Cleanse diet.

Options

Replies

• ElleMDoe
    ElleMDoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    klandry35 wrote: »
    I guess I should have been more specific when I said toxins. I consider toxins such as sugars, alcohol and all the junk you find in processed foods (additives, preservative and chemicals). I believe that it is good to take a break from eating those kinds of food choices. I don't believe in cleanse or detox and do agree that they are big waste of money and time, but I do believe in eating in whole healthy natural food sources that is why I used the word "reset," because you are basically changing up your diet by making better food choices. Wishing you all the best of luck and support on your journey. :O)

You can "consider" and "believe" whatever you'd like, but it's unclear why anyone else should consider your beliefs as having a foundation in fact.

To each their own. I just was offering support to another MFP member with something that works for me. Wishing you a great day and the best of luck on your MFP journey.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have been more specific when I said toxins. I consider toxins such as sugars, alcohol and all the junk you find in processed foods (additives, preservative and chemicals). I believe that it is good to take a break from eating those kinds of food choices. I don't believe in cleanse or detox and do agree that they are big waste of money and time, but I do believe in eating in whole healthy natural food sources that is why I used the word "reset," because you are basically changing up your diet by making better food choices. Wishing you all the best of luck and support on your journey. :O)

If these "better food choices" are so vastly superior than eating all those "toxins", then why do you only do it for 5-7 days out of the month?
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options

So, what are some of the chemical-free foods you do eat during your cleanse? What's your favorite sugar-free fruit?

I'd say water... or oxygen... but...
  • ElleMDoe
    ElleMDoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options

So, what are some of the chemical-free foods you do eat during your cleanse? What's your favorite sugar-free fruit?

Your funny! It's not a cleanse just a break from eating processed foods. I make a pretty good spaghetti squash and portabella mushroom burgers with lettuce. :O)
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Hydrogen+oxygen sounds like a chemical to me.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

You can "consider" and "believe" whatever you'd like, but it's unclear why anyone else should consider your beliefs as having a foundation in fact.

To each their own. I just was offering support to another MFP member with something that works for me. Wishing you a great day and the best of luck on your MFP journey.

Given the lack of clarity about what you consider a toxin and how this actually works for you, I'm not sure this qualifies as useful support. It's like answering a question about how I can learn to fly with an anecdote about how I like to put my shoes on my hands because it allows me to pretend that my feet are actually floating off the ground.

Detoxing isn't real. The fact that you consider sugar and "chemicals" (all chemicals, even those in vegetables?) to be toxins doesn't really address the main topic of the conversation.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Exactly.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said - save your money! your body already has all the equipment you need.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    i also need to know what toxins and then how i know when the toxins are gone. is there a test you guys do

The questions asking about the toxins serve to illustrate the fact that no one ever answers that question. They don't know any specific toxins they are trying to eliminate, it's a just a vague term that sounds important.

one day someone will tell us. one day. i am really curious as i never detoxed before so just thinking what on earth is lurking in my bod that they are getting rid of. Going to ask my doctor for a toxin test.

OK, clearly you are not understanding. It's a mythical boogey man. There are no toxins lurking in your body. Anything your body needs to rid itself of, it does so through bathroom visits and sweating and in an emergency, vomiting. You don't need a toxin test.

noooooooooooooooo i want to feel special and get a toxin test.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Your funny! It's not a cleanse just a break from eating processed foods. I make a pretty good spaghetti squash and portabella mushroom burgers with lettuce. :O)

Sorry, what are the chemical-free foods you're eating during your break?

Spaghetti squash has 2.76g of sugar per 100g serving. Lettuce has 1.19g per 100g serving, but I'll grant that you're probably not putting 100g of lettuce on a burger. Portabella has 2.5g of sugar per 100g. You're not doing a very good job of avoiding sugar with your cleanse break.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    i also need to know what toxins and then how i know when the toxins are gone. is there a test you guys do

It's the toxic baking soda chicken from KFC.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Best. Thread. Ever.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

winternet.jpg
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

4d.gif
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

oh my god but i just had kfc on friday i thought it was mcdonalds that was bad for you
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

oh my god but i just had kfc on friday i thought it was mcdonalds that was bad for you

No, no, no. McDonald's is healthy now.

KFC is the new evil incarnate.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    What about BK?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    What about BK?
    Flame-broiling beats frying 3:1.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    What about BK?
    Flame-broiling beats frying 3:1.

Doesn't flame broiling add toxins though?