Females building muscle

Options

Replies

• ayeshasibrahim216
    Options
    Looking to add some fellow females working on building muscle

I have the same goal and just downloaded this app.

Add me :)

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    grapaj wrote: »
    Sorry, I quoted my post instead of posting. So...reposting..

So, just to avoid disappearing into a neverending google search....you'd suggest I just hang out at maintenance, keep lifting and eventually some of the padding should go away?
    And.....I calculated maintenance around 1700 (age 40.5/height 5'1"/weight 138/heavy lifting 3x a week).
    Seem right??
    and...THANK YOU!

Yeah. Though with your stats, you might want to continue to lose at .5lbs per week for a little while as well. But yes, if you eat at maintenance and lift you will lean out a bit. It's a pretty slow process. I did not have the patience for it. Calories sound about right. Is that what MFP gave you for maintenance? You have the data. If you were losing .5lbs per week eating 1450, then 1700 would make sense for maintenance.
  • RGreenthumb
    RGreenthumb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well I am feeling very fluffy indeed at the moment and I'm supposed to keep going until Easter. I'm desperately trying to convince myself to keep going as I've only done a few months and I don't want to end up yo-yoing and not actually building any real muscle. My arms and hamstrings do feel bigger on a good way, so I'm clinging to that!
  • eaweide
    eaweide Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm working on gaining more strength and building muscle. I'd love to have friends with similar goals!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Well I am feeling very fluffy indeed at the moment and I'm supposed to keep going until Easter. I'm desperately trying to convince myself to keep going as I've only done a few months and I don't want to end up yo-yoing and not actually building any real muscle. My arms and hamstrings do feel bigger on a good way, so I'm clinging to that!

Keep going! I'm in the same boat. I think I have 4 more weeks left in me. I'll push it to 6 if I'm feel okay. My stomach is like...whoa. I'm starting to have a little trouble dressing myself when I want to go out and look nice :( When I'm at the gym though, it's totally worth it-I feel strong.
  • RGreenthumb
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Keep going! I'm in the same boat. I think I have 4 more weeks left in me. I'll push it to 6 if I'm feel okay. My stomach is like...whoa. I'm starting to have a little trouble dressing myself when I want to go out and look nice :( When I'm at the gym though, it's totally worth it-I feel strong.

You're right. Had an amazing lower body session yesterday so the strength is worth it. Plus I ended up with takeaway three days in a row, which probably didn't help the fluffy feeling!
  • arditarose
    Options

You're right. Had an amazing lower body session yesterday so the strength is worth it. Plus I ended up with takeaway three days in a row, which probably didn't help the fluffy feeling!

Ha! Same boat. I had a super high carb day, followed by a normal extremely salty day, and the scale read 142 yesterday morning...like 14lbs heavier than my start weight 3 months ago!!! But at the gym I felt fine :)

Are you around that time in your cycle? I tend to lean out before ovulation. It's nice but lasts like 4 days lol
  • RGreenthumb
    Options
    Keep going! I'm in the same boat. I think I have 4 more weeks left in me. I'll push it to 6 if I'm feel okay. My stomach is like...whoa. I'm starting to have a little the fluffy feeling!

Ha! Same boat. I had a super high carb day, followed by a normal extremely salty day, and the scale read 142 yesterday morning...like 14lbs heavier than my start weight 3 months ago!!! But at the gym I felt fine :)

Are you around that time in your cycle? I tend to lean out before ovulation. It's nice but lasts like 4 days lol[/quote]

I'll look out for that! I've not dared to weigh myself this morning as I know the pizza will have made its temporary mark and I'll get annoyed. I have noticed that my hips definitely haven't gained as much width as they usually do when I gain weight. Usually it's the first place to expand. I'm taking this to mean it's going elsewhere and taking the form of muscle. (I'm sure that's scientifically wrong but it makes me feel better!)
  • RGreenthumb
    Options
    Damn! Messed up my quoting there!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Keep going! I'm in the same boat. I think I have 4 more weeks left in me. I'll push it to 6 if I'm feel okay. My stomach is like...whoa. I'm starting to have a little the fluffy feeling!

Are you around that time in your cycle? I tend to lean out before ovulation. It's nice but lasts like 4 days lol

I'll look out for that! I've not dared to weigh myself this morning as I know the pizza will have made its temporary mark and I'll get annoyed. I have noticed that my hips definitely haven't gained as much width as they usually do when I gain weight. Usually it's the first place to expand. I'm taking this to mean it's going elsewhere and taking the form of muscle. (I'm sure that's scientifically wrong but it makes me feel better!)
    [/quote]

Yeah. I feel like it has to be a good sign if you're putting weight back on differently while gaining/lifting.
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I weighed 3lbs more today than Friday
  • jennjenn760
    jennjenn760 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this one! I've been in a bulk for about 6 weeks and I've gained about 5-7 lbs..(damn water weight fluctuations) normal weight is between 115-118 lowest body fat% I was at 13% before I started bulking I was at about 16_17% in maintance. currently 123-124lbs about 19% fat at 5"3 and I'm feeling quite fluffy. I have another 4-5 weeks before I hire my trainer back to cut the fat off (btw-i only hire my trainer during cuts because knowing I spent money makes me stick to it, plus it's more motivating to me). It's been hard because all my clothes are uncomfortable but just hanging in there in hopes there's a better foundation under this softness... Feel free to add me!
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Glad to know I'm not the only one gaining weight back in different areas. My love handles and butt usually carry the most fat, but they are the two places that currently aren't changing. Only two months in, so eventually I'm sure some fat will hit those places soon too.
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I'd love some friends who are into muscle gains. I'm Hanah, 19.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Hi ladies...I'm bored. Anyone have any interesting turn of events or victories lately?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...I'm bored. Anyone have any interesting turn of events or victories lately?

I got fat LOL- so it feels- and yet someone still commented on IG that they were 'mirin my abs.

I was like-wait wut?? LOL

not really news- but there you go.

I have another 4 weeks I think of my bulk to go- at least through march. GO GO GO EAT ALL THE FOODS!!!!
  • sdahir
    sdahir Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Im bulking till May, so at the moment my days consist of eating eating and muscle gain. Feel free to add me ! Its good to read there are so many women bulking! Love it
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    add me
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! *waves arms in air* Just went from leg pressing 110 lbs. to maxing out at 365 lbs. and repping 230 lbs. in a 4-month span! Definitely gaining muscle!
  • arditarose
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I got fat LOL- so it feels- and yet someone still commented on IG that they were 'mirin my abs.

I was like-wait wut?? LOL

not really news- but there you go.

I have another 4 weeks I think of my bulk to go- at least through march. GO GO GO EAT ALL THE FOODS!!!!

Ditto. I'm feeling large and in charge. Had a high reading on the scale today and my stomach doesn't look ANYTHING like it does in my profile pic...and that was only 4 days ago. Trying to push through at least another 4 weeks as well.