• Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Shrek (by the 4th one I was like, ugh)
    Sex and the City movie (1 was enough)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    • Rocky (past III could've been left in gutter)
    • Highlander (... I have no words)
    • Starship Troopers (I'm in denial... only the first one exists! The rest are urban legend)

Honorable mention:
    • Beastmaster was so horribly good, I actually liked the sequel (very 'on the nose') although it was unnecessary

Rocky 4 had the sexiest man who has ever walked this Earth in it. That alone makes it a movie that is worthy of being made.

Clearly I agree with Starship Troopers and Highlander and I'm so excited someone besides me likes the Beastmaster movies. However the TV show? That sucked.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    RoboCop should have been left with the first. The second was just "ok", third was a turd.

Ghostbusters 2 sucked.

Exceptions to the rule:

Lethal Weapon 2 was as good, if not better than the first. 3 was okay.

Evil Dead 2 was good. It was almost like a sort of reboot. I liked aspects of it more than the first. Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness is like a completely different movie. It stands on its own, though not as good in ways, it seems unfair to even compare it to the others as it is so different.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    FLETCH .....
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Robocop!! All the subsequent sequels, tv series, animated show and those stupid made for tv movies really ****ed up the Robocop franchise!

I hope the latest reboot exonerates it somehow, although I'm not really holding my breath!! But we'll see!
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The Hangover
    Major League
    Saw - they should have stopped at 2
    Scary Movie - They should have stopped at 2
    A Nightmare on Elm Street - should have stopped at 3
    Paranormal Activity
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The third Halloween...the one that didn't even have Michael Myers in it...what a waste. I liked the Rob Zombie remakes, though, but I consider them different since they are not like the original stories (the first one kinda, but def. not the second).
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm a massive fan of the Bourne movies. But that fourth installment WITHOUT Jason Bourne was just diabolical :explode:
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Fast and Furious... They could have stopped at 2 honestly. They are all great movies but they are just getting very annoying now

agreed
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    No one has said Twilight..

Or is that just a given?
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm a massive fan of the Bourne movies. But that fourth installment WITHOUT Jason Bourne was just diabolical :explode:

^^^^^ Absolutely agree!!

And the follow-ups of Pirates of the Carribean were pathetic, to say the least!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Scream and The Matrix
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The third Halloween...the one that didn't even have Michael Myers in it...what a waste. I liked the Rob Zombie remakes, though, but I consider them different since they are not like the original stories (the first one kinda, but def. not the second).

Yeah, originally Mike Myers was dead at the end of Halloween II, but when the "new story for every movie" idea flopped they decided to just keep brining him back.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options

How can you have one without Michael Myers?!!!!!!! Defeating the purpose here.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

Or is that just a given?

I didn't see them, and just assumed they were all awful. so if the first one sucked, then any number of sequels couldn't really "kill" it further, right?

Also, I kind of disagree with the OP's question of sequels that "killed" the first one. I mean, just because Ghostbusters 2 of Caddychack 2 were trash doesn't mean that people don't still love the the first installments... they just (rightfully) pretend the others don't exist.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Or is that just a given?

Doesn't count because they should have never made the first one.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Fast and Furious... They could have stopped at 2 honestly. They are all great movies but they are just getting very annoying now

well, when each one keeps making more money than the previous, I don't see them stopping.
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Saw
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Die Hard... I mean Die Hard and Die Hard 2 are both excellent Christmas movies, the rest of the Die Hard sequels do not take place during Christmas time. It's just awful. :laugh:

Just kidding. I love all of the Die Hard movies.

Terminator. After T2 they should have stopped.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    The Matrix!
    QFT

Tron.

In for the MATRIX. I actually liked Tron.

Chronicles of Rid****... lol

ETA: Seriously! the **** in Rid****?! :laugh: