Options
13»

Replies

• carolgrn
    carolgrn Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I don't anyone has mentioned
    Kale
    It is bitter to many people, but low cost and Very Healthy. Take the leaves off the stems (toss stems into compost) and chop the leaves very thin.

Have you tried the green ends (chives) only of the green onions? My husband doesn't like raw onion, but will eat these.
  • KatFru
    KatFru Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You know what is surprisingly good together? Fried onion strings and strawberries in Gerads Champagne dressing! Always makes me think of strawberry cheesecake when i take a bite with both items on my fork! lol
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love goat cheese, presteamed beets sliced, jicama, roasted pumpkin seeds or other nuts, poached or hard boiled eggs, cucumbers, red onions, bell peppers, any kind of beans, bacon, I really like the yogurt dressings, they don't taste gross like the regular light dressings and are about 1/3 the calories of regular. .
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I love cooked ground turkey, roasted butternut squash, almonds, dried cranberries and a strawberry vinaigrette on mixed greens. A close second is roasted zucchini, red peppers with grilled chicken on mixed greens with balsamic.

Also, like a kale salad with shredded carrots, almond slivers, grilled chicken, oranges with a sesame dressing. Another tasty kale salad I like has: quinoa, almonds, parmesan, raisins, lemon vinaigrette with grilled chicken.

With Arugula, I like strawberries, a little goat cheese, almond slivers, ground turkey and balsamic.

Theses are my favorites but there are endless possibilities!! Its just about matching the flavors :)
  • nbottin
    nbottin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lentils!!!! You can buy cooked lentils at trader joes. You should definitely try shredded organic rainbow carrots, game changer! They have to be organic though! Also hemp seeds (high in protein) or dried fruit such as cranberries or blueberries. Toss in some fresh herbs like mint or basil
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    A salad can be whatever you want it to be, it isn't set in stone. For example, I hate lettuce (seriously, is it even food?!) so I have extra cucumber and a whole avocado to bulk it out instead. The other posters have come up with some great lists of ingredients, so try a few different ones and find what works for you :) personally, I like to add sweetcorn, tomatoes, grated carrot, roasted sweet potato, red onion, feta cheese... Mmm!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Corn, mushrooms, cheese, deli meats, chicken, grilled fish, canned tuna/salmon, beans, lentils, prawns, tomatoes, beets, olives, diced boiled potatoes, carrot, nuts, croutons, avocados.
    Probably forgetting about 100 more things :)