Television Shows You Wished Had Ended Differently

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Buffy was actually my favorite ending ever. It was nice that she no longer had to deal with the burden of saving the world by herself.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Buffy, the vampire Slayer
    And Angel!

I liked how Buffy ended--thought it was a great series finale.

I definitely agree with you on Angel, though.

Firefly just about killed me... :angry:

Anybody remember The Unusuals? Only ran for an aborted season in 2009, starring Jeremy Renner. Just...stopped one day with all the story lines incomplete. Boo! :mad:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    And Angel!

OMG how could I have forgotten about Buffy?! It went downhill after Angel left!

Yes!
    At the time, I wasn't watching the show Angel. So, when Buffy ended, I thought for so many years that Spike was dead!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    And Angel!

OMG how could I have forgotten about Buffy?! It went downhill after Angel left!

Yes!
    At the time, I wasn't watching the show Angel. So, when Buffy ended, I thought for so many years that Spike was dead!

I was so naive back then, I thought it ended when she died saving Dawn. Yeah. I. Know.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Buffy was actually my favorite ending ever. It was nice that she no longer had to deal with the burden of saving the world by herself.

i liked it too. i like how they gave that power to all the potential slayers. didnt like seeing Anya die though.

did any of you Buffy fans get to see the Once More with Feeling sing a long when it was on tour? it was held at local theaters where they'd show the episode...kind of like a Rocky Horror event....sadly the Powers That Be sued the guy in charge for copyright infringement. Too bad he didnt have Wolfram and Hart on his side. :D
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    Nope, didn't see it. Hadn't actually heard of it either.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Old: When it was in its first run, I thoroughly enjoyed "Sliders" and was totally pissed over the night/time changes and finally a network change. And the ending was an asinine cliffhanger. Now that more than a decade has passed and it's in syndication, I know realize how HORRIBLE the acting was on that show and now feeling that it should've been cancelled a season or two earlier.

Recent: I guess I'm the only one on here that enjoyed "The Event". Only lasted one season, major league cliffhanger, and a $#it-ton of dangling storylines. I "signed" several petitions to either get it back on NBC, or even moved to SyFy or another channel for a 2nd season to tie up loose ends. No dice. :sad: That scarred me so bad, I refused to watch "Revolution" for fear that they would do the same thing, especially since NBC put the hype machine on maximum just like with "The Event". Now that I know that "Revolution" has been renewed, I have to go back and watch the entire 1st season to catch up.

ETA: Also didn't like that they cancelled "No Ordinary Family" after its 1st season, too.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Nope, didn't see it. Hadn't actually heard of it either.

found a clip of it on youtube. it was a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b56KQrgm_Bo
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    Wow. Loved when she revealed what she'd been through. Sadly, can't say I enjoyed her singing. Now...Anya....she could sing!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    family matters
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts but The Hills. I was annoyed for a really long time after that.
  • woundedbydust
    Options
    And Angel!

I loved the last episode of Angel (wasn't a fan of a lot of things leading up to it mind you) but I definitely agree on Buffy. I didn't like that Spike kinda saved the day in the end. Buffy never needed a champion.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    am queen of the cancelled shows....any time I fall in love with a show, they cancel it the week after...no joke...

I loved The Finder. Touch. Alcatraz. Heroes. Pretty sure those last 3 are JJ Abrams shows too. Love those supernatural kind of shows.

I used to watch Quantum leap as a kid and loved it...until I saw the last episode....could never watch another episode...same with Roseanne...when you know how it ends...what is the point...
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Firefly... Watching Serenity killed me. </3

This! I don't think it would've been canceled if fox had aired it properly, in the right order and at the same time consistently. That show was so good.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Quantum Leap - ya couldn't just let Sam get home, now could ya? :mad:

That was the first thought that came to my mind when I saw the thread title.
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    am queen of the cancelled shows....any time I fall in love with a show, they cancel it the week after...no joke...

I loved The Finder. Touch. Alcatraz. Heroes. Pretty sure those last 3 are JJ Abrams shows too. Love those supernatural kind of shows.

I used to watch Quantum leap as a kid and loved it...until I saw the last episode....could never watch another episode...same with Roseanne...when you know how it ends...what is the point...

I've had a similar experience with musical groups.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    This last season of Downton Abbey. Kill off ALL of my fave characters, why don't you? This isn't Game of Thrones for pete's sake!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Ghost Whisperer.
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Las Vegas. What the heck ever happened with their baby!?!?!?!?!
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Quantum Leap - ya couldn't just let Sam get home, now could ya? :mad:

Agreed! That last episode was a complete waste!