Cleanse diet.

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good body cleanse/detox.

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Your liver and kidneys do just fine.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    But seriously, you don't need to spend money on fad cleanses/detoxes. They don't do anything for you. Just eat at a deficit to lose weight.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    No
    Don't waste your time . its a joke.

What toxins or chemicals are you trying to remove ?
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    No
    Don't waste your time . its a joke.

What toxins or chemicals are you trying to remove ?

Exactly.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your body cleanses all by itself.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Detoxing is necessary for drug addicts and alcoholics trying to rid their system of the intoxicant. It's a brutal, often dangerous process that is, unfortunately, a necessary first step in breaking the physical addiction.

Chelation is a type of detox used to treat heavy metal poisoning. The process itself is dangerous and can be fatal if not properly administered.

Your body's digestive, excretory, and immune systems will handle any necessary filtration.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good old fashion straight water
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Eat regular food, drink fluids as usual. Ignore any off-the-wall cleansing advice.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hi there. This is a really frequently asked question. So frequently asked that we have this great post in the General Diet "must read" stickied posts to try and help. Have you checked those out yet? There's good information there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

The none necessary diet. :)

Just kidding. You kidneys and liver do all the work for you.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Your body detoxes itself! No need for anything further :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Detoxes and cleanses are just gimmicky scams to sell you snake oil.

Buy my book! Chia seed smoothies!

Buy my DVDs! Kale smoothies!

Buy my supplements! Green tea!

You get the picture.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    what all of the above have said.
    dont do it.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    unless you've been taking loads of drugs don't worry about it - detox for is a myth designed to sell books and magazines.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    So the general theme is - DON'T.
  • Ocelot73
    Ocelot73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. I didn't realize I'd get so many responses so quickly. I'm new here and this this is the type of motivation I need! Again, thanks.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. I didn't realize I'd get so many responses so quickly. I'm new here and this this is the type of motivation I need! Again, thanks.

Hi there !

We've all been new before. Some of us had to learn the hard way. Some have tried these fads and gimmick diets because we didn't know any better. Obviously, they don't work. If they did, we all wouldn't be here counting calories. Lol !
    Get yourself a food scale to start! Start by learning how to weigh all your foods and log them here accurately ( its harder then it sounds. Learning how to weigh properly is not easy, but is 100% worth the effort )
    Weight loss is about a calorie deficit. Eat less then you burn and you'll lose weight. Calories in - calories out.
    To make sure your actually eating less then you burn, (that's where the food scale comes into play) weighing and logging accurate is very important.
    Give it a few weeks and update us with your progress !
    Best of luck to you ! Remember, we've all been new here once. So don't be afraid to ask questions!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

You can do this! Set your goals up in MFP to lose weight, eat the amount of calories they give but be sure to weigh your food and log everything you eat for accuracy, and you will lose weight.
  • ElleMDoe
    ElleMDoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am all about natural cleanse and detox through eating healthy organic fruit, veggies and pseudo grains. I just don't refer to it as a cleanse but as a reset. For me personally I think it gives my liver a break from processing unhealthy choices. I try to go five-seven days out of the month where I eat a balanced diet that only involves fruit, veggies and pseudo grains (lentils or quinoa), and healthy fats (coconut oil, flaxseed oil, extra virgin olive oil). I use MFP to ensure I am getting enough calories usually I shoot for 1750-2000 range. I also allow myself to eat as much of fruit and veggies I want. I also start each day off of hot lemon water, and make sure to avoid dairy, nuts, meats, alcohol, sugar and processed foods for those seven days. I drink plenty of water throughout the day. By the end of the seven days I feel great, skin is healthier and my digestion system is on key. I don't believe in the detox kits and pills, and I truly believe that eating whole, healthy and organic helps your body eliminate toxins the natural way. Good Luck!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Wow