Cleanse diet.

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    klandry35 wrote: »
    Hi! I am all about natural cleanse and detox through eating healthy organic fruit, veggies and pseudo grains. I just don't refer to it as a cleanse but as a reset. For me personally I think it gives my liver a break from processing unhealthy choices. I try to go five-seven days out of the month where I eat a balanced diet that only involves fruit, veggies and pseudo grains (lentils or quinoa), and healthy fats (coconut oil, flaxseed oil, extra virgin olive oil). I use MFP to ensure I am getting enough calories usually I shoot for 1750-2000 range. I also allow myself to eat as much of fruit and veggies I want. I also start each day off of hot lemon water, and make sure to avoid dairy, nuts, meats, alcohol, sugar and processed foods for those seven days. I drink plenty of water throughout the day. By the end of the seven days I feel great, skin is healthier and my digestion system is on key. I don't believe in the detox kits and pills, and I truly believe that eating whole, healthy and organic helps your body eliminate toxins the natural way. Good Luck!!!

What toxins does it eliminate?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am all about natural cleanse and detox through eating healthy organic fruit, veggies and pseudo grains. I just don't refer to it as a cleanse but as a reset. For me personally I think it gives my liver a break from processing unhealthy choices. I try to go five-seven days out of the month where I eat a balanced diet that only involves fruit, veggies and pseudo grains (lentils or quinoa), and healthy fats (coconut oil, flaxseed oil, extra virgin olive oil). I use MFP to ensure I am getting enough calories usually I shoot for 1750-2000 range. I also allow myself to eat as much of fruit and veggies I want. I also start each day off of hot lemon water, and make sure to avoid dairy, nuts, meats, alcohol, sugar and processed foods for those seven days. I drink plenty of water throughout the day. By the end of the seven days I feel great, skin is healthier and my digestion system is on key. I don't believe in the detox kits and pills, and I truly believe that eating whole, healthy and organic helps your body eliminate toxins the natural way. Good Luck!!!

Well...at least you said "Hi!"
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

What toxins does this way of eating eliminate?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    That might be the strongest first post in the history of strong first posts. Wow doesn't even begin to describe it.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    That might be the strongest first post in the history of strong first posts. Wow doesn't even begin to describe it.

Strong 2,611th post!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i also need to know what toxins and then how i know when the toxins are gone. is there a test you guys do
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

You don't need any kind of special foods to eliminate toxins from your body. You body does just fine on it's own. Your skin was better probably because you were getting more of the vitamins that do that because you were eating healthier. It wasn't due to your body 'detoxing' or 'resetting'.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    i also need to know what toxins and then how i know when the toxins are gone. is there a test you guys do

Detoxing isn't real. That's why people trying to sell you "detoxes" are so vague about what specific toxins their product or diet will clear up. There is no test. Save your money.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

auto-9gag-1349867.jpeg
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

The questions asking about the toxins serve to illustrate the fact that no one ever answers that question. They don't know any specific toxins they are trying to eliminate, it's a just a vague term that sounds important.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

The questions asking about the toxins serve to illustrate the fact that no one ever answers that question. They don't know any specific toxins they are trying to eliminate, it's a just a vague term that sounds important.

one day someone will tell us. one day. i am really curious as i never detoxed before so just thinking what on earth is lurking in my bod that they are getting rid of. Going to ask my doctor for a toxin test.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

one day someone will tell us. one day. i am really curious as i never detoxed before so just thinking what on earth is lurking in my bod that they are getting rid of. Going to ask my doctor for a toxin test.

OK, clearly you are not understanding. It's a mythical boogey man. There are no toxins lurking in your body. Anything your body needs to rid itself of, it does so through bathroom visits and sweating and in an emergency, vomiting. You don't need a toxin test.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Go to the Church of Scientology and ask them to test your thetin levels. It's the same thing.

I assume.
  • ElleMDoe
    ElleMDoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have been more specific when I said toxins. I consider toxins such as sugars, alcohol and all the junk you find in processed foods (additives, preservative and chemicals). I believe that it is good to take a break from eating those kinds of food choices. I don't believe in cleanse or detox and do agree that they are big waste of money and time, but I do believe in eating in whole healthy natural food sources that is why I used the word "reset," because you are basically changing up your diet by making better food choices. Wishing you all the best of luck and support on your journey. :O)
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I guess I should have been more specific when I said toxins. I consider toxins such as sugars, alcohol and all the junk you find in processed foods (additives, preservative and chemicals). I believe that it is good to take a break from eating those kinds of food choices. I don't believe in cleanse or detox and do agree that they are big waste of money and time, but I do believe in eating in whole healthy natural food sources that is why I used the word "reset," because you are basically changing up your diet by making better food choices. Wishing you all the best of luck and support on your journey. :O)

You can "consider" and "believe" whatever you'd like, but it's unclear why anyone else should consider your beliefs as having a foundation in fact.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    So not "toxins," as, you know, "toxin" is defined.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

OK, clearly you are not understanding. It's a mythical boogey man. There are no toxins lurking in your body. Anything your body needs to rid itself of, it does so through bathroom visits and sweating and in an emergency, vomiting. You don't need a toxin test.

Pssst.... I think.... I could be wrong... but I think @Therealobi1 is being sarcastic and asking the same question we all ask... WHAT TOXINS!???
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I heard a radio commercial for something the other day that would get rid of all the "rotting food" in my system. That's a scary sounding thing! Until you realize that it's just another term for the digesting food and waste in your system THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. Your body is perfectly capable of removing it all by itself if you leave it alone to do its work.

And that's what most of these cleanse and detox systems do. They take perfectly ordinary things and add VERY SCARY LANGUAGE (tm) and a cool announcer voice to make you think that you need their product. Sugar won't kill you. Neither will junk food. And your body is perfectly capable of removing those things on its own. If you want to "take a break" from eating those foods, then fine. But if you truly consider them TOXINS or POISONS then why are you eating them in the first place? Could it be that they're not really that bad?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10202381/weight-loss-scams-and-how-to-spot-them
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I heard a radio commercial for something the other day that would get rid of all the "rotting food" in my system. That's a scary sounding thing! Until you realize that it's just another term for the digesting food and waste in your system THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. Your body is perfectly capable of removing it all by itself if you leave it alone to do its work.

And that's what most of these cleanse and detox systems do. They take perfectly ordinary things and add VERY SCARY LANGUAGE (tm) and a cool announcer voice to make you think that you need their product. Sugar won't kill you. Neither will junk food. And your body is perfectly capable of removing those things on its own. If you want to "take a break" from eating those foods, then fine. But if you truly consider them TOXINS or POISONS then why are you eating them in the first place? Could it be that they're not really that bad?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10202381/weight-loss-scams-and-how-to-spot-them

Hubby and I heard that too and I laughed out loud. Pretty sure rotting food in one's body would kill them...just sayin'
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

So, what are some of the chemical-free foods you do eat during your cleanse? What's your favorite sugar-free fruit?