Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sports your not really good at

Replies

• happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    I've always been extremely uncoordinated (I've been known to trip over air), so I avoided sports like the plague. I mean, I rocked the kickball field when I was 12, but that was about it. I still avoid sports because I don't enjoy doing things I suck at, especially when I have to suck out in front of people who are actually talented.

Having said that, I started runnning about 2 months ago and I really enjoy that. I enjoy bike riding and rollerblading, not sure I'd classify those as sports, per se.

I would consider them sports and your getting a good workout doing them and that is a big part of it
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Let me count the ways.....
    Basketball? sucked.
    Baseball? Sucked.
    Football? Sucked.
    Played one season of JV soccer my senior year of high school. Sucked. But not as bad as the others.

It really sucked growing up the only non-jock in a family of jocks. What made it worse was having a father who took it as a personal insult that I was not a jock and never let me forget it. Oh, and I was his first son making it that much worse.

As an adult, I am the only one of my siblings who earned a black belt in martial arts(2nd dan). I also can far out swim any of my siblings.
    My father died before seeing any of these accomplishments. Not that it mattered. When he passed, I finally figured out I would never be able to do anything that made him proud of me.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Raquetball! I don't even know the rules...I just like hitting the ball xD

this!.
    so much fun
  • happywithme12

But I love basketball when I play leisure games. I'm just god awful at it! haha

In high school at lunch we used to play beat the crap out of eachother for fun basketball LOL that was the best cause we were all bad but it was so much fun
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member

But I love basketball when I play leisure games. I'm just god awful at it! haha

^^This. I still have nightmares from high school raquetball.
  • happywithme12
    I picked up soccer for the first time at about 22 years old, and now play in an adult league. I'm still not very good, but its an activity that I enjoy and allows me to get outside my comfort zone and push myself.

hey at least you keep at it and don't give up just cause your not great at it and thats a great trait to have
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    I'm terrible at all sports.

I think a game I could get into is Ultimate Frisbee. I like throwing a frisbee around, so UF would be kind of neat to try.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    I can play volleyball, and I'm actually pretty good practicing TaeKwonDo, and I'm a good swimmer. Other than that, I'm uncoordinated and slow.. lol

I tried tennis with my cousin a few years ago. I don't think I got to the ball in time once!! hahah
    Basketball, the ball bounced up and hit my nose. Felt like my nose flipped inside out (LOL).. stayed away from that
    Hockey/anything on the ice - I can't skate .. so nope! lol

**ETA - Squash!! I love hitting the ball. We never actually played it, but we hurled the ball at each other to see how fast you could move hahahha
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Sports I'm not really good at? Um all of them! I'm not much of a sporty person!
  • happywithme12
    Let me count the ways.....
    Basketball? sucked.
    Baseball? Sucked.
    Football? Sucked.
    Played one season of JV soccer my senior year of high school. Sucked. But not as bad as the others.

It really sucked growing up the only non-jock in a family of jocks. What made it worse was having a father who took it as a personal insult that I was not a jock and never let me forget it. Oh, and I was his first son making it that much worse.

As an adult, I am the only one of my siblings who earned a black belt in martial arts(2nd dan). I also can far out swim any of my siblings.
    My father died before seeing any of these accomplishments. Not that it mattered. When he passed, I finally figured out I would never be able to do anything that made him proud of me.

I know how that goes my brother was star pitcher in high school and popular with girls and guys and i was the fat little sister that was not great at anything but the funny part is that both of my parents have discovered what a jerk he is and i am now the favorite child. My mom didn't want a girl and made that known to me as a kid and that was rough but now she is closer to me than him, you just never know how your life or yourself can change. I think all that I went through has made me stronger inside and out, I now have a husband that I have been married to for almost 15 years and 3 beautiful children so I think i turned out pretty good considering and i hope that you feel the same for yourself.
  • happywithme12
    I'm terrible at all sports.

I think a game I could get into is Ultimate Frisbee. I like throwing a frisbee around, so UF would be kind of neat to try.

Well that requires a lot of running to catch it so still great exercise!!!!!!!!!
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Basket ball i suckkkk
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    I suck at ALL THE SPORTS!

I like playing some sports, usually those that allow me to be aggressive. Is sex considered a sport?
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    I wouldn't say that I'm a great skier but I try to go every year because I love it. I was great at it when I was younger but as I get older I get more and more afraid lol.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Any sport with rollerblades, or skates, or skies. They just look like a lot of fun but never really tried them.

Sports with skies are hard. The only ones I canm think of are sky diving, base jumping and wing suit jumping
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I play both flag football and softball. Started playing them again about a year a go. I started out being horrible but I am up to okay now but I get lots of practice and have people that will "coach" me.
  • happywithme12
    I suck at ALL THE SPORTS!

I like playing some sports, usually those that allow me to be aggressive. Is sex considered a sport?

I would say yes sex is a sport so you can add that to a list of sports that you are good at LOL
  • happywithme12
    Any sport with rollerblades, or skates, or skies. They just look like a lot of fun but never really tried them.

Sports with skies are hard. The only ones I canm think of are sky diving, base jumping and wing suit jumping

I wish I could do those but I seem to have this internal fear of heights that I cant seem to get rid of or do anything about and Im not sure why
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,649 Member
    The only sports I dont like/hate are the ones I was horrible at. Those were basketball, tennis and soccer. Basketball was the worst for me.

I really loved softball, bowling, volleyball, floor hockey, football and badmitton. I wasn't great at any of these but I could hold my own I guess. Probably several others I cant think of.

Still love to play volleyball whenever we can get a game started up. Usually dont keep score, its for fun when everyone sucks at it LOL. Planning to take the volleyball/badmitton set with us on our camping vacation next week and plan to burn some major calories with many pick-up games!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Not a sport, but dancing. I have taken a lot of dance classes as an adult, and I'm generally pretty uncoordinated, not very graceful. I'm usually the hippo in the back, but you know what? I love it, I have fun, I burn calories.