Healthy low calorie breakfast

What do you eat for breakfast? I am looking for healthy low calorie ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I listed a bunch this morning.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10264749/breakfast#latest

As long as you measure out the portions, pretty well anything goes.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Filling foods have protein, fat and fiber.

Low calorie = lots of water, and fiber. Veggies. Some people will stay full on fat free fiber (not me). A salad with zero calorie dressing might work for you. Add some grilled chicken for protein.

Instead of a "low calorie" focus, I try to focus on getting the most bang for my calories. Greek yogurt is high protein, but I look for lower sugar. Then I add some high fiber cereal and a few chopped nuts. Nuts are calorie dense, but dietary fat is so important for bodily function. You could start with plain Greek yogurt and add raspberries....both high fiber & low calorie.

Eggs / egg whites with veggies. You can bake this in a casserole and put on a low carb tortilla. Cheese would be optional.

Cottage cheese and raspberries.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Oatmeal. Every work day. Easy-peasy and keeps me full. I'm not really a breakfast person though, so I'm sure this wouldn't work for everyone.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Amen on the protein. I cycle between veggie-filled omelets (no cheese) and multigrain hot cereal with either fruit or veggies added. Lots of protein either way. I avoid toast and pancakes and other carb-heavy breakfast foods because they don't stick with me, and so they're not worth the calories IMHO.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    My breakfast almost every day is from Dunkin Donuts: bacon, egg, and cheese wake-up wrap (180 cal) and a large hot black coffee. Gets me through the morning until lunch 6 hours later...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Fruit, mostly. Sometimes cereal, but that's so not low-cal.
  • masonsmomma
    masonsmomma Posts: 184 Member
    Veggie scramble. I use a combination of whole egg plus egg whites, mushrooms, onion, spinach, a little bit of cheese, and I dice a bit of a raw tomato on top. Low calorie and fills me up till lunch time :)
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    I like to line a muffin tin with sliced ham then add avocado and crack on egg on top. Bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes. Delicious and easy!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    oatmeal with diced fruit, plain yogurt with fruit and fiberone or lowfat granola, eggs omlette or scrambled with lots of veggie and sarah lee low calorie breads, delicious
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Egg whites and Canadian bacon and cheese for low carb, no sugar breakfast and LOTS of protein.
  • Lana1123
    Lana1123 Posts: 1 Member
    A toasted high fiber English muffin with 2 hard boiled eggs sliced on top sprinkled with salt and pepper. I've eaten this every work day for breakfast for pretty much the last year. On the weekends I change it up and put mashed avocado and fried eggs on top of an English muffin.
  • militarygirl92
    militarygirl92 Posts: 18 Member
    My breakfast almost every day is from Dunkin Donuts: bacon, egg, and cheese wake-up wrap (180 cal) and a large hot black coffee. Gets me through the morning until lunch 6 hours later...

This sounds amazing
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Protein powder. In my coffee. I can't be bothered with extra calories in the a.m. when I'm in a deficit or maintenance even. Protein is a must though.
  • camground2
    camground2 Posts: 41 Member
    Lana1123 wrote: »
    A toasted high fiber English muffin with 2 hard boiled eggs sliced on top sprinkled with salt and pepper. I've eaten this every work day for breakfast for pretty much the last year. On the weekends I change it up and put mashed avocado and fried eggs on top of an English muffin.

Me too! Almost like a religion. Best ever. But I fry eggs over easy
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I tend to rely on something like a bullet proof coffee. Coffee with a tsp coconut oil, coconut cream or whipping cream, and a scoop of protein powder. It is usually between 180 and 300 calories depending on the amount of oil or cream used.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member

Yes, take advice from the guy that doesn't make breakfast. Lol

I jest. Society is funny.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I tend to rely on something like a bullet proof coffee. Coffee with a tsp coconut oil, coconut cream or whipping cream, and a scoop of protein powder. It is usually between 180 and 300 calories depending on the amount of oil or cream used.

Whey protein in coffee? That's a new one...how does heat affect the whey, and what is the consistency of the finished product?

I might try that.
  • texascarl1
    texascarl1 Posts: 7 Member
    1 packet instant oatmeal (any flavor you like really) + spoonful of chia seed, spoonful of oat bran, spoonful of ground flax (grind every few days - it'll go rancid if you try to grind up several cups). Spoonful of dried fruit if your bloodsugar allows it (raisins, craisins) + boiling water (more than you might think). Stirabout, let it sit for 3 minutes and enjoy. You can add a bit of coconut oil if you like more fat. I keep all the 'add ins' like chia, bran, etc...in jars on the countertop, when I'm making this I don't want to have to think or search for ingredients. What's handy goes in the bowl.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Oats and protein.

At home this means hot oatmeal with protein powder and fruit.
    At work it's a shake in a blender with oats, protein powder and ice.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Lots of great ideas! Thank you!