GNC burn 60

Options
Hello I just bought GNC's Burn 60 weight loss pill. What do you think about it? Is it harmful or helpful? Have you used it?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I think it's unnecessary.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Think you should have saved your money.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I think it's unnecessary.
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Think you should have saved your money.

Both of these
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The only effective weight loss stack is EC - Ephedrine and Caffeine, which works as an appetite suppressant. Assuming you can get your hands on the Ephedrine, you can find the proper dosages to take online. That being said, stop going after short cuts. There are no fat burners that you can buy (legally) that actually works. The illegal ones are illegal for a reason - if you take a too high dose of it, you can literally end up dying in the ER and the doctors will be unable to do a damn thing about it.

Get a weight scale, count calories, eat -500 of your TDEE. Eat caloric dense foods that are filling so you crave less. Go for single ingredient items, and just eat lots. Examples are: Eggs, chicken, fish, veggies, fruit, tubers (sweet potatoes are awesome), nuts (go easy on nuts, the calories stack up fast), etc.

Example meal plans:
    Breakfast can consist of eggs, fruit, toast (1 to 2 slices), Greek yogurt, cottage cheese

Lunch and dinner: a main meat dish, a main veggie dish, and sweet potatoes/rice/bread (MEASURE the amount, some carbs are fine but they are easy to overdo). Fruit or Greek Yogurt for dessert (I sometimes mix greek yogurt with protein powder and/or fruit).

Calories in must be less than calories out. No shortcuts for long run success. Good luck!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    If you have your receipt I suggest returning it to GNC.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    The only effective weight loss stack is EC - Ephedrine and Caffeine, which works as an appetite suppressant. Assuming you can get your hands on the Ephedrine, you can find the proper dosages to take online. That being said, stop going after short cuts. There are no fat burners that you can buy (legally) that actually works. The illegal ones are illegal for a reason - if you take a too high dose of it, you can literally end up dying in the ER and the doctors will be unable to do a damn thing about it.

Seconded for EC. But don't take it if obese or have any heart issues
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    WingardiumLeviosa91 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It already includes caffeine as the main ingredient, and it also suppresses appetite. Today I used it and it helped me work out without getting too tired. I already go to gym every day and burn 500 calories, and I eat 1200 calories a day. I just take supplements to make sure it works, because I try so hard. I am not looking for magic to happen, but I want to lose weight faster because some days I even gain weight even though I don't eat much.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    It already includes caffeine as the main ingredient, and it also suppresses appetite. Today I used it and it helped me work out without getting too tired. I already go to gym every day and burn 500 calories, and I eat 1200 calories a day. I just take supplements to make sure it works, because I try so hard. I am not looking for magic to happen, but I want to lose weight faster because some days I even gain weight even though I don't eat much.

So much wrong with all of this.

You should not be netting only 700 calories per day (though I'm highly suspect of a 500 calorie burn at the gym being accurate)

You should not expect weight loss to happen fast.

Daily fluctuations in weight are immaterial...focus on the long term trend.

Be sure you're weighing and measuring your food/calories accurately.

There is absolutely no need for any sort of appetite suppressant
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    WingardiumLeviosa91 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

You should not be netting only 700 calories per day (though I'm highly suspect of a 500 calorie burn at the gym being accurate)

I do one and half hours of ecliptic training machine every day till it makes 500 calories, then I stop. Why would I lie about it?

I use myfitnesspal app to measure my calories, I enter everything I eat there and obey its calculations. It says I have to eat at least 1200 calories, so I do. I am not going to eat more because I really want to lose weight. This week I lost 2,2 kg, and I want this pattern to continue.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

I do one and half hours of ecliptic training machine every day till it makes 500 calories, then I stop. Why would I lie about it?

I use myfitnesspal app to measure my calories, I enter everything I eat there and obey its calculations. It says I have to eat at least 1200 calories, so I do. I am not going to eat more because I really want to lose weight. This week I lost 2,2 kg, and I want this pattern to continue.

I do not think you are lying...I think those machines are highly inaccurate in reporting actual calories burned.

As to the rest, you REALLY need to re-evaluate your goals and how to lose weight in a healthy manner, because right now, you are headed for a health disaster.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

He's not suggesting that you lie about it, he's saying that the machine is probably inaccurate. They usually are.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

I do not think you are lying...I think those machines are highly inaccurate in reporting actual calories burned.

As to the rest, you REALLY need to re-evaluate your goals and how to lose weight in a healthy manner, because right now, you are headed for a health disaster.

What he said....really. My 7 year old might net around 1000 cals per day.

You're going down a path to crash and burn. You only have 35lbs to lose and you're trying to keep up a goal of 2.2 kg (almost 5lbs) per week. That's not smart, nor healthy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

What he said....really. My 7 year old might net around 1000 cals per day.

You're going down a path to crash and burn. You only have 35lbs to lose and you're trying to keep up a goal of 2.2 kg (almost 5lbs) per week. That's not smart, nor healthy.

What happens when you lose too fast is your LBM is decimated

So your end results will not be great even if you have the scale weight you aspire to

I would listen to some of the excellent advice in this thread. Slow it down, eat more,half your calorie burns and don't take bad supplements
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

To be fair here, I set the elliptical resistance at 17 out of 25, and can burn about 100 calories in 14 minutes at a decent speed (using HRM) Could I keep that up for 70 mins? Very very doubtful. So I would imagine you are probably overestimating
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I thought ephedrine was illegal? I can't even find it for asthma/allergy relief anymore.
  • Azexas
    Options

I thought ephedrine was illegal? I can't even find it for asthma/allergy relief anymore.

I think it depends on what state (assuming you are from the US, if not I'm sorry ) but if it is legal than its kept locked behind the pharmacy counter like some of the cold medicines.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »

I think it depends on what state (assuming you are from the US, if not I'm sorry ) but if it is legal than its kept locked behind the pharmacy counter like some of the cold medicines.

Ephedrine is absolutely illegal in weight-loss preparations in the U.S. I didn't know that it was ever used in any other kind of supplements, but I suppose someone could put it in a bottle and label it for anything else they want, and sell it that way. Pseudoephedrine is found in decongestants (Sudafed), and that is kept behind the counter now because of people buying large quantities of it to make methamphetamine.

In any case, the reason that its illegal now is because people died from taking it. Yes, I believe there is dose that will not kill you, but ANY dose will raise your resting heart rate and blood pressure, and while it will reduce your appetite, it will NOT "burn fat." It does exactly what a really large slug of caffeine does.
  • Azexas
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »

Ephedrine is absolutely illegal in weight-loss preparations in the U.S. I didn't know that it was ever used in any other kind of supplements, but I suppose someone could put it in a bottle and label it for anything else they want, and sell it that way. Pseudoephedrine is found in decongestants (Sudafed), and that is kept behind the counter now because of people buying large quantities of it to make methamphetamine.

In any case, the reason that its illegal now is because people died from taking it. Yes, I believe there is dose that will not kill you, but ANY dose will raise your resting heart rate and blood pressure, and while it will reduce your appetite, it will NOT "burn fat." It does exactly what a really large slug of caffeine does.

I know it is illegal in weight loss supplements. What I was referring to was the allergy and asthma relief products the person I quoted mentioned.