Low carb alternatives to a bread sandwich....but still as convenient?

Options
13»

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Looking for some easy lunch box ideas that's as easy to eat as grabbing a sandwich out of a lunch box to eat while working still! But without the carbs of bread........ideas? Quiche we already do what other ideas are out there???

Unwhich!

6a0120a707012b970b01901e754c49970b-pi
  • katie_fitzy
    katie_fitzy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farms makes a carb smart whole wheat and 7 grain bread 60 calories and 8 carbs per slice that taste good. Most bread are 16 g carbs or more per slice.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    have you ever tried vietnamese cold rolls? you could fill them with chicken, shrimp, etc.

No....what are they?

Never heard them called cold rolls. Maybe you're familiar with the term summer rolls?

FYI - they use a rice paper wrapper so probably not low carb (depends on how low carb you need). Certainly low calorie, though.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    A wrap is the greatest invention to avoid sandwich bread
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    FlatOut Flat bread has some low carb options, they have different kind of taste and high protein or low carb etc.
    I like them a lot and use them to make wraps and pizza's etc.

12107098_1479809572348282_6543294176245741496_n.jpg?oh=549a94c7d933cfe46407968900d05247&oe=56B9ED3A

95069916.png
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    low carb tortillas, for sure.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    OP. I use Goodness Super Food tortillas, HIGH in Fiber, carbs are 13, but still heaps better than bread or regular tortillas. Woolies and Coles sell them.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    OP. I use Goodness Super Food tortillas, HIGH in Fiber, carbs are 13, but still heaps better than bread or regular tortillas. Woolies and Coles sell them.

Not at my woolies but next time I head into the city I'll have a look for them :) 13 is good! Just looking at ways to reduce without obvious sacrifice!!!
  • summerkissed
    Options
    A wrap is the greatest invention to avoid sandwich bread

Some of those wraps have more carbs and twice the fat of regular bread though, I trying to find that healthier alternative without lose of taste
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Not at my woolies but next time I head into the city I'll have a look for them :) 13 is good! Just looking at ways to reduce without obvious sacrifice!!!

They aren't in the Mexican section, they are in the bread aisle
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I buy these all the time, I think they're healthy. Low calorie and high fiber.

3212_03.jpg

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I buy these all the time, I think they're healthy. Low calorie and high fiber.

3212_03.jpg

Those are the ones I buy for my family when I make freezer burritos.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I sometimes just roll up meat (ham, turkey) & cheese with some Dijon in the middle- they can be packed in plastic wrap/bags or a storage container, etc. can put some lettuce, tomatoes, onions in the middle, too...
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I use those big portobello mushroom caps for burgers buns... I'm sure you could use them for a sammich.
  • summerkissed
    Options

They aren't in the Mexican section, they are in the bread aisle

I live in a tiny rural town and our woolies only has a small selection. Lots of things we have to get monthly when I head into the big smoke lol
  • summerkissed
    edited November 2015
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    I use those big portobello mushroom caps for burgers buns... I'm sure you could use them for a sammich.

We don't get portobello mushrooms out here :neutral: I'm going to grow some though :smile: