Cold

Options

Replies

• suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Because my main meal is in the evening I am usually cold during the day, then after I have had my well balanced, satisfying dinner I warm up. I think this is normal.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Yeah, other people have given explanations, they just don't seem to fit your circumstances.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Your ambitions only a few months ago, even though you are well within a healthy BMI, is to lose more weight because you like the lean look. Lean and underweight means it's tougher for you to stay warm. Carbs would help. A little more salt might help, too. You may also have low blood pressure.

Actually I still have weight to lose I am not lean or underweight. I just gave up the carbs a week ago because it is what works for me to keep my hunger in check pretty weird given where I was coming from but yes I was at the point where I was hungry all the time. My blood pressure is fine so that is not it. I guess I can add it to my list of quirks. Makes me different.

You have unilaterally rejected everything anyone has offered. I don't understand the reason for your post. It seems like you want to cling to this idea that you're different, or (in your own words) a freak. What's the point of that??

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Since you say you've been checked out by the doctor and everything came back normal, then it sounds like you're just one of those people who feel cold more.

I'm the opposite. I get really, really tired and dizzy and lethargic and uncomfortable in the heat -- even non-extreme heat. I hate the beach. I hate hot weather vacations. I'd prefer to be on the ski hill than on the beach.
    Since losing 50lbs I feel the cold a bit more than I did before, but I'm still pretty comfortable at cold temperatures. But don't get me into any kind of heat or humidity; I can't take it.

I think some people just have different micro-climates. We are all fairly comfortable at room temperature (though some studies indicate that men prefer a room temperature that's a few degrees colder than women; since in corporate America we still have a huge gender gap in the workplace, most workplaces have a thermostat controlled by men and a bunch of women wearing sweaters). But some of us prefer hotter temperatures than others.

Rule out medical issues first. Once you've done that, add some layers or turn up the heat.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Your ambitions only a few months ago, even though you are well within a healthy BMI, is to lose more weight because you like the lean look. Lean and underweight means it's tougher for you to stay warm. Carbs would help. A little more salt might help, too. You may also have low blood pressure.

Actually I still have weight to lose I am not lean or underweight. I just gave up the carbs a week ago because it is what works for me to keep my hunger in check pretty weird given where I was coming from but yes I was at the point where I was hungry all the time. My blood pressure is fine so that is not it. I guess I can add it to my list of quirks. Makes me different.

You have unilaterally rejected everything anyone has offered. I don't understand the reason for your post. It seems like you want to cling to this idea that you're different, or (in your own words) a freak. What's the point of that??

Not sure where you get that idea! The comments to get my blood work done I simply say that I have all is good. I can't make up low blood pressure or menopause, being underweight or low BMI so I'm not going to agree there. Actually there are many who have commented that sound just like me yet they also have no answers

So to all the cold people out there stay warm have some soup, tea or coffee put on your sweaters and stay warm
  • superhockeymom
    Options

I knew there had to be a man to blame!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

Not sure where you get that idea! The comments to get my blood work done I simply say that I have all is good. I can't make up low blood pressure or menopause, being underweight or low BMI so I'm not going to agree there. Actually there are many who have commented that sound just like me yet they also have no answers

So to all the cold people out there stay warm have some soup, tea or coffee put on your sweaters and stay warm

What are you wearing for shoes? After I bought Sorel Manawans, my heating bill went down $50 per month. Not saying you can wear these to work, but maybe some office-friendly insulated boots.

933505-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

Cover up that cleavage, cold ladies!

@superhockeymom - do you wear scarves?
  • segacs
    Options
    Also, see if your office will let you have a space heater at your desk. There are several women in my office who have little electric space heaters at their cubicles. (Some places won't allow them 'cause, if they malfunction, there's an outside chance they could be a fire hazard. But most will be just fine with it if you ask. Some might even spring for them.)
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am the same way!! I'm 5'3' and started at 160lbs. As I started to lose weight I started to freeze all the time. I would have the heater on in the house even while it was 80 degrees outside. I used to only sleep in my undies and a tank top with just the comforter on the bed. Now I wear pants, socks, long sleeve shirt, and I put extra blankets on. My bmi was a 26 and now it is down to 24. I'm currently at 138lbs and I still have 8 pounds to lose. But honestly I'm sitting at my desk right now with a space heater warming my legs. Not sure what's going on lol so I understand how you feel!!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    For me, being unusually cold indicates I'm not eating enough. I make an effort to eat more fat for a day or two and I'm back to normal.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

What are you wearing for shoes? After I bought Sorel Manawans, my heating bill went down $50 per month. Not saying you can wear these to work, but maybe some office-friendly insulated boots.

933505-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Those look comfy.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Also, see if your office will let you have a space heater at your desk. There are several women in my office who have little electric space heaters at their cubicles. (Some places won't allow them 'cause, if they malfunction, there's an outside chance they could be a fire hazard. But most will be just fine with it if you ask. Some might even spring for them.)

I do have a space heater it really helps.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Being menopausal, on the low end of optimal blood pressure, and post-bariatric, I do get cold. And hot. And cold. I dress in layers, have my merino wool sweater and gloves (yes, gloves!) at work, and my electric blanket at home. I don't let myself get too hot or too cold.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Cover up that cleavage, cold ladies!

@superhockeymom - do you wear scarves?

I really do not love scarves unless I am in the cold hockey rink.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    I'm not sure who mentioned it but since it is not everyday that I'm bone chilling cold most days just regular cold. Days like today I feel cold right down to my bones I also slept not that great. Woke up at 3:30 with stomach pains ( thank you chili) and then had to be up at 4:30 anyway. So maybe it is a lack of sleep thing. I'm going to start using the Fitbit sleep thing and then put notes on my wicked cold days to see if it lines up.

Thank you I knew something positive could come out of this
  • segacs
    Options
    I'm not sure who mentioned it but since it is not everyday that I'm bone chilling cold most days just regular cold. Days like today I feel cold right down to my bones I also slept not that great. Woke up at 3:30 with stomach pains ( thank you chili) and then had to be up at 4:30 anyway. So maybe it is a lack of sleep thing. I'm going to start using the Fitbit sleep thing and then put notes on my wicked cold days to see if it lines up.

Yes, lack of sleep can most certainly do that to you. You might also be coming down with a cold or flu, so keep an eye on your health.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Yes, lack of sleep can most certainly do that to you. You might also be coming down with a cold or flu, so keep an eye on your health.[/

I think the sleep thing could be it but the solution is the hard part.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If it's been going on for at least eighteen years and the doctor brings nothing to the table, I'm wondering what, exactly, you're looking for here. Just to know if other people are cold a lot, too?

Pretty much and I have found its not as weird as I thought. And no one on here has been given any explanation from there doctors either.

I did - circulation problems. There's nothing to be done about it unless my veins are surgically removed and replaced with correctly working ones. If I move back to Iowa or anywhere further south, my coldness will go away.

You know what works to keep you warm. You know others have similar cold problems.