Cold

Options
Ok this is the thing I am so cold all the time. Every time I try to lose weight I just freeze. I hate being cold. I am sitting in my office wearing a coat and I have a space heater on right now and I am freezing Also here's another weird thing when I eat a salad I get so cold it is miserable and it takes me a long time to get warm. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just a total freak?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Being cold can be a symptom of being underweight or nutrient imbalances.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Eating more will help. You will be more comfortable with a little more body fat. There's no reason to stick to cold salads. Baked or roasted root vegetables this time of year are nice.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Do you see other people sitting in their offices wearing coats and using a space heater?
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    I am not underweight I wish. I actually like salad I add chicken to it and I really enjoy it except the freezing cold part. It's like bone freezing cold and even if the salad isn't that cold it still happens. I also get really really cold after I work out and cool down. Like even a hot shower does not warm me up. It is miserable
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should talk to your doctor about it. That doesn't sound remotely normal.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Maybe you should talk to your doctor about it. That doesn't sound remotely normal.

Thanks
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I now wear vests
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    100% normal. salad is also mostly water
    in rare cases, it could be an iron or b-12 deficiency, do you take a daily multi-vitamin?

Yes I take a multivitamin daily
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Do you see other people sitting in their offices wearing coats and using a space heater?

No they all make fun of me.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm a 21 BMI. I'm constantly cold (same coat and space heater at work while everyone else is plenty warm). Actually every day I struggle with my pants fitting and being warmer. I know the only way to be warmer is to gain weight. I've been told that it is completely normal. But I hate it. But I also like being thinner. Constant struggle.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Oh I take Flintstone gummies but I was pretty sure I got the ones with added iron.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options

This ^^

You might encourage the Dr to send you for bloodwork to check things like your blood sugar levels, thyroid and vitamin/mineral levels.

Also, how's your hydration? Are you drinking several glasses of water a day?

And sleep ... are you getting enough sleep?

• desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    MOVE TO HOUSTON!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options

No they all make fun of me.

See your doctor and get your thyroid function checked. An interactive thyroid will both make you feel cold and make it harder to lose weight. (It also makes your hair fall out.) Once regulated, losing weight is no harder than for anyone else and you won't feel cold unless it's actually cold.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    It sounds sort-of normal for someone going through menopause. I know that my internal thermostat went haywire and for the longest time had two settings: boiling hot or freezing cold.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    I actually had a complete blood work up done in March everything was fine except vitamin D but that was low normal. Today I am really really cold and yesterday I ate more than normal. Sleep? Not so much last night but most nights I get 7 hours. I like to sleep and I have 3 blankets on my bed so it is toasty.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    It is normal.

Food is your body's fuel. You are restricting the fuel.

Liken it to putting less wood on a fire, you will have a smaller fire.

In reality your body reacts to less fuel by trying to more efficiently use the fuel it has. Feeling cold and having less energy is normal when restricting calories.