Watermelon Oreos

Options
Have any of you tried them? They look pretty good but I could see how a watermelon flavored Oreo wouldn't taste good.
87808c5071460ce3a857b7c234b6cf95_zpsa0804070.jpg

11849aa3b8e36754ee30da1ad43546c9_zpsdc62a5d1.jpg

Replies

• mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    They were eating them on my local morning news show the other day, and their reviews weren't that great.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    :sick: I can't image that would be good.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    The reviews I read said that their first reaction was NOT to swallow because it tastes like gum.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Yes, I bought these. They taste like oreos, only watermelon.

Not worth the 75 calories, but amusing.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    -But I DID read that there was a special edition "Birthday Cake" Oreo out at one point in time. It's probably a good thing that I was completely unaware of it. THOSE were reported as delish!
  • milesvictors
    milesvictors Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Years and years ago they had a flavor that had pop-rocks in the filling, so when you ate them it would crackle in your mouth. LOVED those! Too bad all flavors are terrible for you!
  • REDROBE_69
    REDROBE_69 Posts: 48
    Options
    I was told that they taste like, HUBBA BUBBA!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I got nothing but Ew on this one.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    An Oreo isn't an Oreo, unless it's chocolate, and only edible after being dunked in milk.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    -But I DID read that there was a special edition "Birthday Cake" Oreo out at one point in time. It's probably a good thing that I was completely unaware of it. THOSE were reported as delish!

Wait.. what?!?!

I loved the ones with the neon centers. My son is crazy sensitive to food dies, so I'm glad I knew what they were before having children. haha
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Yeah...these were amazing. My boyfriends mother bought them. She's mean. And wonderful.
  • mattdog02
    mattdog02 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    These are like bacon cupcakes, amazing in theory, not so great in reality.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with peanut butter oreos, tyvm.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who tried them and said NEVAH AGAIN!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    As much as I like the actual watermelon fruit, things that are flavored to taste like watermelon seldom do. The very smell of artificial watermelon makes me want to gag. I always hated when my daughter would chew the dang gum. YUCK! What was the Oreo company thinking?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    OMFG! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Thank you for sharing!!!!

I love oreos. I ate 30 of them the day I hit goal.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I TRIED THEM!

Tasted like sucking a watermelon Jolly Rancher, then immediately eating a vanilla Oreo.

Or, chewing watermelon bubble gum, spitting it out and eating the cookie. Not disgusting, but not the worst food I've ever tasted.

No, I don't need any more.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    the watermelon ones look disgusting, but the Neapolitan ones are awesome. My all time faves were the Uh Oh Oreos - vanilla cookies with chocolate inside. Nom
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options

Regarding the birthday cake ones - they ARE delicious!! I think I prefer the golden ones vs. the chocolate. My BF and I have been good about having them in the house.... 2 for a dessert with lunch only. They're not so bad (in terms of breaking the calorie bank) if you limit yourself to the serving size.

I haven't had the watermelon ones, but they don't sound appealing at all. I saw rainbow sherbert ones in my local store, and those were somewhat intriguing.. but I passed on them and haven't seen them again.
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who would do pretty much anything for an oreo... I am gonna pass. Yucky.