Why so mean??

Options
13»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure that all women hate each other...at least that's the impression i get.
    I have met and known women like this (unfortunately), but there are some amazing women on this planet. I've met many jealous men, too.
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfW8deSlsiA an oldie but a goodie from Jenna Marbles springs to mind on reading this thread. Not all women are like that obviously, but dealing with those who are is pretty tedious.

Anyway, congrats on your loss.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    entwife wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »

Reminds me of a joke, went something like this

Don't bother understanding women
    Women understand women and they hate each other. :smiley:

Ouch! but ha ha! Who said that, Seinfeld?

Not sure, I think I saw it in a compilation video on YouTube, bunch on comedians, I think he might have had white hair if that narrows it down.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    People who are jealous ALWAYS try to make others feel bad. You just gotta ignore it or if it keeps going, let one rip back at them.

I always kept getting this one lady tell me to "stop losing weight or you will disappear" - seriously - there is no way in hell I am going to disappear anytime soon (or ever!) - do I look THIN to anyone? Seriously????

So after a few times I got the *kitten* and said quite curtly "I am not actually losing any weight. I've only lost 5 kilos. I am putting ON weight because I'm going to look like Conan the Barbarian" And I flexed at her and walked away.

She has not mentioned my weight again.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Meh. Different strokes for different folks. I lost weight some years ago and one of my favourite employees said to me "You looked prettier in your face before you lost the weight". Was she jealous? No, she was a rail thin Guyanese woman about 15 years older than me. She just had a different view of beauty than I did.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I think all this is skewed opinions of women's jealousies are due to stupid reality shows. Or again I live in some utopian sheltered town on another planet.
  • MrsPiscez
    MrsPiscez Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    dawniemate wrote: »
    I've been off work 6 months for shoulder surgery. During that time I've lost nearly 30 lbs. .I'm 5ft and weigh 130 lbs now. I'm really pleased I feel so much healthier and have loads of energy. So I returned to work all my female colleagues said ' how did you get so thin '.....thin I am not. I overheard them say ' she looked better fat! ! ' I'm always happy for people when they achieve something so why are they so mean !!

Pure jealousy.
    Don't let it put a dent in your confidence.
    Just smile & enjoy your accomplishments B)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    They're jealous of you. WOOT WOOT!!! Awesome job.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My favorite is when I've lost weight in the past (healthy weight loss) and I was told you are too skinny now , you need to gain weight. People will always have something to say. Everyone likes to judge and gossip... They just need something to talk about. As long as you feel good and you know you are healthy, just ignore.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My favorite is when I've lost weight in the past (healthy weight loss) and I was told you are too skinny now , you need to gain weight. People will always have something to say. Everyone likes to judge and gossip... They just need something to talk about. As long as you feel good and you know you are healthy, just ignore.

sadly true, this is why celebrity gossip sells so well, just search 'Lindsey Lohan' on the daily mail website and you'll probably find alternating articles about her being too thin or too fat
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Firstly, hope your recovery has gone well and congratulations on your weight loss.

People will judge one another all the time, I wouldn't take notice of it and just concentrate on you and your thoughts and actions.

You've also been out of the office for a long time so you're probably being seen as an outsider. I get this sort of behaviour a lot from my two sisters since they've had children they're a lot closer so they tend to stick the daggers in me with their judgements. I also worked in a company and it was taken over and the new boss just hated me. Almost overnight work friendships vanished as they didn't wanted to be associated with me by their boss. I got out of that place quick!

Really, people are strange creatures.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't for a minute think this behavior is based on anything other than jealousy, but one thing that I've noticed makes overweight people look worse when they lose weight, is when they still wear the same clothes (which are then really baggy).
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    I don't for a minute think this behavior is based on anything other than jealousy, but one thing that I've noticed makes overweight people look worse when they lose weight, is when they still wear the same clothes (which are then really baggy).

Well, I've been slowly, slowly replacing my wardrobe after going down 5 sizes. But it's a long and expensive proposition, and a frustrating one 'cause even at my smaller size I still have trouble finding clothes that fit (due to being 5'1" in a world where clothes are made for taller women.) So yeah, I still wear some stuff that's too big and baggy on me, 'cause it's either that or going naked, which I hear is frowned upon in polite society and all.

Anyhoo... the people criticizing and commenting are jerks. Ignore them and move on.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    preeJAY wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure that all women hate each other...at least that's the impression i get.
    Jruzer wrote: »

That's my impression as well. They talk a good game about "sisterhood", but in private the stilettos come out.

Easy boys!! That is not very nice or my sarcasm meter needs new batteries:)

+1! :(

Unhappy people are unhappy. Not much to do with gender.

Truth. I work with a great group of women and never deal with the catty type females!

To the OP they are obviously jealous! Who cares? GREAT JOB!!!!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
  • _flawedperfectly_
    _flawedperfectly_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Women are terrible. I have a quiet laid back personality and because of this when I'm in a new social situation I tend to be quiet and observant at first. You'd be surprised of some of the things I hear women say about other women. It's crazy. Then smile in their face when the person comes around lol. Chalk it up as just catty, gossipy women being women. Keep up with your goals and congrats on your weight loss!