Options
1235»

Replies

• sinbad714
    sinbad714 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    sinbad714 wrote: »
    There are body builders that suggest that increasing protein intake 40% ,lowering fat to 20% and carbs to 40% will allow muscle gain with a calorie deficit.
    Just because bodybuilders suggest it, doesnt mean its true.

Worth a try. I'm doing it and let you know how it turns out.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I would work on improving your measuring, as mentioned above, before you reduce your caloric intake below 1600. I'm 5'11" 151 aiming for 145 and I am losing on 1800. The weight loss is very slow, but it's definitely possible if you measure accurately.
  • fancyqltrmom
    fancyqltrmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have you been drinking enough water? Your body may be running a bit low on fluids and so will hold on to the extra weight. The water will flush your system and help to lose those last few pounds. good luck!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    So much derp, so little science. :cry:
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    tschenk99 wrote: »
    I've been tracking my meal on mfp for 60 days and am yet to lose 1lb. I've tried eating as low as 1200 calories but was too hungry. My trainer says I should eat between 1600 - 1800. I work out, a lot. Weights and cardio. I'm 5'8 153lbs trying to get to 145. I've been on a plateau for almost a year. Please help!

This could be me exactly! Same height weight. Same goal. I also work out a lot. A few hours per day. I haven't lost anything in 3 weeks of logging. This week I've tried cutting my calories another 100-200 per day and staying at my goal for calories regardless of whether or not I am showing like 2,000 burned from exercise. I also switched my macros to 40/40/20 to try to keep my protein up and retain my muscle. Oh yeah, and less eyeballing potions. Good luck!

• MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    When I started, I wasn't losing. I really did cut just 200 off, and voila.......the weight started dropping fast. Who cares why. I just had found my groove. I've stuck to that, and met my weight loss goal now for 7 weeks straight.

Just find your groove.