What is your passion?

Options

Replies

• moijo1
    moijo1 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    fashion beauty art photography music, anything creative.
  • moijo1
    moijo1 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    As my husband is screaming about the mets, I thought about how I am not really passionate about anything. I have things I like but nothing I'm passionate about (except my kids). Maybe this is why I overate for years and gained weight. I've lost most of it but still struggle to stay within my limits.

Just curious, what are you all passionate about?

Just wanted to say, if you have devoted your life to your children , it's very easy to lose yourself. I did, but remember you have to be yourself too take time for yourself.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    the family and home I've made. It used to be my work, my friends, clothes. Those things are all still important to me but I'm not at all sad that now my kids and husband are my main focus!!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    minie_me wrote: »
    As my husband is screaming about the mets, I thought about how I am not really passionate about anything. I have things I like but nothing I'm passionate about (except my kids). Maybe this is why I overate for years and gained weight. I've lost most of it but still struggle to stay within my limits.

Just wanted to say, if you have devoted your life to your children , it's very easy to lose yourself. I did, but remember you have to be yourself too take time for yourself.

I agree! As a mother of 4 , I think we can say "my family is my passion" but when you are caring for you only, and fulfilling your life's purpose (not your life's work) It takes a bit more thought. We have to nurture ourselves as individuals as well as caring for our families.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I have a new found passion for golf. I have only played for 5 months and I am addicted.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My passion, is pottery and ceramic art. I have work that I need to make before i die. I just hope I get time to do it between all the duties of mothering and care for the family.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Another Mets fan here!!!!
    We went to the Mets vs Cubs game last night and it was amazing-just like the Amazings themselves!!!
    LGM
    LGM
    LGM!!!!!!!

As a Cardinals fan, I am rooting for the Mets with you
    As a child of the 80s, I never thought I would say that :)
  • Alidecker
    Options
    I have to say, I have more interests than passions.

I love baking, I love working out (most of the time), I go through times when I love to read, I love to scrapbook...however I don't have the desire to do these things every day! So, I don't think I would call them passions.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Teaching elementary kids art, well.. Art, and video games. And learning. I absolutely love learning new things and strategies to tackle daily life.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Cooking/baking, hiking, travel, and personal finance.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I used to feel the same. I also just felt empty inside in general. Someone could ask me "what would your dream job be?" "If you could do anything you want for a living, what would it be?" And i would just stare blankly. I didn't know.

I followed a few exercises in the below video, and not just watched it. I really did it and put effort into it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpe-LKn-4gM

Slowly but surely I started to realize that the things i enjoy and am passionate about are all around me. I decided to start following my own interests, making time to dedicate myself and finding and trying new things. Once i started actually making time for myself and being serious about doing little things that make me happy, it was like a snowball effect.

It takes some real deep soul searching, my suggestions would be to do the following:
    Look back to the time you were a child. What did you enjoy?
    What makes you happy now?
    What makes you UNhappy? And why? (This can be helpful to point you in the direction of what you Do prefer)

My passions?
    I like fitness training and gymnastics.
    I love taking baths and anything remotely similar to spa-like stuff. Lush baths, lotions, etc.
    I love anything that smells amazing like candles, wax melts, incense.
    I love reading fiction (recently re-started this passion first through audiobooks then reading)
    I love anime and manga.
    I love drawing and art.

Start small, maybe it's something like playing board games, coloring, reading, a sport, music, etc.

Edited to add: You might also want to look into symptoms of depression as that empty feeling may be a result of that.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options

I agree but I haven't devoted my life to my kids. I worked for 6 years (and only recently left to be a stay at home mom). I devoted most of my hours to a boring job. I love being home now and have interests but nothing I am excited about.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options

I agree but I haven't devoted my life to my kids. I worked for 6 years (and only recently left to be a stay at home mom). I devoted most of my hours to a boring job. I love being home now and have interests but nothing I am excited about.

I meant I was a working parent for 6 years (many more years just plain working. )
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    We went to the Mets vs Cubs game last night and it was amazing-just like the Amazings themselves!!!
    LGM
    LGM
    LGM!!!!!!!

Cardinals are a great team! Best record in baseball! It could have been Cardinals and Mets!
    Baseball is one of my passions. I've been a loyal Mets fan for over 40 years, and I've been through it all with them, but I love the game itself. I grew up in Queens, NY so in the shadow of Shea. Citifield is a beautiful ballpark and the excitement there now during the games is electric!
  • healthygreek
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    That thing people have with sports - I don't get it. I have never understood why they care, why they attach to a baseball team and have actual emotional responses to the outcome of the game. If you know the players, sure. You know how they're feeling, you can read their face, you want them to win because it's important to them.

Why people who don't know those guys care? You got me. I've asked, but nobody has ever explained it in a way that made sense.

I guess decorating the house, but I don't stress about it or go to a home show and paint my body in the home show colors and scream about things I don't like as sports fans do

I have to assume that some of that loyalty is alcohol-based, but it exists without the beer, too. I don't get it.

Studies show that sports fans are happier and with greater feelings of well being, and even more social than the general population! Mets fans are an exceptionally happy bunch even in the midst of an awful season-much happier than Yankee fans!
    All I know is I love the Mets and the game of baseball itself and it has NOTHING to do with alcohol consumption, which in my opinion is a pretty ignorant thing to say!
    Being passionate about something is lovely and fulfilling-I'm sorry you haven't found that joy.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am passionate about traveling. I pretty much plan a mini vacation every month. Each year I plan one big trip to a country or place that I have never been to. Sometimes two trips if I can fit them in. Next Jan-Feb it will be Paris and Italy.
  • serouppet
    serouppet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Backpacking :)
  • Alidecker
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    That thing people have with sports - I don't get it. I have never understood why they care, why they attach to a baseball team and have actual emotional responses to the outcome of the game. If you know the players, sure. You know how they're feeling, you can read their face, you want them to win because it's important to them.

Why people who don't know those guys care? You got me. I've asked, but nobody has ever explained it in a way that made sense.

I guess decorating the house, but I don't stress about it or go to a home show and paint my body in the home show colors and scream about things I don't like as sports fans do

I have to assume that some of that loyalty is alcohol-based, but it exists without the beer, too. I don't get it.

Studies show that sports fans are happier and with greater feelings of well being, and even more social than the general population! Mets fans are an exceptionally happy bunch even in the midst of an awful season-much happier than Yankee fans!
    All I know is I love the Mets and the game of baseball itself and it has NOTHING to do with alcohol consumption, which in my opinion is a pretty ignorant thing to say!
    Being passionate about something is lovely and fulfilling-I'm sorry you haven't found that joy.

I agree with you on the alcohol consumption part, it can be part of your trip to the ballpark, but I don't think that is what makes people passionate about it. I get excited when I take my nephew to the ballpark and make a point to do that every year. When the Cardinals are playing, you are friends with all the other Cardinal fans in the stadium. Opening day is like a holiday in St. Louis. I guess I can say I am passionate about them :)
  • Alidecker
    Options
    LGM
    LGM
    LGM!!!!!!!

Cardinals are a great team! Best record in baseball! It could have been Cardinals and Mets!
    Baseball is one of my passions. I've been a loyal Mets fan for over 40 years, and I've been through it all with them, but I love the game itself. I grew up in Queens, NY so in the shadow of Shea. Citifield is a beautiful ballpark and the excitement there now during the games is electric!

Well, most people I know in St. Louis are rooting for your boys! I thought maybe I would root for the Cubbies, but when the time got here, I could not break the way I was raised:)
  • healthygreek
    Options
    LGM
    LGM
    LGM!!!!!!!

Well, most people I know in St. Louis are rooting for your boys! I thought maybe I would root for the Cubbies, but when the time got here, I could not break the way I was raised:)

Thanks for your support!
    I know what you're saying about not being able to root for the Cubbies; I kinda feel the same way about the Yankees;-)