Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Watermelon Oreos

Options

Replies

• xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    -But I DID read that there was a special edition "Birthday Cake" Oreo out at one point in time. It's probably a good thing that I was completely unaware of it. THOSE were reported as delish!

They still make them, I just picked up 2 packs earlier today! :)
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I liked them.
    Watermelon nerds are pretty much my favorite candy so even though I don't normally buy or eat cookies I picked these up. The cashier at Target said he loved watermelon candy as well so he would check them out.

I thought they were good. I don't think that the flavor was too strong even if just eating the middle. I preferred eating the whole cookie though. I made sure to share with everyone so that I didn't eat more than I had planned.

I think the "ew" factor for people that haven't tried them is thinking of a normal oreo then thinking of watermelon. Don't even think oreo - think vanilla cookie with watermelon filling. Sounds a lot more appealing.

I probably won't get again because I don't have a big sweet tooth and cookies tend to get stale at my house, but if I do have a craving I can get some and give away the rest again.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    After searching for months and then trying the candy corn oreos I am totally over flavored oreos.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    After searching for months and then trying the candy corn oreos I am totally over flavored oreos.

Two wrongs definitely don't make a right.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    These are like bacon cupcakes, amazing in theory, not so great in reality.

Don't talk s*** about bacon cupcakes.

Or chocolate-covered bacon, for that matter.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    OUT
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I do not care for oreos. I find them disappointing. I know you will all judge me, but I shall stick to my convictions and be someone worthy of your respect and admiration.

This, this! A million times, this! I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you, my hairy sister in good taste.

Thank you for this public display of support for The Cause!

There's a war brewing and it's going to get ugly . . . :bigsmile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I do not care for oreos. I find them disappointing. I know you will all judge me, but I shall stick to my convictions and be someone worthy of your respect and admiration.

This, this! A million times, this! I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you, my hairy sister in good taste.

Thank you for this public display of support for The Cause!

There's a war brewing and it's going to get ugly . . . :bigsmile:

I will officially take the side of Oreowarrior.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have the theme song and carrier vehicle ready.

can-t-fight-this-feeling_263206-450x.gif
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried them? They look pretty good but I could see how a watermelon flavored Oreo wouldn't taste good.
    87808c5071460ce3a857b7c234b6cf95_zpsa0804070.jpg

11849aa3b8e36754ee30da1ad43546c9_zpsdc62a5d1.jpg
  • emlynley
    emlynley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love watermelon and will try anything even remotely watermelon-flavored. I even went out of my way to Target to buy these.
    I was very disappointed. They did taste like gum, and not even the fake-watermelon taste. I actually peeled the filling off the cookies and just ate the plain white Oreos. That's saying a lot for a watermelon-lover like me.

They are quite pretty though. If they tasted as good as they looked, I would have been satisfied.

As someone else said, great theory, poor execution.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ew. I'll pass :sick:
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    An Oreo isn't an Oreo, unless it's chocolate, and only edible after being dunked in milk.

haha!! agreed!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound very appealing to me. yuck ;)
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    They are horrible. I started to eat one a couple of days ago, and I regretted every chew.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried them? They look pretty good but I could see how a watermelon flavored Oreo wouldn't taste good.
    87808c5071460ce3a857b7c234b6cf95_zpsa0804070.jpg

11849aa3b8e36754ee30da1ad43546c9_zpsdc62a5d1.jpg

Omg...now I've seen everything.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have the theme song and carrier vehicle ready.

can-t-fight-this-feeling_263206-450x.gif

^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Choice!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Standard oreo, but with the addition of Mega Stuff
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options

SO ME!! oreos are ok , but .. meh... take or leave it , rather leave it
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ick...