I've never seen a persons daily meal include junk food.

Options

Replies

• superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary. Most junk is stuck in snacks. And beer/ wine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm back on. You guys are the best. It's good to know that so many of you still eat delicious foods, and still lose weight. I would hate to know that I had to eat grilled chicken and broccoli every day, oh, and a salad with low cal dressing. Not that there's anything wrong with those foods, but I'm not usually in the mood for just "healthy food" If I can have just a little "junk" every day, that is comforting to know. Also, I reread my original post, and to clarify, I mostly had in mind diet books and tv gurus when I said I never see people including junk in their diet. Thanks guys, for all the replies on this subject.

even without "junk" food, there's a whole lot more to good, proper, and balanced nutrition than chicken breast and broccoli. i don't eat much in the way of "junk" and eat very healthfully...i'm a very good cook, and i can assure you that nothing i make is bland or boring. also, don't confuse calories with nutrition...a low cal salad dressing might be necessary for you to hit your calorie targets...but it has nothing to do with it's nutritional value. actually, a full fat salad dressing or a dressing with at least some fat could be viewed as healthier than a fat free dressing in that you actually need that dietary fat to absorb many of the nutrients in the salad.

also keep in mind that fat = flavor...and dietary fat is an essential nutrient. a lot of people think dietary fat is inherently unhealthy, and nothing could be further from the truth...but it is calorie dense
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I eat some junk food almost every day and log every bite: Oreos with lunch about every day, Jelly Babies here and there, whisky, beer, etc. Everything that contributes to my caloric intake... It's completely possible to lose weight and eat food that's "bad for you" :)
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Yeah....i don't exactly have the healthiest diet! A sample day for me usually includes a bottle of soda or some other 'junk' snack. And carbs. Lots of carbs. XD Still, I'm losing weight and getting my body the nutrition it needs, so I'm cool with it.
  • freesiasun5
    freesiasun5 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Options
    You'll find copious amounts of junk in my diary on a daily basis.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've binged on muffins the past days, that was awful. But of course I log everything.
  • definista
    definista Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The way I manage eating junk food is buying things that are in individual servings. That way it's much easier to not eat a ton of it. I take my time and fully enjoy one serving, then put the rest of the box away before I start thinking about having another one.

Feel free to add me. I am on every day!
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend and view my dairy. I frequently have junk, though I try to make it fit. Sometimes it fits, sometimes it doesn't and I try to better the next day. I was under some stress for a couple of months and went of the rails, so if you go back to a month and a half ago you'll see consequitive entries for fast food and 4 doughnuts at a time lol. Though I'm back on track, I still keep room for treats. Yesterday I had several chocolates. The night before I had a salad and three small slices of pizza.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Pizza, gyros, alcohol, McDonald's, it's all in my diary. I don't eat cookies so you won't find any of that in my diary, but I log everything I consume. I've lost almost 40 lbs in 9 months eating smaller portions of the things I enjoy.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I was inspired by this thread, and now came up with a "junkyard" category for my calories. I'm saving it for alcohol and the non-nutritional foods. But it's not because I'm looking to cut down on those, just that I can then marvel at the junk and the actual meals I had separately... ;)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I was inspired by this thread, and now came up with a "junkyard" category for my calories. I'm saving it for alcohol and the non-nutritional foods. But it's not because I'm looking to cut down on those, just that I can then marvel at the junk and the actual meals I had separately... ;)

I actually track all my "splurges" as Snacks (although maybe I should come up with a clever name for that category) because it does give me the ability to easily see where I might want to make some adjustments if I do hit a plateau (although now in maintenance that's not an issue) or things are going the wrong direction...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I usually save my "junk" for the end of the day, but currently, I have three different ice cream flavors in my freezer, a lot of sugar cookie Pop Tarts, a Twix Ghost, and three toasted coconut Oreos left. If anything, MFP has made me try more sweets. I don't think I would have ever eaten gelato without it!

I limit restaurants and fast food to save cash.

....The first page of this thread really makes me want some chicharrones
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm back on. You guys are the best. It's good to know that so many of you still eat delicious foods, and still lose weight. I would hate to know that I had to eat grilled chicken and broccoli every day, oh, and a salad with low cal dressing. Not that there's anything wrong with those foods, but I'm not usually in the mood for just "healthy food" If I can have just a little "junk" every day, that is comforting to know. Also, I reread my original post, and to clarify, I mostly had in mind diet books and tv gurus when I said I never see people including junk in their diet. Thanks guys, for all the replies on this subject.

You don't have to eat steamed broccoli or grilled chicken every day to lose weight though... I don't crave junk as much when I make delicious healthy meals, and they fit just fine in my calories too. Heck I'm probably having pasta and homemade meatballs tonight, for example.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I am by no means an expert in any of this, but I have stayed on track with my goals for almost 2 months now by eating hot pockets for lunch pretty much every day. Portion control is far more important than what you eat, from what I can tell.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Chips, burgers and alcohol make frequent appearances in my diary. I log them, consume less than I did before trying to lose weight and have been quite successful. Everything in moderation!
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Don't knock grilled chicken. I love grilled chicken cooked to perfection covered in BBQ sauce. I also love broccoli, raw, steamed, or covered in cheese (too many calories though).
  • esnider211
    esnider211 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Beer & hard cider. all of it and logged. I save calories all week to go out with friends on Fridays.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I love grilled chicken. I love broccoli. I love chocolate. I love chips. I love cake.

I eat all those things and more. I still lost weight.

Weight loss is about quantity of food. Eat fewer calories than you burn and you'll lose weight.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I had a slice of cheese and a bottle of prosecco for dinner last night. Yup!
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mine gets pretty junky from time to time