Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sports your not really good at

happywithme12
happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
Ok so I decided since I was never very athletic in school that I wanted to try tennis, not for sport but for the exercise benefit and for fun. I was never very competative but I finally got to play with my husband and kids the other day and although I am not great at it, it was so much fun and I felt so energized afterward. Are there sports that you love to play but may not necessarily be great at, you just think its fun and thats the reason you do it.

Replies

• 1184cjs
    1184cjs Posts: 52 Member
    I've recently started playing volleyball which I had never played before (bit of a minority sport in the UK). I'm not particularly good at it but it's fun and the people I play with don't take it too seriously.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Any sport with rollerblades, or skates, or skies. They just look like a lot of fun but never really tried them.
  • happywithme12
    I love volleyball also i think its a lot of fun but i am not great at that either, I try to get my kids involved in sports because I kind of wish now that I am older that I would have gotten more involved. If i had then I may not have had the issues with my weight that I had.
  • happywithme12
    Any sport with rollerblades, or skates, or skies. They just look like a lot of fun but never really tried them.

you should try roller skating its a lot of fun, i take the kids a few times a year because they love it also
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    I had to scrape and claw for every second of playing time I got on my HS basketball team. It's still one of the most fun sports for me to play (though I only care for full court where I can outwork people).
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    All of them. I am really really bad at sports. Haha. I don't have an athletic bone in my body. I have a VERY mild form of cerebral palsy that leaves me tiring out very easily and zero hand eye coordination.

However.... If Skiiball was a sport I would be crowned queen of it.

I also really enjoy attempting to play basketball with my friends.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    I suck at bowling and tennis. I'm seriously awful!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    I am completely ungraceful and uncoordinated. Fortunately for me I was never a competitive person and don't care for most sports. However, I do love to Swim, roller skate or Ice skate. I swim a lot in the summer but having gone skating in forever. Thing is most sports are played in the heat of summer, I wither in the heat. Water though, keeps me comfortable. I could stay in the water all day long.

I have had fun hitting tennis balls against a wall, but since I miss the ball a lot, most of the time I walk around getting the ball and starting again, LOL.

I always figured the whole point of burning calories is to have fun doing it. So until I hurt my knee, I jumped rope. I have also hula hooped in my adult years. And I dance a lot.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    I'm generally pretty bad at all sports. I'm not very coordinated, and not naturally athletic. But I love team sports, and really enjoy playing softball, kickball, volleyball, and tennis.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I played all the sports in school, and sucked at every single one of them. It's a wonder I have good self-esteem. I have recently joined a slow pitch team. I haven't played baseball in 14 years! But I joined, and although I suck at batting, I rock the infield ;) The only sport I really do well in is lifting heavy weights and putting them back down. But then again, I don't compete.
  • happywithme12
    All of them. I am really really bad at sports. Haha. I don't have an athletic bone in my body. I have a VERY mild form of cerebral palsy that leaves me tiring out very easily and zero hand eye coordination.

However.... If Skiiball was a sport I would be crowned queen of it.

I also really enjoy attempting to play basketball with my friends.
    [/quote

as long as you try thats all that matters really
  • happywithme12
    I suck at bowling and tennis. I'm seriously awful!

LOL I am horrible at bowling to but I love to try, me and my dad used to bowl together and it was so much fun even though I am soooooooooooo bad at it
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    I've always been extremely uncoordinated (I've been known to trip over air), so I avoided sports like the plague. I mean, I rocked the kickball field when I was 12, but that was about it. I still avoid sports because I don't enjoy doing things I suck at, especially when I have to suck out in front of people who are actually talented.

Having said that, I started runnning about 2 months ago and I really enjoy that. I enjoy bike riding and rollerblading, not sure I'd classify those as sports, per se.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    I'm pretty bad at most sports. I have one skill in soccer (booting the ball far away), but I'm actually decent at badminton :)
  • happywithme12
    I am completely ungraceful and uncoordinated. Fortunately for me I was never a competitive person and don't care for most sports. However, I do love to Swim, roller skate or Ice skate. I swim a lot in the summer but having gone skating in forever. Thing is most sports are played in the heat of summer, I wither in the heat. Water though, keeps me comfortable. I could stay in the water all day long.

I have had fun hitting tennis balls against a wall, but since I miss the ball a lot, most of the time I walk around getting the ball and starting again, LOL.

I always figured the whole point of burning calories is to have fun doing it. So until I hurt my knee, I jumped rope. I have also hula hooped in my adult years. And I dance a lot.

i agree as long as you are getting the exercise part of it and having fun doing it then it doesn't matter if your good at it or not, i love trying all different stuff
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Raquetball! I don't even know the rules...I just like hitting the ball xD

But I love basketball when I play leisure games. I'm just god awful at it! haha
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    soccer. im not terrible but i play with my friends who all played it in HS so theyre a level above me to say the least
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Ok so I decided since I was never very athletic in school that I wanted to try tennis, not for sport but for the exercise benefit and for fun. I was never very competative but I finally got to play with my husband and kids the other day and although I am not great at it, it was so much fun and I felt so energized afterward. Are there sports that you love to play but may not necessarily be great at, you just think its fun and thats the reason you do it.

Tennis, too, here. Addictive and fun. Am terrible at it, though (had my 5th session on Saturday!). As a beginner I'm good (no probs with rallies, volleying, backhands etc) but if I go up against anyone who's played for a while, I'd get slaughtered. :-D
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    I picked up soccer for the first time at about 22 years old, and now play in an adult league. I'm still not very good, but its an activity that I enjoy and allows me to get outside my comfort zone and push myself.