I've never seen a persons daily meal include junk food.

Options

Replies

• scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What some would consider "junk"...I fit in every night. Usually gelato/ice cream/cookies. Works for me and I never feel deprived of anything.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I logged chocolate and ice cream yesterday. So far I have logged chocolate today.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I certainly do!

I try to save snacks until after dinner once everything else is logged and then anything left over is for snack-time. That way I don't risk wasting dinner calories on something I won't find filling.
  • 89GermanG
    89GermanG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many people claim that they eat whatever they want, as long as they stay within their calorie limit, but I've never actually seen a sample diet that included junk food, i.e, cookies, chips, etc. Do any of you guys diaries include junk? The reason I'm asking, is because I find it really hard to stay on a diet that doesn't include at least some of the foods I love. I become grumpy, and just kinda depressed in a way, because junk food makes me feel good, if only for a little while. I would just love to know that I'm not the only one that thinks like this. I cannot manage, however, to just eat junk in moderation, without totally binge eating on the stuff. Do any of you have a way to incorporate sweets into your diet, without ending up on a binge? What's your secret, so to speak?

Hi, I do eat junk food, sweets, chips etc. I'm ok not eating it every day but when I'm craving for a burger from Mc Donald's I will get me one. You can add me if you like and look at my diary
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many people claim that they eat whatever they want, as long as they stay within their calorie limit, but I've never actually seen a sample diet that included junk food, i.e, cookies, chips, etc. Do any of you guys diaries include junk? The reason I'm asking, is because I find it really hard to stay on a diet that doesn't include at least some of the foods I love. I become grumpy, and just kinda depressed in a way, because junk food makes me feel good, if only for a little while. I would just love to know that I'm not the only one that thinks like this. I cannot manage, however, to just eat junk in moderation, without totally binge eating on the stuff. Do any of you have a way to incorporate sweets into your diet, without ending up on a binge? What's your secret, so to speak?

I've rarely had problems with binging, I guess I'm lucky. I also like occasional fast food. Today I stopped between work campuses and grabbed a sonic lime aid and a jr deluxe cheeseburger. I worked it into my calories. Other days it's a treat from Starbucks. But it isn't every day.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I had cookies today and yesterday. I also had wine yesterday. I had chips with my lunch sandwich on white bread.

I eat what I like and usually am within my daily goals. It's working for me.
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have open diary and i eat kink EVERY day. I've lost 17 pounds in three months so it must not hurt :wink:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have open diary and i eat kink EVERY day. I've lost 17 pounds in three months so it must not hurt :wink:

Mmm, kink.

:lol:

(I know it's a typo, but it's a funny one)
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options

If the kink don't hurt you ain't doin it right
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I log my junk unless I ate it really late and forgot to put it in. My junk tends to be xylitol sweetened chocolate chips with nuts, or pork rinds in cheese dip.

Ugh, now I want some.
  • denise81913
    denise81913 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten candy cookies or chocolate in a little more than 2 weeks I have eaten 2 slices of pizza in this same time and so far I haven't lost not even 1 pound
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Then you have obviously never peeked in mine. It's not pretty. But I aim for 80/20 compliance so it's in the minority. Today I bought Taco Bell for my special Ed sub class team as a lunch surprise because we had a hellacious day & needed a little bonding time to recover; then I ate pizza at a fundraiser sponsored by my daughter's school for dinner. That is not how I normally roll at all, but if I'm under my calories with a workout I don't stress. This kind of food won't build healthy muscle though, so I'll eat cleaner tomorrow. But lie about it or sanitize my food log??? Hells no! This is reality!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Team kink, baby!
  • moonagedaydream72
    moonagedaydream72 Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I eat pizza or burgers (my faves) every week or so, and sometimes I have convenience foods like pizza pockets or microwave dinners because I work long hours and need something fast.

I do eat chocolate every day. My favourite is Ritter Sport dark chocolate with mint. I have 2-4 squares every day and it satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

My diary is open. I eat what others would consider junk all the time. I lost 44 pounds eating like this, and I have been maintaining for two years eating the same.

I weigh all my food and work those daily treats into my diet.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I eat some form of 'junk' most days. The difference between now and when I was very overweight is that I'm mindful of portions and do things like put a portion of my treat into a bowl instead of eating from the bag, bar, etc. I'm going to be eating like this for the rest of my life and you can pry my chocolate and Starbucks from my cold, dead hands.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My diary...umm...is a disaster zone in terms of healthy foods...not only do I over eat at least once a week, but I don't eat as many veggies or fruits as I should
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I went over my calories on chocolate chips and margaritas today. Stuff happens. The thing is to pick yourself up and get back in the saddle
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options

1) I do eat whatever I want. As it happens, I want things like veggies, lentil soups, veggie and rice curries, yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, etc. etc.

I crave those things!!

2) I do not eat chips. For a while, a few years ago now, I ate a bag of chips at least once a week, and I got kind of chipped-out. Plus the salt caused a lot of water retention which I didn't like. So my husband and I dropped chips from our diet down to having them about once a month. About 2 years ago, we dropped them pretty much all together. I think in 2 years we've had maybe 3 bags of chips. I did have a bag on holiday in June, but found them so incredibly salty I could hardly finish them. Haven't touched them since.

I don't eat chocolate bars now. When I started here, I decided to quit them for a month ... and I've just never re-introduced them. I thought I would miss them, but I don't. They rarely enter my mind.

Cookies ... I have had a few cookies since I started here. My husband made Anzac Biscuits a couple months ago, and I had one a day for 3 or 4 days. Then just a couple weeks ago, we got a Subway meal complete with 2 cookies each, so I ate those. It was all part of a plan ... we had cycled about 40 km that day over hilly terrain, so I had extra calories to work with.

3) And that brings me to incorporating these things into my diet ... I exercise! The more I exercise, the more I can eat. :) So I've been able to go out for dinner on a weekend and order desert. Or have things like pizza, tacos, cheesecake, etc.

I've also made some substitutions.

The only reason I want chips, for example, is when I'm craving salt. I don't add a lot of salt to my food. So ... I have cottage cheese and salted cucumber slices after work. That gives me a nice salty crunch with nowhere near the calories.

And for desert or late evening snack, I have low-cal yogurt with some sort of topping. Last night I went with low-cal chocolate sauces and cinnamon mixed into vanilla yogurt. Yummy!! :)
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    My father, bless his heart, gave me a jar of Jelly Belly jelly beans. A really, really big jar. It says that 38 are one serving (160 calories). Instead, I take 18 at a time, put them on a plate, and savor each one, putting the jar away before I start to eat.