i DO NOT see iron on the label !
    http://labeling.bayercare.com/omr/online/flintstones-gummies.pdf
    steer clear of gummies - no or few minerals
    plus, you are adding 6 grams of sugar to your diet for no reason

But they are so yummy! Ok I will go buy some other kind
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Being cold during/after weight loss is pretty normal. Check out any of the "what no one tells you about weight loss"" or "unexpected results of weight loss" threads that are in the success stories forum. People say this all the time.

I'm always cold. I was before, but it's worse now. I have less insulation to keep me warm. I have a space heater in my office too. Some people just run cold.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    This has happened for as long as I can remember. Even in the summer I will never leave home without a sweatshirt. I admit in my teens and early 20s it could have been that I was to skinny but not now.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    It sounds sort-of normal for someone going through menopause. I know that my internal thermostat went haywire and for the longest time had two settings: boiling hot or freezing cold.

Really? Boiling hot? I am never hot
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    This has happened for as long as I can remember. Even in the summer I will never leave home without a sweatshirt. I admit in my teens and early 20s it could have been that I was to skinny but not now.

I've always been obese and have always been cold. Its worse now that I've lost 60lbs. I'm still overweight, so its not that I'm underweight.

Some people just run cold. Unless this is a brand new symptom (doesn't sound like it is), I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    It sounds sort-of normal for someone going through menopause. I know that my internal thermostat went haywire and for the longest time had two settings: boiling hot or freezing cold.

Really? Boiling hot? I am never hot

Yes, definitely both extremes. It's evened out a bit, but if I drink a frozen protein shake I have to either (a) go sit in the hot sun or (b) wrap in a blanket. And, yes, my family makes fun of me, too.

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    flinstone gummies:
    i DO NOT see iron on the label !
    http://labeling.bayercare.com/omr/online/flintstones-gummies.pdf
    steer clear of gummies - no or few minerals
    plus, you are adding 6 grams of sugar to your diet for no reason

But they are so yummy! Ok I will go buy some other kind

Children's vitamins are low in iron because children don't need as much & can actually be poisoned/killed from overdosing. Only take adult vitamins, you also might have to take an extra iron supplement.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Not new glad I am not the only one just some days really stink.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    desweds wrote: »
    MOVE TO HOUSTON!

This only works if you never step foot in a building. Most air conditioned city in the world (at least I believe we still hold that title). I work in a state institution where there are always budget cuts and hiring freezes, but apparently it's never occurred to anyone to not set the thermostat to 65 degrees. I keep a sweater at work; several of my coworkers keep heaters under their desks.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Jacket?
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Jacket?

What?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm cold all the time. Mine is due to living conditions (Newfoundland lack of warm humidity vs Iowa with heat index) and circulation problems. If you're really concerned it's serious, go to a doctor. All I've been told is to dress warmer, so it's thermal socks in July.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Jacket?

What?

Maybe add some carbohydrates to your diet.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I actually had a complete blood work up done in March everything was fine except vitamin D but that was low normal. Today I am really really cold and yesterday I ate more than normal. Sleep? Not so much last night but most nights I get 7 hours. I like to sleep and I have 3 blankets on my bed so it is toasty.

I had the exact same test results, all normal except vitamin D, and I'm freezing cold all of the time. Anything under around 80 degrees and I need a hoodie. I'm also sitting at work wearing a coat with a space heater on. I've been this way for as long as I remember, and my doctor says I'm healthy and my blood work always comes back good. I guess I just have to deal with it!
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Jacket?

What?

Maybe add some carbohydrates to your diet.

No I like low carb and it makes no difference
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    I actually had a complete blood work up done in March everything was fine except vitamin D but that was low normal. Today I am really really cold and yesterday I ate more than normal. Sleep? Not so much last night but most nights I get 7 hours. I like to sleep and I have 3 blankets on my bed so it is toasty.

I had the exact same test results, all normal except vitamin D, and I'm freezing cold all of the time. Anything under around 80 degrees and I need a hoodie. I'm also sitting at work wearing a coat with a space heater on. I've been this way for as long as I remember, and my doctor says I'm healthy and my blood work always comes back good. I guess I just have to deal with it!

I guess I will just have to deal but it's good to know I am not alone.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I guess I will just have to deal but it's good to know I am not alone.

It could be a sign of a health issue, but if you've been checked out and everything comes back normal, that might be the case. I went to the doctor specifically for this issue (it's that bad!) and he came back with nothing.

• superhockeymom
    Options
    I am dreading winter. I am going to buy a hot tub set it to 104 and hope to be able to warm up in that
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    I have an electric blanket that I use when I'm on the couch. It's a lifesaver.
  • superhockeymom
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have an electric blanket that I use when I'm on the couch. It's a lifesaver.

I have one as well. Love it. Maybe I will get one for work