Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sports your not really good at

Replies

• fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Not a sport, but dancing. I have taken a lot of dance classes as an adult, and I'm generally pretty uncoordinated, not very graceful. I'm usually the hippo in the back, but you know what? I love it, I have fun, I burn calories.

Yes that is me. fun but don't look good and who cares
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Basketball and Golf.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    If it involves some sort of spatial ability or basic kinethestics I'll probably suck at it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I suck at ALL THE SPORTS!

I like playing some sports, usually those that allow me to be aggressive. Is sex considered a sport?

OOOO yeah maybe there is some hope for us uncoordinated after all.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    I suck at tennis. Or any other sport but really tennis. I could put an eye out.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    I'm abnormally competitive. If I'm not good at it I move on.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,022 Member
    All of them! I am NOT athletic. I do enjoy volleyball, and really miss softball, though.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    I suck at ALL THE SPORTS!

I like playing some sports, usually those that allow me to be aggressive. Is sex considered a sport?

I would say yes sex is a sport so you can add that to a list of sports that you are good at LOL

YES! That's what I was hoping. Now I can say that I'm actually good at a sport! :bigsmile:
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Tat2dDom0105 Posts: 661
    I have to go with basketball. Can't dribble to save my life....
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Any sport that involves a ball is a sport I want nothing to do with! I tend to turn and/or duck when a ball flies in my direction. This made me bad at tennis, soccer, volleyball, basketball, football, softball, etc.

I always liked running, swimming, rowing crew and equestrian though!
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    I am good at sport where I am moving as in skiing rollerbladng swimming and gymnastics(when younger) but sports where something like a ball is moving at me I bite like tennis basketball baseball i saw the ball but I swear I had a hole in the glove or racket or my hands.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I confess that I only do sports I'm good at, which has always been most of them. However I particularly suck at basketball, which I never play. I love skiing, which came completely naturally to me and feels fantastic.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    running.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Golf
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I am super athletic and was blessed with above average coordination and proprioception, which has allowed me to pick up just about any sport. However....bowling. Yeah, no clue what it is but I just suck at it.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    I suck at basketball lol I couldnt get a basket if my life depended on it! Gimme ice skates a stick and puck and ill rock your world!
  • Yup, basketball for me too. I'll make maybe 10 of 100 free throws.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Basketball. Being vertically challenged doesn't help.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Any sport with rollerblades, or skates, or skies. They just look like a lot of fun but never really tried them.

you should try roller skating its a lot of fun, i take the kids a few times a year because they love it also

I probably was afraid of trying before for being bigger and worried about falling and getting hurt. I guess I should try now.
  • I can't bowl worth a flip and I can't play golf. Basically, I have no patience. It's gonna be a long game because I will get angry. Then you have me ninety over par.

Also, anything involving skating and tricks. I can inline and roller skate, but I can't do any ramp jumps or skateboard or anything. I have no tolerance for height. And my balance is hilarious.

As for things that I enjoy but am not quite there with: running and definitely tennis. Or baseball. Really, I only swam in high school, so there's lots of room for improvement in all areas. But it's rapid, and free of pressure.