I've never seen a persons daily meal include junk food.

Options
15678911»

Replies

• bluechillisauce
    bluechillisauce Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've just started using MFP again after about 4 years, I always have a Friday feast as I call it. End of the working week, tired and irritated so Friday night after dinner is when I have something sweet and indulgent. It's always planned for, I usually keep a few calories spare during the week to stock up for Friday. It works for me.
  • livelovebbg
    livelovebbg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I make things like protein fluff, or if I want oreos, instead of eating 6 I'll crush up ONE in greek yogurt. I read a lot of labels in the grocery store and look for gems. I found some very thin sugar cookies that have 160 calories for 10, I usually add 3 to some zoats (oats bulked with zucchini) or a little ice cream/frozen yogurt. Today I added them to some canned pumpkin with Walden Farms zero calorie pancake syrup.

A good example...tonight I had popcorn pre-logged to my dessert. I noticed my fat intake was low so instead I went to the store and bought pork rinds, which I love. I replaced the popcorn with something fried and it actually helped me hit my goals.

Crushing up an oreo in greek yogurt is GENIUS. Thank you for that :)
  • yanjinbro
    yanjinbro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many people claim that they eat whatever they want, as long as they stay within their calorie limit, but I've never actually seen a sample diet that included junk food, i.e, cookies, chips, etc. Do any of you guys diaries include junk? The reason I'm asking, is because I find it really hard to stay on a diet that doesn't include at least some of the foods I love. I become grumpy, and just kinda depressed in a way, because junk food makes me feel good, if only for a little while. I would just love to know that I'm not the only one that thinks like this. I cannot manage, however, to just eat junk in moderation, without totally binge eating on the stuff. Do any of you have a way to incorporate sweets into your diet, without ending up on a binge? What's your secret, so to speak?

I do eat some junk food sometimes, don't push yourself to hard, otherwise once you go crazy for the food it gets much much worse, trust me. As long as it's under your calorie limit, it is not that bad, however it really depends on the portion. Your body is like a sponge, once it gets enough water(essential ingredients, healthy food and such like) soaked in, the ability of absorbing other stuff is much much lower that normal, which means if you eat 80-90% healthy diet, the rest of it can be quite flexible, not sure if I make sense?
  • sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to a bag of crisps and a crunchie bar most evenings, its my treat and helps me feel im not missing out. Eat what you want as long as your eating a calorie deficit you will still lose.
  • katie_moreau
    katie_moreau Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. Although, when I started my fitness pal in August I went the first month or so staying away from things like poutine, chips, cookies and beer. But once I realized what a balanced day of good eating looked like (nutrients and portion sizes) I started adding those "junk foods" in. And now, I literally eat whatever I want as long as it fits in my calories allotted for the day. I eat fries, chips and cookies whenever I want. You just need to be mindful.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    There's plenty of junk in my dairy, you're welcome to peep if you like. As far as not binging, planning is key. Portion out what you're going to have, put the rest away. Or just buy single portions.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I punch in snickers bars before bike rides

Junk, is a funny term. I only call empty sugar calories junk for me since I get no nutrients

A snickers is about like many expensive protein bars, it just tastes better!

Doughnuts are junk to me so I don't eat them

But I also may ride 50 miles and have a full slab of ribs for dinner

This desire to be perfect is bs to me personally.

I need to eat a variety of foods. Just gotta keep a calorie deficit thru diet and exercise