GNC burn 60

Options

Replies

• Coley88
    Coley88 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello I just bought GNC's Burn 60 weight loss pill. What do you think about it? Is it harmful or helpful? Have you used it?

It's pointless. My husband has worked for GNC for 7 years and I'll still tell you that you're wasting your money.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    WingardiumLeviosa91 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It already includes caffeine as the main ingredient, and it also suppresses appetite. Today I used it and it helped me work out without getting too tired. I already go to gym every day and burn 500 calories, and I eat 1200 calories a day. I just take supplements to make sure it works, because I try so hard. I am not looking for magic to happen, but I want to lose weight faster because some days I even gain weight even though I don't eat much.

So much wrong with all of this.

You should not be netting only 700 calories per day (though I'm highly suspect of a 500 calorie burn at the gym being accurate)

You should not expect weight loss to happen fast.

Daily fluctuations in weight are immaterial...focus on the long term trend.

Be sure you're weighing and measuring your food/calories accurately.

There is absolutely no need for any sort of appetite suppressant

I do one and half hours of ecliptic training machine every day till it makes 500 calories, then I stop. Why would I lie about it?

I use myfitnesspal app to measure my calories, I enter everything I eat there and obey its calculations. It says I have to eat at least 1200 calories, so I do. I am not going to eat more because I really want to lose weight. This week I lost 2,2 kg, and I want this pattern to continue.

To be fair here, I set the elliptical resistance at 17 out of 25, and can burn about 100 calories in 14 minutes at a decent speed (using HRM) Could I keep that up for 70 mins? Very very doubtful. So I would imagine you are probably overestimating

Burn 60 gives me energy and helps me continue working out for more than an hour without feeling tired. The only bad side affect is that my heart rate goes up to 150 sometimes.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It already includes caffeine as the main ingredient, and it also suppresses appetite. Today I used it and it helped me work out without getting too tired. I already go to gym every day and burn 500 calories, and I eat 1200 calories a day. I just take supplements to make sure it works, because I try so hard. I am not looking for magic to happen, but I want to lose weight faster because some days I even gain weight even though I don't eat much.

You should not be netting only 700 calories per day (though I'm highly suspect of a 500 calorie burn at the gym being accurate)

I do one and half hours of ecliptic training machine every day till it makes 500 calories, then I stop. Why would I lie about it?

I use myfitnesspal app to measure my calories, I enter everything I eat there and obey its calculations. It says I have to eat at least 1200 calories, so I do. I am not going to eat more because I really want to lose weight. This week I lost 2,2 kg, and I want this pattern to continue.

To be fair here, I set the elliptical resistance at 17 out of 25, and can burn about 100 calories in 14 minutes at a decent speed (using HRM) Could I keep that up for 70 mins? Very very doubtful. So I would imagine you are probably overestimating

Burn 60 gives me energy and helps me continue working out for more than an hour without feeling tired. The only bad side affect is that my heart rate goes up to 150 sometimes.

Yep that would be bad!!
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

I do not think you are lying...I think those machines are highly inaccurate in reporting actual calories burned.

As to the rest, you REALLY need to re-evaluate your goals and how to lose weight in a healthy manner, because right now, you are headed for a health disaster.

What he said....really. My 7 year old might net around 1000 cals per day.

You're going down a path to crash and burn. You only have 35lbs to lose and you're trying to keep up a goal of 2.2 kg (almost 5lbs) per week. That's not smart, nor healthy.

But I am feeling good.. I eat when I am hungry, today I took more than 1300 cal but burned around 450 of it at the gym, so no problem about ir. I even eat chocolate and peanut butter on low dosages, I eat everything my body craves. I just spend 1.5 hours at the gym every day so my body will have enough muscle and burn fat.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    The only effective weight loss stack is EC - Ephedrine and Caffeine, which works as an appetite suppressant. Assuming you can get your hands on the Ephedrine, you can find the proper dosages to take online. That being said, stop going after short cuts. There are no fat burners that you can buy (legally) that actually works. The illegal ones are illegal for a reason - if you take a too high dose of it, you can literally end up dying in the ER and the doctors will be unable to do a damn thing about it.

Seconded for EC. But don't take it if obese or have any heart issues

I thought ephedrine was illegal? I can't even find it for asthma/allergy relief anymore.

I think it depends on what state (assuming you are from the US, if not I'm sorry ) but if it is legal than its kept locked behind the pharmacy counter like some of the cold medicines.

Ephedrine is absolutely illegal in weight-loss preparations in the U.S. I didn't know that it was ever used in any other kind of supplements, but I suppose someone could put it in a bottle and label it for anything else they want, and sell it that way. Pseudoephedrine is found in decongestants (Sudafed), and that is kept behind the counter now because of people buying large quantities of it to make methamphetamine.

In any case, the reason that its illegal now is because people died from taking it. Yes, I believe there is dose that will not kill you, but ANY dose will raise your resting heart rate and blood pressure, and while it will reduce your appetite, it will NOT "burn fat." It does exactly what a really large slug of caffeine does.

Yes it has caffeine in it, it makes me alert and give me energy. It seems natural so I don't see a problem with it.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Natural like hemlock or oil?
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    Natural like hemlock or oil?

No but the ingredient is from seeds...
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Yep that would be bad!!

That's why from now on I will take it only 1 pill and in the morning not prior to workout, so that I will be able to control my heart rate from going too high. It will work like coffee but more effective.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    So natural like cyanide, then?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

I do not think you are lying...I think those machines are highly inaccurate in reporting actual calories burned.

As to the rest, you REALLY need to re-evaluate your goals and how to lose weight in a healthy manner, because right now, you are headed for a health disaster.

You're going down a path to crash and burn. You only have 35lbs to lose and you're trying to keep up a goal of 2.2 kg (almost 5lbs) per week. That's not smart, nor healthy.

But I am feeling good.. I eat when I am hungry, today I took more than 1300 cal but burned around 450 of it at the gym, so no problem about ir. I even eat chocolate and peanut butter on low dosages, I eat everything my body craves. I just spend 1.5 hours at the gym every day so my body will have enough muscle and burn fat.

The posters with years of experience here definitely have no idea what they're talking about.

You're still eating less than my 7 year old, trying to keep up a totally unrealistic pace of 5lbs per week (it would borderline be unrealistic for someone with 3x your weight to lose), and are setting yourself up to crash....

But OK OP, you've got all the answers....honestly IMHO if you're netting less than 900 cals and "feel fine", I'm guessing there's a mistake in calories estimations some where.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Yep that would be bad!!

That's why from now on I will take it only 1 pill and in the morning not prior to workout, so that I will be able to control my heart rate from going too high. It will work like coffee but more effective.

Wait, so your heart rate was hitting 150 when exercising? Why is that bad? In hard sprints, I'll hit much higher than that. My steady state cardio pace is about 170-180 (according to the machines, which I don't fully trust).

If you're hitting 150 while resting, that is bad.

Either way, if you want the effect, just take caffeine. That is ALL you are getting from it. I mean, coffee is a natural source of caffeine, for that matter.
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you are burning 500 calories with exercise, the minimum you should be eating is 1700(1700-500=1200 net calories for day).

Keep eating the way you are, you will start losing your hair, could develop gallstones, and may cause damage to your heart. People who follow such low calorie diets usually only do so for a short time and while under a doctor's care. If you can't get through your workout without a pill, that is a sign your body needs more energy through calories, not chemicals.

Please read this link to learn about a woman who tried doing the hard exercise, little food route to lose weight, and learned why there is a much better way that is actually way more effective and healthy.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    FGTisme wrote: »
    If you are burning 500 calories with exercise, the minimum you should be eating is 1700(1700-500=1200 net calories for day).

Keep eating the way you are, you will start losing your hair, could develop gallstones, and may cause damage to your heart. People who follow such low calorie diets usually only do so for a short time and while under a doctor's care. If you can't get through your workout without a pill, that is a sign your body needs more energy through calories, not chemicals.

Please read this link to learn about a woman who tried doing the hard exercise, little food route to lose weight, and learned why there is a much better way that is actually way more effective and healthy.

Thank you for sharing the link it was helpful. I think I'll increase my diet 300 more calories, because tonight suddenly I got hungry, like super hungry, and ate so many things : olives, corn, bread, nuts, mandarins.... and I still feel hungry.

I will still take the pill, but in the mornings because I have trouble waking up, and going to my classes. It will give me the caffeine boost I need to go through my day. And before the work out, I'll take Tonalin CLA so that it helps burning fat. I read a lot about it and think it is harmless.

The reason I'm so obsessed with weight loss is my ex boyfriend. He told me to lose weight so many times, and then he dumped me. I just think I needed to be more physically attractive to him. I am even taking therapy on this issue.

Few years ago I was only 46 kg. I was looking like a miniature model, everything looked good on me. Then I started using psychiatric pills, and boom, I was suddenly 83 kg. It ruined me. In my school everyone takes care of themselves -they are skinny and good looking, and I feel fat and ugly.

I know paying so much attention to looks is not a good or healthy thinking. But I just want to be thin again. I want to get my bf back. I want to look confident in my clothes and my skin.

And that's why I am so impatient.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options

Yep that would be bad!!

Wait, so your heart rate was hitting 150 when exercising? Why is that bad? In hard sprints, I'll hit much higher than that. My steady state cardio pace is about 170-180 (according to the machines, which I don't fully trust).

Either way, if you want the effect, just take caffeine. That is ALL you are getting from it. I mean, coffee is a natural source of caffeine, for that matter.

I am not really informed on it, but my friend said it was too much for a heart rate, so I thought it was. But I believe I have a weak heart, so it is a bir uncomfortable during workouts.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options

Yeah, you're feeling good now. But that won't last.

You may be right :( I am not feeling ok tonight.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options

The posters with years of experience here definitely have no idea what they're talking about.

You're still eating less than my 7 year old, trying to keep up a totally unrealistic pace of 5lbs per week (it would borderline be unrealistic for someone with 3x your weight to lose), and are setting yourself up to crash....

But OK OP, you've got all the answers....honestly IMHO if you're netting less than 900 cals and "feel fine", I'm guessing there's a mistake in calories estimations some where.

Tonight I got so hungry and have a headache... I'll increase the calories in my diet.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I just think I needed to be more physically attractive to him.

I know paying so much attention to looks is not a good or healthy thinking. But I just want to be thin again. I want to get my bf back.
    Oh honey, a boy who only wants to be with you, if you look perfect, is no friend. He is using you, and discards you when you don't do as you are told. If you were made to feel, that the reason he wanted you to lose weight, was because he wanted an attractive girlfriend, you dodged a bullet. That is not love, it could be a power and control issue, it could be lust, but it is not love.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    In my experience, if I have a few low calorie/high exercise days in a week, it will 100% catch up with me. In that I will have a day where I don't want to leave the couch and I will overeat anything in sight. So not worth it!
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options

I am not really informed on it, but my friend said it was too much for a heart rate, so I thought it was. But I believe I have a weak heart, so it is a bir uncomfortable during workouts.

In that case, you might want to check with a physician. In all likelihood, you are just experiencing normal discomfort. Cardio helps strengthen your heart, and it's not easy at first.

I don't care why your boyfriend dumped you. If he was denigrating you after choosing to date you, then you don't need that. He's a *kitten* at best, and probably a controlling dick. I've been through a tough time recently (relationship wise), and I am better off now. The key is not to blame yourself for another person's failings, even though it's tempting. I can tell you about it if you like, but it doesn't directly correlate.

Seriously, you don't need to put up with that kind of *kitten*. Sorry, guys with no sense of respect, or honor piss me off. Debasing your loved ones is the worst.