Where are the 5"4 ladies at??

Options

Replies

• ath322
    ath322 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'4. Been on a health kick off and on the past few months. just started again and 5 days in counting cals & doing cardio 4x wk. SW: 148. Hoping to update in a month. good luck to all...we CAN do this! Feel free to add :)
  • stephanie_queen
    stephanie_queen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4. I started at 165lbs and am now at 151.5lbs (13.5lbs down). I still have a long way to go but haven't been at this long. Wish me luck:)
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    5'4! Started in March at 160ish (didn't have a super accurate scale), now I'm 142.2. Based on previous happy weights my goal is 110 but I might stop sooner than that depending on how I look and feel. 24 years old and from the UK, feel free to add me!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My goal seems so high after seeing everyone else's!
    I'm between 5'3" and 5'4"
    SW: 251
    CW: 170
    GW: 140 - although the closer I get, I may decide to lower my goal a bit.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

You're exactly right. It may seem high, but it's not. You started at 251 and managed to get all the way down to 170. That's no easy task and takes a lot of hard work. Other people had different starting weights. As I stated earlier in the thread, my starting weight was 139. You set out to reach a reasonable goal rather than wanting to go straight from 251 to something like 110. When you reach your original goal weight, you can reassess. You may want to stay where you are, go a bit higher or go a bit lower. My original goal weight was 120 and then I decided to go lower, so I set it to 115. I was going to do 110 after, but as my body changes, I think 115 is my endpoint before recomp.

Congrats on losing so much weight! You're doing an awesome job.
  • mhausler93
    mhausler93 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4.5". Currently weigh 167.8. Started here at 176, but have been as high as 210. My lowest weight was 149. I've never been lower than that so for now my goal is 140. But I think eventually I'd like to hit 130.
  • amyinfla
    amyinfla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Im new here, Im 5'3.5 :) I am currently at 187, ( lost 5 pds my first two weeks, 3rd week ends tomorrow) I would like to get to 140, it's tough, I've been trying to lose weight for years with no success...

Right there with you, Gidgetgoescrazy. I'm down 11 lbs in 5 weeks with a goal of 30-35 more lbs. I love beautiful clothing, so looking good in them is my motivating factor. Plus, life is simply easier when not carrying around extra weight. :-)
  • VVBliss
    VVBliss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ErinSot wrote: »
    VVBliss wrote: »
    Ladies.. u all seriously gotta tell me what u did to loose those 10 20 pounds.. i am 5.4 at 152 lbs now. started in feb and worked a lot regularly and maintained good diet.. its been 10 mnths and all i lost is 8 pounds ( down from 160) . Seriously m so discouraged and not motivated at all to get started again( i took a mnth break) I m gonna consult a dietician now and get my blood work done. I am still motivated enough to keep trying. Please add me.

Are you logging everything and eating at a caloric deficit?

I had tried doing.. done that for about 1 mnth. Always remained under the goal. Bt i saw no results.. so i stopped doing that too :(
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Ladies.. u all seriously gotta tell me what u did to loose those 10 20 pounds.. i am 5.4 at 152 lbs now. started in feb and worked a lot regularly and maintained good diet.. its been 10 mnths and all i lost is 8 pounds ( down from 160) . Seriously m so discouraged and not motivated at all to get started again( i took a mnth break) I m gonna consult a dietician now and get my blood work done. I am still motivated enough to keep trying. Please add me.

I had tried doing.. done that for about 1 mnth. Always remained under the goal. Bt i saw no results.. so i stopped doing that too :(

Then you're eating too much and underestimating your portions.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am just shy of 5'4", and started out at 236 about three years ago. Ended up on a two year plateau due to illness, surgery, and recuperation. I am back on track and I just weighed in at 185. I am doing this through daily tracking, cardio, and weights. I cook most of my meals, but manage to stay on track eating out. I will re-evaluate once I get to 140. To keep myself from going crazy, I weigh in once a month.
  • lshpeng
    lshpeng Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", 129.2 BLS! Same goal here... Trying to get down below 120.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am 5'4, currently in the mid to high 120's. I'd like to see 115, but we'll see. Sometimes I get hungry, and eat all the things. So my loss has been slow at this level, but considering I started out at 175 lbs, whatever. :)
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

You're exactly right. It may seem high, but it's not. You started at 251 and managed to get all the way down to 170. That's no easy task and takes a lot of hard work. Other people had different starting weights. As I stated earlier in the thread, my starting weight was 139. You set out to reach a reasonable goal rather than wanting to go straight from 251 to something like 110. When you reach your original goal weight, you can reassess. You may want to stay where you are, go a bit higher or go a bit lower. My original goal weight was 120 and then I decided to go lower, so I set it to 115. I was going to do 110 after, but as my body changes, I think 115 is my endpoint before recomp.

Congrats on losing so much weight! You're doing an awesome job.

^^^^^^ this
  • eringrace95_
    Options

I use the TDEE method, not MFP's. http://tdeecalculator.net

Go to that website to calculate your TDEE and eat 500 cal under that and you should be good to go
  • LyiannaTameka
    LyiannaTameka Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'5 (probably one of the tallest here lol) & my current weight is 136lbs. I started at 150lbs on the 15th September, so I've lost about 14lbs in just under 6 weeks, (I know, not a huge loss for many of you). My GW is 110-115. That was where I was before my weight gain
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started my weight loss/health journey at 243 pounds. At two years in, I am now just under 190 pounds. With 53 pounds lost, I'm thinking of losing about another 25-30, which will put me in the 160s. Loving the progress!
  • superspork2
    superspork2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think its so interesting to see how even though I am also 5'4", I started at 170 and now am 140ish and my goal was 135. We all wear weight so different! The lowest I have ever weighed was 137, and but I was hardcore dieting and all the cardio, that I don't really have an interest of doing again because it just wasn't long term. I could probably lose a little more fat, but I've been doing heavy weight training so I don't see my weight going down by THAT much. Anyway, this just goes to show how different everyones bodies can be! Feel free to add me! I like to eat all the foods and lift all the things <3
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Linda31354 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm 5'4". I've been as heavy as 178, but started MFP at 163. I'm now around 128.

I was going to try to get to 125 and bulk, but I can't. Too much for my bod. I'm reverse dieting now and will hopefully be in a surplus by the first week of November, in time for my 30th birthday :)

Never thought my goal would be to gain (and cut again)! It's been a long journey.
    I'm 5'4, currently maintaining at 111.

Oh my, please share how you got to this point so fast. I started at 149, I'm 5' 3, right now I'm 132 and stuck. I really need help reaching 125. Thanks

It was not fast. I lost the first 25 at a decent rate, but I reached 135 probably last march. Took a break. And am just hitting 128 now. Wasn't easy.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'5 (probably one of the tallest here lol) & my current weight is 136lbs. I started at 150lbs on the 15th September, so I've lost about 14lbs in just under 6 weeks, (I know, not a huge loss for many of you). My GW is 110-115. That was where I was before my weight gain

That's crazy! How did you lose it so fast?
  • wendymoira
    wendymoira Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    These are all so different!

I'm 5'3.5" but round up on MFP. Started in June at 207, taking my time, currently 180. Aiming for 160 and then we'll see - that's the lowest weight I've been as an adult.