up for parole 2018. so yeah i know how devatating things like this feels. you don't know the mother maybe she was on welfer and the idea of new clothes got the best of her. but rember she has to live with the guilt.

if you don't trust me google punky gustavson and yes gustavson is my last name
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    How desperate would someone have to be for some Walmart-brand clothes to allow their child to go out of their sight with a perfect stranger?

Pretty desperate but some people truly are. Predators like that can be very winning and convincing and take you along step by step and in retrospect it sounds absurd but seems reasonable at the time. There is a reason why con men have made a living for centuries even though most of us know that such people exist. They are very god at what they do and we should not be so quick to judge.

I agree. Obviously it was stupid for the mother to let her child go anywhere alone with this man, but we have no idea what this woman's situation was. Maybe she was in such a bad situation that it was a relief to know that her child was going to get to eat that day. No doubt she should have stayed with the child, but let's not be so quick to judge. A lot of people truly are THAT trusting. It's sad that the world rewards trust with the murder of an innocent child.

There is NO excuse for what she did, period. She should get locked up with the murderer for neglecting her daughter like that. It's disgusting.
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The woman had 3 kids, the 8-year-old was the oldest. She says that she didn't let her go with him, but she was busy with the other kids and didn't realize that she was gone. That seems totally reasonable, BUT, the thing is that she definitely knew that she was in a dangerous situation. "He was creepy, so I wouldn't have let her go... I just didn't realize that she was gone."

The fact that she would willingly accept help from a random stranger who she felt was "creepy" and whom she wouldn't leave her daughter alone with is enough of a tragedy right there. As the adult in the situation, why wasn't she schooling her daughter on not going away with strangers? She was playing with fire, but unfortunately it was her daughter who paid the price.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    How desperate would someone have to be for some Walmart-brand clothes to allow their child to go out of their sight with a perfect stranger? Sorry for the little girl, but that mom is an idiot.

Was thinking the same thing. Total wingnut
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    There's a dead little girl; there's a family out there grieving her, and there are two younger siblings who are going to spend the rest of their lives figuring out how to exist in the world without their sister. In the scope of all that grief and tragedy, I just can't fathom why people feel the need to play the blame game.

Let it go. It wasn't your child, and it's not your tragedy. Have some kindness for your fellow travelers.
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The mother is a nut to let her daughter go with a total stranger!!

I was at a grocery store and my older daughter had to go to the restroom so I was heading there with my kids. This man came up to me and said he would watch my baby while I went into the restroom with my older one. Although it would have been easier for me. I don't know this man from the man in the moon and I would never let him watch her. That's how you end up with a news story.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Psychopaths are masters at manipulation. They are incredible at having the correct body language and can project themselves as awesome, genuine people to control and manipulate others. I'm sorry the mother was 'taken in' by the monster.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Sorry but my reactions to these kinds of things that involve children are usually off the deep end as far as extreme. Lead isn't the answer but my idea for "justice" would get me banned permanently.
    Kinda how I feel. I won't go into how i think he should die, but I think it's a shame we don't harvest the organs from scum like this and give them to more deserving people.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Oh Lord, more coming out on this story about the poor little girl's life. Her mother is (was?) an exotic dancer who conceived her during a one night stand, then went after the guy for child support three years later. They promptly got into a bitter custody battle, and the court evaluator wanted to award to the father but wasn't really thrilled with either parent, saying the mother had mental health issues that "lead her to make poor choices." Um, yeah, pretty ironic. The evaluator literally said she feared for the child if she was given to her mother, but a judge over-ruled that opinion. And we all know how that turned out. My heart bleeds for that poor child, and I hope she's at peace. Scary thing is, there's still more kids.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/22713098/police-fla-girl-8-was-victim-of-predator
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Awfully judgmental people in this thread. Given the limited information at hand I'm amazed the extent at which the majority of you would crucify this woman.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    There's a dead little girl; there's a family out there grieving her, and there are two younger siblings who are going to spend the rest of their lives figuring out how to exist in the world without their sister. In the scope of all that grief and tragedy, I just can't fathom why people feel the need to play the blame game.

Let it go. It wasn't your child, and it's not your tragedy. Have some kindness for your fellow travelers.

This.

The woman was a victim too - yes, she may have been either stupid, manipluated or both, but since when has stupidity been a crime punishable by the death of your children?

The guy well - thats a different story.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I was giving her the benefit of the doubt until I read the court evaluator's opinion. Although, to be fair, the judge was the one who screwed up by totally disregarding that and awarding custody to the mother. I don't know the extent of her mental health issues, but if it was readily apparent to the evaluator that she was prone to bad decisions and that it wasn't safe for the child to live with her, it was a failure of the system.