Replies

• Katrioustu
    Katrioustu Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    Kung Fu Panda 2. No.... just no...
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Indiana Jone: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.....Seriously, wth....

Yes...the others were ok...but this...why Indy, why?!?! :brokenheart:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Highlander 2 still offends me. It was just so terrible. Strangely, the fourth Highlander movie was my favorite.
    Caddyshack 2 was awful, but it didn't offend me in the way that Highlander 2 does.
    Die Hard 2 was my least favorite, but it was still pretty good.
    Lethal Weapon 3 was the weakest, but it was far from bad (4 was my favorite).
    Beverly Hills Cop 3 was excessive and kind of dopey.
    The middle Fast & Furious movies got rather bad and/or pointless. The one with the Rock was good though.

Sequels don't usually bother me. I can think of a bunch of them that were was good, if not better, than the originals. Third movies tend to be worse than sequels (when a series gets that far).

I suddenly have an urge to watch Hamlet 2 (look it up).
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    land before time
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Live free or Die Hard and A good day to Die Hard

The first 3 were amazing!

Live Free beats the crap out of Die Harder any day.
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    Air Bud. OK, maybe he's good at basketball but there's no way he's a master of all those other sports too.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ... has anyone mentioned "The Mummy" yet? Loved the first, but after watching the 2nd I just wanted those two hours back.

Wonderful exception was ToyStory 2 *Ü*
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Lake Placid

Jaws

Ananconda

Home Alone (esp part 3)
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Chronicles of Rid*ick was just such a shame after the pure awesomeness of Pitch Black.
    The Starship Troopers sequels. Those are so bad they should have been on Sci-Fi
    Pirates of the Carribean was good until the fountain of youth....ugh.
    The Hobbit
    The Next Karate Kid (the one with the girl)
    Kickboxer
    Batman & Robin and Batman Forever (yay for batnipples?)
    Superman Returns
    Dragonheart 2
    Highlander 2

Edited to add one...
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The NeverEnding Story really didn't need any sequels, got one anyway and it was a disaster. I never seen any that they put out after it as it was a disgrace. I'll just pretend they didn't make any sequels. lol
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    Cars 2, was just crap to me. I was excited to go see it with my kid and I was like wow this movie is all about Mater and it was so long. Could of been awesome considering the great actors they had doing the voices.

All the Jurassic park sequels.

Sex and the City 2

Bridget Jones Diary 2

Harold and Kumar Sequels, loved the first one :)

Pirates of the Caribbean, they just got boring to me even though I love Johnny Depp.

But do you know what sequel I was really surprised by this weekend? I saw Monsters Inc. 2 and thought there's no way its going to compare to the first one and it actually did. Really funny and good movie I thought :)
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Sex and the City movie (1 was enough)

AGREED!!!
  • cstclair1973
    Options
    Pitch Black was a sleeper (under the radar) movie...I loved it. I saw it in the theater and bought it on DVD (back when DVD first came out and were expensive). Then comes Chronicles of Ridd!ck, it was entertaining, but lost its appeal. Now the 3rd one is coming out and I am not sure if I want to even see it. Not sure how he goes from commanding an army to being dumped on a desolate planet being hunted by mercs again, spoiler (looks similar to Pitch Black).

Then you have XXX. Another Vin Diesel movie that was decent with action packed scenes and an awesome soundtrack to go with the movie. Then they ruined it by adding Ice whatever in the XXX: State of the Union.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ... has anyone mentioned "The Mummy" yet? Loved the first, but after watching the 2nd I just wanted those two hours back.

Wonderful exception was ToyStory 2 *Ü*

What about Mummy 3? Or as I like to call it, "The Mummy Goes to Asia."
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    No one has said Twilight..

Or is that just a given?

Twilight should have been stopped before the 1st one came out. Terrible in all aspects of life!
  • PatchFan
    PatchFan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's already been mentioned several times, but Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was perhaps the most disappointing sequel and movie of all time.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    vacation 1 was good. Christmas Vacaction was better. Vegas Vacation was the best of the group. Europeon and Eddie's Christmas should never have been made.

Bridget Jones 2....the first was only....ehhh

Harry Potter 3....The director totally ruined it with annoying shrunken heads and cameos of him, his wife, and kid. Egotistical much?

Christmas Story 2? I saw that in the store. Refuse to even consider it.

I heard that are also considering a sequel to Dazed and Confused. Lightning won't strike for that twice. Original was great.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I can not believe Fast and the Furious got on here! With the exception of Tokyo Drift, which I didn't like, they only got better and better. Or Chronicles of Rid****! I liked Pitch Black more, but I don't think Chronicles ruined the first.

I agree XXX was ruined with State of the Union.

I think I might have a Vin Diesel fetish though....
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Oh man.... How could I forget Blues Brothers 2000
    Or for that matter, Smokey and the Bandit II and III
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    The third Halloween...the one that didn't even have Michael Myers in it...what a waste. I liked the Rob Zombie remakes, though, but I consider them different since they are not like the original stories (the first one kinda, but def. not the second).

Yeah, originally Mike Myers was dead at the end of Halloween II, but when the "new story for every movie" idea flopped they decided to just keep brining him back.

Lol, yes! It's like the Freddy without Robert Englund.