5'7 ladies tell us your stories (pics encouraged also)

Options
13»

Replies

• bscates84
    bscates84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You ladies look amazing!!! Thank you for sharing
  • AnneSoCal
    AnneSoCal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7 1/2", 55 years old and weigh 222.2 (weighed this morning for the first time in months). I'm actually just starting today and saw this thread. What amazing inspiration you all are! I hope to be posting my pictures in the coming months. I need to lose about 60lbs and hope I can do it with MFP and some hard work! Thanks for posting your pictures and stories!
  • cnred_06
    cnred_06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Y'all are amazing!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • hunnnybee
    hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thanks for the motivation - way to go. I am 5'7 and have about 100 pounds to lose
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.. I loved looking at this post! You guys are all inspirational and motivating. I've been reading through these all morning and just can't wait until I am able to post mine, to help someone. Great work, ladies!!
  • hmthomas317
    hmthomas317 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing. Thank you for sharing. It is super helpful to see the success of others to keep yourself motivated!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You are some awesome tall ladies...says an awesome short one B) Great work everyone!!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    meluboekv9c6.jpeg
    gnbjgpj9zy8q.jpeg

Started at 198 (top pic)
    Currently at 161 (bottom pic)
    Goal: 135-140

I'm 5'7" and in 2006 I had my son. I never lost any of my pregnancy weight and gained from there. I just had my daughter 6 months ago. I have been stuck at 161 ever since 2 months post partum. What honestly helped me was the fact I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes while pregnant with my daughter. I had to give myself insulin shots which was extremely hard since I cry at the sight of needles. I did everything right and watched what I ate for my baby's sake. I wanted her healthy. Because I ate right and kept things under control, I only gained 5 pounds during my pregnancy (doctor was perfectly ok with this because I was still eating tons, was just eating the right things). After I gave birth, the weight just started falling off. I think it had to do with eating right, breastfeeding, and having to go back and forth to the hospital 5 times a day to breastfeed because my daughter was in the NICU for 9 days after birth. All of that walking helped so much. I have gone off the wagon a little bit with not eating right but I've been maintaining due to breastfeeding. Well I am starting to dry up and I know if I don't change my ways then I will gain it all back. I've started eating right again this week and I'm joining a gym to start exercising so I can lose the last 20-25 pounds that I want to lose for good! There's no turning back and I will not look like that top picture ever again!

Here's to 2016 being our year to get healthy and in shape!! We've got this!!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow! You all look so great! Amazing Job!
  • dygitalpunk
    dygitalpunk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this thread! Such amazing Transformations :)

I am not done yet but have lost 26LBS since getting my Fitbit Aug 31st 2015:

SW: 222LBS
    CW: 195.4LBS
    GW: 160LBS

lwz9jss438kr.jpg
  • fitjulz40in12
    fitjulz40in12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Not sure why you're not smiling in the most recent pic! I would be, you look great! I'm just starting again, and I agree MFP is such an easy way to lose weight but for some reason I keep up for a few weeks and then fall off for a few months... I'm hoping this time I'll stick with it.

Don't worry about starting and dropping off - I did that for a number of months. And then - I found my groove and got committed. I've lost 45 pounds now - I thought it would be my goal weight, but I think I want 5-10 more. Just keep trying. You'll get there!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    mkpoh7c7775u.jpg

I posted this in its own thread but I'll share here. My 'journey' started and stopped at least 6 times between hitting my highest weight in 2011 (that I had measured, I know I weighed more in 2008/09 but refused to step on a scale) and finally having enough of going up and down the same 10 lbs in May 2014. I'm a slowwww loser but whatever goes I'm saying is gone for good. Started at 288.8 which is where I'm at in the first pictures on vacation. Second set is down to 237.4 in December 2015. I still have 54 lbs to hit my GW then I'll see what I want to do for an UGW. My best friend is getting married in July and I would love to be in onederland by then :).
  • jjoynilson
    jjoynilson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bscates84 wrote: »
    jami6045 wrote: »
    rd06ywmjljko.jpeg
    Ive went from 223 to 165 since Feb 2. Kinda took the summer off and back at it now.

ecm6rqn7fr37.jpeg

You look amazing, good job.. All these success stories really do help me.

So inspiring ! Thank u for posting.
  • jjoynilson
    jjoynilson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    gce1hr9ct347.jpg
    6abdu6h7ufac.jpg

I'm 5'7", and while I'm not at goal yet, I'm getting pretty close. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life, but especially in the last 10 years, particularly since I had kids. I had a very unhealthy relationship with food, and just felt lost when it came to weight loss, and felt trapped in my body. But I woke up one day and thought about how if I didn't alter the path I was on, I may not live long enough to watch my kids grow up...and I was also terrified they would follow in my footsteps. Since January 2015 I have lost over 86lbs simply through calorie counting and regular exercise. I'm 18lbs away from goal, which is exciting to me, because I started out 104lbs away from goal. I'm stronger, healthier, and happier! Starting weight was 263.8, current weight is 177.2.

Your amazing. Thank u for sharing your story
  • flaurier
    flaurier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im 5"7 and 153.. I started MFP to lose that last 10-15 pounds i kept on after pregnancy.. GW 140. You are all so inspirational. I come here for motivation. Thx!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    No pics yet. I started out a few years ago at 231, brought myself down to 145. I stopped tracking and gained a lot of it back. Fast forward to september 2015, we had baby #3, and I found myself back at...well I'm not entirely certain, I stopped looking after 215. Now I am sitting at 191, my goal is 150, and this time I will stay there.
  • jneitling
    jneitling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love to see everyone's success and the evidence of your hard work. Would love to also hear how you lost the weight.
  • rljbamp
    rljbamp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sarahat10 wrote: »
    Hey I'm 5'7" I started this path or a better lifestyle around March I was 4 months postpartum and was gaining weight so I knew I had to start somewhere. My husband had huge success using mfp and I knew I was ready for a real change so I downloaded the app and the rest is history! It has been so easy I don't know why this took me so long to do. I still ate all the things I love but though portion control a good kitchen scale and drinking water the weight actually flew off.

I'm so close to goal weight makes me want to work even harder and I have actually started running again. Love this app and the community I spent many times looking through success stories on days I needed to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. fmimjpadekor.jpg

Wow!!!!!

Look good keep goinggreat
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!