Watermelon Oreos

Options

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I tried them and they were okay. did you guys every try the candy corn Oreo?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Dear Nabisco:

Please stop getting cute, and just go back to making regular Oreos. If you must resort to a gimmick, just try making them a lot bigger, like big enough to dip in a mixing bowl full of milk.

Thanks,
    My deeply concerned inner fatty
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    -But I DID read that there was a special edition "Birthday Cake" Oreo out at one point in time. It's probably a good thing that I was completely unaware of it. THOSE were reported as delish!

These are delish! I took a pack to the midweek busy times birthday visit of someone who did not want a big fanfare for his birthday. I put them in the bag with his modest gift of soaps and when he saw them he was curious and when he ate one the biggest smile went across his face when he said "Whoa, these are really really good. They taste just like birthday cake, how did they do that?" And proceeded to share them with everyone and eat a bunch more. They saved the day for someone who was feeling down on himself for his birthday and for whom a big old cake would have been too too much.

As for the watermelon one's thanks for the idea, I am making "Prank Party favors" for an upcoming party and those are intriguing enough to get included. I needed a food item for the goody bags and loved how someone said their first instinct was not to swallow it since it tastes like gum. That's funny.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    These are like bacon cupcakes, amazing in theory, not so great in reality.

I respectfully disagree.

I read two reviews of the watermelon Oreos, and both said that they were suprisingly NOT as sweet and artificial as expected. Oreos they are not, but they might be tasty if you are into that sort of flavor profile.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    -But I DID read that there was a special edition "Birthday Cake" Oreo out at one point in time. It's probably a good thing that I was completely unaware of it. THOSE were reported as delish!

Yeah...these were amazing. My boyfriends mother bought them. She's mean. And wonderful.

Wait, what? Are you dating my son?
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Just NO!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Dear Nabisco:

Please stop getting cute, and just go back to making regular Oreos. If you must resort to a gimmick, just try making them a lot bigger, like big enough to dip in a mixing bowl full of milk.

Thanks,
    My deeply concerned inner fatty

OR double decker instead of double stuffed. Like a big mac with an extra bread in the middle or a club sandwich.

Oreo, filling, oreo, filling and more oreo. Yeah that's good.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Oreos are a lot like Pop Tarts when it comes to limited edition flavors. some are hits and some are misses.

m225849881.jpg

m225849882.jpg

m225849885.jpg

m225849890.jpg

m225849891.jpg
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    m225849891.jpg

omg omg omg...oreo flavored oreos!!!
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    Tasted like sucking a watermelon Jolly Rancher, then immediately eating a vanilla Oreo.

Huh.

I can't imagine why I would want those two things to go together.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    m225849891.jpg

omg omg omg...oreo flavored oreos!!!

:laugh:

yes, the rabbit hole goes pretty deep...

pills.jpg
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    THESE are lovely. They usually have them out here around Christmas time.

tumblr_mdo0r6HbL11qhfyymo1_500.jpg
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I thought that the creme actually tasted very similar to jolly rancher watermelon. They weren't sickeningly sweet.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I do not care for oreos. I find them disappointing. I know you will all judge me, but I shall stick to my convictions and be someone worthy of your respect and admiration.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    These are like bacon cupcakes, amazing in theory, not so great in reality.

Ummm...you have not had the bacon cupcake experience I have had, apparently....
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    ...nothing to see here...
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I do not care for oreos. I find them disappointing. I know you will all judge me, but I shall stick to my convictions and be someone worthy of your respect and admiration.

This, this! A million times, this! I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you, my hairy sister in good taste.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

This, this! A million times, this! I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you, my hairy sister in good taste.

Thank you for this public display of support for The Cause!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    RE: Watermelon Oreos

I imagine that they taste like if I was chewing some sort of watermelon bubblegum (you know, that doesn't really taste like watermelon) and decided to also take a bite of some sort of vanilla cookie. So not only does the taste combo make me think "ewwwwww" but now I have cookie pieces stuck in my gum.